Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed an El Diablo exhaust, and have Euro Headers coming in. The dilemma now is that I really like the tone and volume of just the ED muffler (everything else is stock). Regarding the headers, other than the slight power increase, how much is sound really affected in terms of volume and rasp? Trying to avoid the install and "wish I would've kept it the same" situation, being that I like how it sounds now.

Comment

Euro headers especially when there’s no cats can be very raspy. You may want to consider a rogue engineering section 1 with the resonator. They have a new version that came out last year that looks promising.

Comment

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the look of the BMW CCA badges.

It seems like 99.9% of E46 owners put them in the kidney grille.

But I think the lower grille looks a lot better, but it's so rare I had to photoshop this. Looks like it'd be tricky to install without removing the bumper too.

Anyone rocking the CCA badge?? Putting here to avoid getting flamed, haha.
        2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
        ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
          I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the look of the BMW CCA badges.

It seems like 99.9% of E46 owners put them in the kidney grille.

But I think the lower grille looks a lot better, but it's so rare I had to photoshop this. Looks like it'd be tricky to install without removing the bumper too.

Anyone rocking the CCA badge?? Putting here to avoid getting flamed, haha.
          I'd like to see, but dead links on my end at least.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Any issues that I may run into installing RHD Euro headers on a LHD car?

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post
              Nope, they'll fit up just fine
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Nope, they'll fit up just fine
                Nice, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by sbay View Post
                  I just had a set installed on my car with no hiccups. Just use oem gaskets and hardware and you’ll be fine.

depending on mileage, I would also replace the precat o2 sensors.

Comment

Anyone know what Ohlins R&T rear spring ID and length are? Thanks

Comment

I'm about to pull the trigger on a SG SCZA with 76mm brushed double wall tips. I've had their diffuser for almost 10 years and I'm not replacing it until I can get one from mile end.

Will this exhaust and 76mm tip option fit with their diffuser?

Comment

Anybody got a part number/name/link for this cap? Specifically gray, if possible. Dug through Realoem and Google, but to no avail. Thank you!
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's under seat belt section in realOEM

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=72_0374

There are 2 part numbers listed, however (besides the grey color one). Just search both and you'll see which is the most recent or used by part retailers.
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            It's under seat belt section in realOEM

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=72_0374

There are 2 part numbers listed, however (besides the grey color one). Just search both and you'll see which is the most recent or used by part retailers.
                            Awesome, thank you for the info! Much appreciated.

Part # for the gray cap if anyone ever needs it.
                            Last edited by sbay; 12-16-2021, 05:27 PM. Reason: Added part #.

Comment

I remember somebody was selling m stripes to renew the faded ones on the old forum. Nothing like those here?

Comment

My car came with stickers in the door jambs "Side Airbag Not Operational". Putting my internet sleuthing skills to good use, the general consensus is that these were either disabled by the dealer or shipped from BMW that way. Not sure which rumor is true, both seem plausible.

Regardless, my questions are:

1. Does this apply to only the rear side airbags? (rear seats) Presumably this does not apply to the front door-mounted airbags, which are still operable?

2. Since these rear seat airbags are deactivated, can I remove them altogether? Or will my car throw an airbag fault code?
                                Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X