This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Yes that's everything you need. Also yes your car would have the MSS54HP. It looks like you would run the stock CSL tune? I also highly recommend the Evolve Alpha-N tune which eliminates the need for a MAP sensor and CSL conversion. In my experience it also had much better drivability at low RPMs.
    Yeah I was going to run the CSL tune. Was going to use MSSFlasher to flash the CSL tune and revert it back to stock non-CSL for smog if that works. Please correct me if that's not possible.

Comment

Noticed a nice clunk from my steering yesterday, I feel like the collective E46 community will know what this is right away... Thoughts?

http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Does this screen mean that my car was an smg originally?

Comment

Originally posted by Wernd View Post
          Does this screen mean that my car was an smg originally?
          Yes. It is just a blank panel on a manual cluster. Can also just check the VIN to see if it was optioned with SMG

Comment

I damaged my beauty cover for the engine. I really dont feel like spending the money for just a plastic cover with an M badge on it. Can i run the car without it?

Comment

Originally posted by michaeljchn View Post
              I damaged my beauty cover for the engine. I really dont feel like spending the money for just a plastic cover with an M badge on it. Can i run the car without it?
              Yes but it won't be as beautiful.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Are you guys using upper spring pads for the rears on coilovers/height adjsutable suspension?

Comment

Depends on your kit. Some, like KW, want the adjuster on top and a stock pad on the bottom. Others provide an upper mount made out of nylon or delrin, and the adjuster is on the bottom.

Parts available will depend on diameter of spring. I use 2.5" upper cone from ground control and stock bottom pad because my 6.5" GC springs settle perfectly at the 550lb rate.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I'm not advising anyone to do this but when I had my KWs I ran them upside down on the rear without issue (and I'm not the only one). I cannot understand what difference it could make on the e46 chassis but happy to be educated on that.
                    Last edited by oceansize; 02-23-2022, 10:55 AM.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

The only ting I could see mattering is how the adjuster sits. The top and bottom are not exactly the same. The KW might fit snuggly on the top "nipple," but then perhaps not as well on the bottom? I like how the GC clamps the bottom arm rather than just sitting on top. The KW has no way to secure other than having a tight fit I believe.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Which side axle is longer? I marked mine when I sent them off for rebuild but they sent them back unlabeled and I don’t remember.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post
                          Which side axle is longer? I marked mine when I sent them off for rebuild but they sent them back unlabeled and I don’t remember.
                          Right (US Passenger)

Comment

Are the OE strut tower reinforcement plates optional if you have a strut bar?

Also, is anyone with GC Street camber plates using those OE reinforcement plates with them? Seems like the reinforcement plates blocks some adjustment range.
                            Last edited by zzyzx85; 02-25-2022, 12:47 PM.
                            "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                            ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Can someone help me make sense of the Super Sprint header part numbers.

I think the stepped Super Sprints are the best for all out power right?

​​​​​​But do I want part number 044001 or 789801

Why are the V1's better than the v2s?

Comment

Originally posted by Esfiftyfour View Post
                                Can someone help me make sense of the Super Sprint header part numbers.

I think the stepped Super Sprints are the best for all out power right?

​​​​​​But do I want part number 044001 or 789801

Why are the V1's better than the v2s?
                                V1 is full 2.5" and needs the matching 2.5" Section 1
                                - Slip Fit

V2 necks down at the outlet flange to bolt to any OEM Style/Size Section 1
                                - Flanged
                                Last edited by JustAnother46M3; 02-26-2022, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X