No announcement yet.

M3 Floor Mats NLA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new mats might not be as nice as the older version, but I like the fact that they got rid of that foam backing which always comes apart and makes a mess.

Comment

Well I ordered a set from FCP and they just arrived. I was expecting some absolute trash but they're quite nice. May not have the purple M stripe or the embroidery into the actual mat but these will do.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by WestBankM4; 03-03-2022, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        I looked into quality mats last year and was left unsatisfied with other manufacturers. I've had several og mats over the years and while good they were not particularly stellar, just nice.

Personally, having plush mats in a GT isn't that important to me but but current iterations are atrocious and would never pay US currency for the current shitty mats.
        Agreed 100%! Lol.
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

Agreed 100%! Lol.
          I'm going to catch flack for this but I'd have to say this whole getting bent out of shape over floor matts is just plain silly to me. i have never seen anyone get so crazy about floormats before. I feel like this is an iteration of "reached the end of the internet" as in you have reached peak e46 for your car when you are that concerned over some floor mats. like there is nothing else for you to upgrade/worry about in your car so the attention is diverted to some floormats and the of shade color they used on the stripes on a new run of matts.

i have a set of original mats in the car. they are ok, the bottoms have the peeling pads that are typical. I bought a brand new set last year from ECS scratch and dent (just had damaged packaging) and it has the off color striping that people are up in arms about and they dont even bother me particularly. i can definitely see when I place the mats next to each other OLD Vs New but other than that wen I put the new matts in the car they look like new floor matts that are a wear item.

​​​​​​​i think i'm going to pick up a set of the plain black matts that come in NON Ms and the CSL. there is enough stripe and M badging through out the car as it is. floor matts look cleaner with out the logo on them
          Last edited by nextelbuddy; 03-08-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
            i think i'm going to pick up a set of the plain black matts that come in NON Ms and the CSL. there is enough stripe and M badging through out the car as it is. floor matts look cleaner with out the logo on them
            I put a set of those in my car a couple weeks ago. Really like how it looks without the m badging. Like you said, there's enough badging already.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

I'm going to catch flack for this but I'd have to say this whole getting bent out of shape over floor matts is just plain silly to me. i have never seen anyone get so crazy about floormats before. I feel like this is an iteration of "reached the end of the internet" as in you have reached peak e46 for your car when you are that concerned over some floor mats. like there is nothing else for you to upgrade/worry about in your car so the attention is diverted to some floormats and the of shade color they used on the stripes on a new run of matts.

i have a set of original mats in the car. they are ok, the bottoms have the peeling pads that are typical. I bought a brand new set last year from ECS scratch and dent (just had damaged packaging) and it has the off color striping that people are up in arms about and they dont even bother me particularly. i can definitely see when I place the mats next to each other OLD Vs New but other than that wen I put the new matts in the car they look like new floor matts that are a wear item.

i think i'm going to pick up a set of the plain black matts that come in NON Ms and the CSL. there is enough stripe and M badging through out the car as it is. floor matts look cleaner with out the logo on them
              Far from done. It's more an ocd thing as I have pretty much refreshed the entire car down to the hardware. I just want the period correct stuff and am sick of giving the company money for "lesser quality" new parts than what I'm replacing which has become a trend as these cars have gotten older. Don't get me started on the hilarious quality issues with the A,B,C pillars. Lol.

Plain and simple though, BMW just doesn't care anymore. Their focus is on the new stuff and anything left in warranty that has an effect on customer retention towards new car sales. They do not care about any of us because they know the brand image will not be effected by what they output on a 20yr old car. It's really a shame when lesser brands like Honda and Ford for example, will give you the same quality product you are replacing on a consistent basis.

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with complaining about it. What's clearly wrong is acceptance of this practice and the dumbing down of parts as well as expectations from the consumer.

And I'm due for pillars
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with complaining about it. What's clearly wrong is acceptance of this practice and the dumbing down of parts as well as expectations from the consumer.

And I'm due for pillars
                  Don't be afraid to make your supplier reorder to get a close to matching set (aka two from the same batch run if possible) had to do it for A and Cs on both my E46s and I literally hate being that guy, but it has gotten so bad lately that even my parts guy laughed they can be 10 shades off from a left to right. It is so bad a color blind person would be able to tell lol

Comment

Btw for anyone wondering this is what the original mats looked like. Dark black and thick plush carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I'm due for pillars
                      $60 shipped for new BM3109 material from Global Upholstery Supply. I would just re-wrap them for uniformity.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post

$60 shipped for new BM3109 material from Global Upholstery Supply. I would just re-wrap them for uniformity.
                        Yeah I think I’m going to go this route. And then just take the lottery with the A-pillar inserts

2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                        Build Thread:
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by Rekpoint View Post

That’s a pretty good match? Probably would have gone that route had I known there was a definitive fabric that matches or at least is decently close.

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

That’s a pretty good match? Probably would have gone that route had I known there was a definitive fabric that matches or at least is decently close.

A perfect match just darker compared to your OEM pillars due to sun-bleaching. That price is for a yard.
                            Pillars ONLY as it doesn't have the foam backing for the headliner.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                              Like you said, there's enough badging already.
                              This is part of the reason I switched to all weathers years ago. That, plus they're easier to care for. And since my car sees lots of sand from beach day anyway, the others may or may not be up for sale some day. They really weren't all that good, but neither were the AMG mats that came in my SClass (same year, which made no sense given the MSRP). Both had peeling backs after a year or two. I don't know who was the supplier then, but it was silly. It's nice to have the originals but when the originals are trash... then it's just for the sake of provenance.

maw

Comment

There is nothing anyone could do to make me put those hideous rubber mats in my car

Comment

Working...
                                X