Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have our roof measurements handy? I don't have my M3 at the moment.

Comment

I need the part # for these "axel cap bolts" but cannot find them listed on realoem and my access to even the newer newtis site is now gone.
      Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220302-005234_Office Mobile.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	156604
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Dealers want $280 for a key. Any other recommendations? thebmwminipartsstore.com?
        Thanks

Comment

My question might be related to the above. The key hole on the trunk has lost its chrome look and is now black. Doesn't look nice.

What options do I have to get back to the nicer look? Can I simply replace that assembly? Will that require coding, etc?

I would love to hear of cheaper solutions if possible, e.g., can I just polish it?
          2004 Mystic Blue M3 | 6-speed | Coupe
          Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
          SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2
          ITG CSL Airbox Airfilter| Karbonius E46 microfilter cover
          Karbonius M3 E46 CSL trunklid | Ohlin's BMS MI30 coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by HanSooloo View Post
            My question might be related to the above. The key hole on the trunk has lost its chrome look and is now black. Doesn't look nice.

What options do I have to get back to the nicer look? Can I simply replace that assembly? Will that require coding, etc?

I would love to hear of cheaper solutions if possible, e.g., can I just polish it?
            Is it greasy? Just wipe the dirt off. If it's tarnished, try some cheap metal polish. I like Simichrome.
            Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
              I need the part # for these "axel cap bolts" but cannot find them listed on realoem and my access to even the newer newtis site is now gone.
              Thanks for any help.

Name:	Screenshot_20220302-005234_Office Mobile.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	156604
              Hey I will get you this. Need to look it up on my computer later.

I also could not find it in the catalog, or if maybe I remember correctly, they were ridiculously expensive. So I ended up buying some from McMasters or Bolt Depot that were of the correct grade, thread pitch and face. I ended up getting a zinc/gold color and they look fantastic.
              Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Set of these wheels came with a track car we bought 6+ years ago and have been sitting for a while now.

They are 18’s and say say 5x100 but appear to be 5x120 fitment.

Can anyone shed light on the fitment and what they are worth?

Thanks

Name:	EF96876A-094B-4749-A151-FFDF18CE0345.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	157683 Click image for larger version

Name:	485E7A01-6952-4CDF-B610-12BDF56C34D7.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	157682

Comment

SSR Type C RS Wheels Good lightweight JDM wheel
                  Not sure what the going rate is but most of the price would depend on the specs.

Comment

If one replaces the steering rack with the one from ZCP on a standard M3, will there be a need to update the DSC?

If I keep the original steering wheel with cruise control buttons and the standard DSC button on the HVAC section, will things continue to work the way they are?
                    Karbonius CSL-style airbox | OEM CSL snorkel & flap | Schrick 280 / 272 cams with followers | CSL inconel exhaust valves
                    SuperSprint 63.5mm stepped headers, section-1 with sport cats, and resonated twin-pipe section-2

Comment

If one replaces the steering rack with the one from ZCP on a standard M3, will there be a need to update the DSC?

If I keep the original steering wheel with cruise control buttons and the standard DSC button on the HVAC section, will things continue to work the way they are?
                      You can code for the different steering rack:
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...hp-rack-coding

Steering wheel controls shouldn't be affected by coding the DSC.

Edit: That coding info is for a ZHP but I do believe they are close enough you should be fine although maybe a different value is better.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

You can only code it if you have a MK60 DSC. With the early DSC you will probably want to just disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleSidedTape View Post

You can only code it if you have a MK60 DSC. With the early DSC you will probably want to just disable it.
                          What would "it" be here?

Comment

What would "it" be here?
                            DSC.

I unplugged my steering angle sensor and put electrical tape over the light on the cluster. This has the downside of asp disabling cruise control but there might be other ways to do it. (I got tired of pressing the button every time I started the car, DSC would kick in when making a right hand turn up a hill leaving my apartment.)

Comment

Anyone have the part number for the steering wheel airbag plate bolts? I can't find these or I'm looking in the wrong places for the part number. Getting super annoyed here lol. The Torx fasteners. One of mine is stuck spinning in the old wheel so I need to drill it out and get a new fastener.

Name:	IMG_8968.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	159389 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8966.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	159388 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8969.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	159390
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                                Anyone have the part number for the steering wheel airbag plate bolts? I can't find these or I'm looking in the wrong places for the part number. Getting super annoyed here lol. The Torx fasteners. One of mine is stuck spinning in the old wheel so I need to drill it out and get a new fastener.
                                Edit: I don't think these are it but....

32301096839 (This one looks close to the torx you circled, but not sure)

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=32_1235
                                Last edited by oceansize; 03-15-2022, 04:47 PM.
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X