This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    I will be replacing all bushings in rear-end of the vehicle soon and wondered if anyone could suggest a kit(s) they have personally used on these bushings successfully.

I know there are threads on this and I have read them but I'd sure appreciate any suggestions, I haven't found much in regards to the upper wishbone>subframe bushing.
    This tool has worked really well for me: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bav-auto.../b8800100~bav/

Comment

Originally posted by fourmula1 View Post
      Question regarding rear shock towers to subframe x braces. Some solutions replace the two rear subframe bolts with longer bolts that pass through the threaded chassis inserts and tie into the brace. What do braces like this achieve? They add some strength/rigidity to the shock towers but passing through the original mounting locations doesn’t seem like a solution that offers more rigidity and reinforcement to the subframe mounting area/racp. Could anyone speak to this?
      Thanks
      Similar idea to this: https://cmpautoengineering.com/pages...pside-beam-kit
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

This tool has worked really well for me: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bav-auto.../b8800100~bav/
        Same tool, much cheaper

Comment

Is anyone already starting to make preparations on importing a CSL into the US in 2028? God I wonder how much it will cost.

Comment

Dumb question here, but this is the thread for it haha. Anyways anyone know why I can’t comment on a for sale post? I just joined a few days ago so not sure if there’s a “waiting period”? It’s been like 10 years that I join a forum, so remind me how this works?!

Comment

Originally posted by narudnad View Post
              Dumb question here, but this is the thread for it haha. Anyways anyone know why I can’t comment on a for sale post? I just joined a few days ago so not sure if there’s a “waiting period”? It’s been like 10 years that I join a forum, so remind me how this works?!
              You just have to make 10 non-spam posts on other threads to be able to post in the FS section.
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
              Slicktop, no iDrive | Ă–hlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                You just have to make 10 non-spam posts on other threads to be able to post in the FS section.
                Thank you!

Comment

Will a Z4M airbox fit on our cars?

Comment

Is there a z4m airbox? Isn't it just "S54". Smg vs manual, ofc.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

The plenum is the same. The part that houses the filter is different. I haven't tried, but by looking at pics, my guess is that it won't fit. Looks too big.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Why get a z4m airbox when you can get a csl airbox?
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                          Is there a z4m airbox? Isn't it just "S54". Smg vs manual, ofc.
                          Someone on FB is selling (for cheap) the S54 airbox that fits on a Z4M. I have an ex-SMG car and would like to have the reservoir-less intake. Also have the Karb intake, but not really interested in installing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by S3diment View Post

Someone on FB is selling (for cheap) the S54 airbox that fits on a Z4M. I have an ex-SMG car and would like to have the reservoir-less intake. Also have the Karb intake, but not really interested in installing at the moment.
                            Just swap the plenum and it'll be fine. The rest of the airbox stuff is the same between manual and smg cars

Comment

Just realized the old thread I bumped was for the Karbonus Intake, so wanna repost here, sorry:

Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. But I wanted to make a post to deal with a lot of the conflicting and maybe outdated info out there.

I'm installing a Turner Box on a 2005 SMG car w/ MAF. First time doing this, but very eager to try. I don't want to buy anything unnecessary for my set-up. Including the ECU stuff is this all I need to get the car on the road? Prices obv don't include sales tax.

Must needs:
                              - CSL Airbox ($1583.75)
                              - 6x 60-80mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - 6x 50-70mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - Valve Bracket (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                              - CSL Air Filter ($179.95)
                              - Kassel MSS54HP CSL Conversion ($235)
                              - CSL MAP Sensor ($125)
                              - IAT Relocation Kit ($119.90)
                              - CSL IAT Sensor ($37.43)
                              - SMG Expansion Tank ($159.95)
                              - SMG Expansion Tank Bracket ($29.95)

Don't need / optional:
                              - CSL Dipstick
                              - CSL Dipstick tube
                              - Silicone Throttle Boots
                              - CSL Air Shut-off Valve

- Since my car is a 2005 it has a MSS54HP so the conversion kit is enough aka don't need to upgrade from a MSS54 to MSS54hp?

- My car was manufactured exactly 10/04 so I can reuse the throttle boots (Airbox kit comes with a new set though)

- I can modify my existing shut off valve by re-using two male connectors on each ends and replacing the hardline with a soft vacuum line

- I can bend/move the stock dipstick.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
                                Just realized the old thread I bumped was for the Karbonus Intake, so wanna repost here, sorry:

Sorry to bump a slightly old thread. But I wanted to make a post to deal with a lot of the conflicting and maybe outdated info out there.

I'm installing a Turner Box on a 2005 SMG car w/ MAF. First time doing this, but very eager to try. I don't want to buy anything unnecessary for my set-up. Including the ECU stuff is this all I need to get the car on the road? Prices obv don't include sales tax.

Must needs:
                                - CSL Airbox ($1583.75)
                                - 6x 60-80mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                                - 6x 50-70mm Band Hose Clamp (9mm) (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                                - Valve Bracket (included w/ CSL Airbox)
                                - CSL Air Filter ($179.95)
                                - Kassel MSS54HP CSL Conversion ($235)
                                - CSL MAP Sensor ($125)
                                - IAT Relocation Kit ($119.90)
                                - CSL IAT Sensor ($37.43)
                                - SMG Expansion Tank ($159.95)
                                - SMG Expansion Tank Bracket ($29.95)

Don't need / optional:
                                - CSL Dipstick
                                - CSL Dipstick tube
                                - Silicone Throttle Boots
                                - CSL Air Shut-off Valve

- Since my car is a 2005 it has a MSS54HP so the conversion kit is enough aka don't need to upgrade from a MSS54 to MSS54hp?

- My car was manufactured exactly 10/04 so I can reuse the throttle boots (Airbox kit comes with a new set though)

- I can modify my existing shut off valve by re-using two male connectors on each ends and replacing the hardline with a soft vacuum line

- I can bend/move the stock dipstick.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
                                Yes that's everything you need. Also yes your car would have the MSS54HP. It looks like you would run the stock CSL tune? I also highly recommend the Evolve Alpha-N tune which eliminates the need for a MAP sensor and CSL conversion. In my experience it also had much better drivability at low RPMs.

Comment

Working...
                                X