Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No those aren't them, they are kind of odd shape. I don't know why it's been hard to find that stuff on a parts diagram, maybe I'm just completely looking in the wrong places. I ended up getting mine out, had my wife help me with the electric ratchet while I pried the living fuck out of the plate from behind. Took out all the threads from the old wheel but the fastener seems to be fine LOL.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

The Michelin PS5 was released last month, typically how long before they're available for retail?

Comment

Isn't ps5 the successor to the ps4 and not positioned above the ps4s hence nothing special?
        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
          Isn't ps5 the successor to the ps4 and not positioned above the ps4s hence nothing special?
          That's the way I understand it.
          2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

"Nothing special" is a bit of a stretch. The PS4 was still a good tire so the PS5 should be, too. But yeah, we're still waiting for a PS4S successor.
            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
            Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
            Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I don't really have to worry about it for another 1.5 years but how many times have you reused the pinch clamps (11617830306) on the airbox side of the intake before they broke? also, what's the "proper" way to remove them? i've been sticking a flat bladed screwdriver into the "hole" and spreading out the "pinch" until it releases.
              "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
              ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
                I don't really have to worry about it for another 1.5 years but how many times have you reused the pinch clamps (11617830306) on the airbox side of the intake before they broke? also, what's the "proper" way to remove them? i've been sticking a flat bladed screwdriver into the "hole" and spreading out the "pinch" until it releases.
                I think they're supposed to be single use, but I reused my last set three times (as in remove-reinstall three times). I also just stuck a screwdriver in and opened up the pinch part. Don't think there's a "proper" way to do it, as the clamps are not expected to be in a reusable state after removal.

By the third time, they were starting to feel like they wouldn't really seal well, so I replaced them. Buy them on FCP and you can replace them every time for free
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Oetiker clamps are one time use. That said, the pressure on them is much greater when on cooling hoses than air boots, so I wouldn't sweat it, in this scenario.

This is for airbox side. The part # you listed is for oetiker clamps.

Or are you talking about the clamps on the throttle body side? Those are slightly different and can be reused ad infinitum.
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

heinzboehmer: good point about FCP haha. I had to straighten them out to re-use them but I don't know how many times I could bend them around before they snapped.

Tbonem3: yeah, i'm talking about the Oetiker clamp on the airbox side. Figured the clamping strength wasn't *that* important in this case but I debated changing them to worm clamps but decided against it because these just look cleaner.
                    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
                    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

For troubleshooting purposes, can i take my passenger side headlight and plug it into the harness on the driver side to test it? And vice versa? Im trying to isolate an issue with my drive side low beam not turning on

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                        I'm not advising anyone to do this but when I had my KWs I ran them upside down on the rear without issue (and I'm not the only one). I cannot understand what difference it could make on the e46 chassis but happy to be educated on that.
                        That's how i've been running my V2s. I recently swapped over to V3 and have been getting a spring noise. Re-read the instructions and they said do it how Tyler said to, then swapped them over with spring pads. (i have yet to drive the car to see if the noises went away, but i'm sure they did)

Anyways...

Are the OG BimmerWorld 'pacesetter' headers/jet-hot headers essentially just euro reps? They don't sell them anymore, but here is the link to them. From the description they look like just a ceramic coated rep. Any thoughts/reviews?

http://store.nexternal.com/bimmerwor...ader-p695.aspx

Added a picture of the headers... as after some research I'm not sure what they are.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by L0okitzRaj; 03-17-2022, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Those, like most aftermarket, chinese derived headers, are replicas of the Supersprint tubulare (long tube, not stepped). Euros are shorty tube. Long tubes make another 5-10hp and are upgrades on euro/csl shorties.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Those, like most aftermarket, chinese derived headers, are replicas of the Supersprint tubulare (long tube, not stepped). Euros are shorty tube. Long tubes make another 5-10hp and are upgrades on euro/csl shorties.
                            Good to know! Thanks Tyler. I picked them up for cheap. They just need to be recoated

Comment

Nice Raj! From the pics, I can see that the flanges are thin! They also have a better finish than the cheapest ones. I think they are a name brand, a higher (prob highest) tier of chinese made replica exh parts.

don't know what these blobs are though. how many bungs do ya need lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220318_223207.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.9 KB ID:	159807
                              Last edited by Tbonem3; 03-18-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                                Nice Raj! From the pics, I can see that the flanges are thin! They also have a better finish than the cheapest ones. I think they are a name brand, a higher (prob highest) tier of chinese made replica exh parts.

don't know what these blobs are though. how many bungs do ya need lol

Click image for larger version Name:	20220318_223207.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.9 KB ID:	159807
                                blobs are def bungs. Not sure why so many, either. But they do look to be welded in nicely.

Flanges are 1/4” …so it does look to fall along with the po saying they are old bw (bc of the ceramic as well)
                                Last edited by L0okitzRaj; 03-20-2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X