What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
    Got a delivery from TexaZ3, the interior project is underway. Last piece are the seats, I've made my decision to go with the Recaro Sportster CS. Will get them both an upholstery kit from AMX Performance as well.

Any suggestions on where to get CS's new? Base model vinyls are fine. eBay looks good in terms of price but the ship times aren't anything to scream about.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Alex did my door handles and center console as well, phenomenal. You'll love it!

Comment

Alex is a cheat code for these interiors for sure. Now if he can figure out the leather on these OEM seats... I'll happily ship him the covers... TexaZ3

;-D

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
        Alex is a cheat code for these interiors for sure. Now if he can figure out the leather on these OEM seats... I'll happily ship him the covers... TexaZ3

;-D

maw
        He did all my stuff too - Alex is great. I have to ship him some more stuff in Spring.

For seats: https://www.prestigeautoleather.com/

Is there an easy way to just get the covers off? I've seen one 50's kid video, but I forget how far he took them down. Shipping the entire seats is pretty expensive I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by bagger View Post
          For seats: https://www.prestigeautoleather.com/

Is there an easy way to just get the covers off?
          Thanks I've seen those guys. I'd just have an upholstery shop remove them for shipping. I was halfway joking. I think what I'll end up doing is buying some bulk factory leather and trusting a local upholstery shop I've used before and just live with the patina mismatch (if it gets that bad). For now, I'm holding on with copious amounts of leather conditioner to prevent the shrinkage that eventually ruins the stitching.

maw

Comment

Fit check with the 219Ms. Looks super close with stock E92 sizes, but I'd like to go with 275/35 in the rear to get a better match circumference to the 245/40 front.

Last edited by nahvkolaj; 11-20-2023, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Reinstalled the bucket seats with Schroth 6 Point harnesses.

Also, the CF driveshaft just came in. This is an OEM M4 part, that has been modified with the ends to fit the e46 M3.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Altaran didn't know that was possible. Why not just go with the one specifically for our car from YCM?

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                  Altaran didn't know that was possible. Why not just go with the one specifically for our car from YCM?
                  I have it made by a company specializing in fixing shafts and rebuilding joints. The welding and balancing is top quality.

Why rebuild an OEM piece? Main reason is to get an OEM carbon build quality. The quality demands for serial suppliers are ridiculous, no aftermarket products have such a high quality assurance effort. (Does not necessarily mean that they are worse).

Second point is I am dealing with a German company and I am located in Germany. Just in case of follow-ups in makes life easier.

Third reason is price. This was actually a lot cheaper. I paid 600 for the m4 driveshaft, 60 for a 330 driveshaft (same flanches as M3), and 600 to modify it. Total 1260€.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
                    Reinstalled the bucket seats with Schroth 6 Point harnesses.

Also, the CF driveshaft just came in. This is an OEM M4 part, that has been modified with the ends to fit the e46 M3.

Well that's excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Well that's excellent!
                      Thank you!

Comment

Got my shitty garage a little less shitty yesterday, I hate how it looks but it works. I had my E36 in there so I did the inaugural lift with my Quick Jacks finally set up.

Today I finally made some progress on improving (yet imminently ruining) my E46.

Mercifully, the old tint came off easily and without leaving too much shit behind. I was able to get all the residual glue off the glass with Goo Gone and a bunch of glass cleaner.

I had gutted a good amount of the rear a while back, so I got around to finishing it today, or at least, taking it as far as I plan to go.

How it sits currently. The cassette comes out tomorrow.

Freshly redone euro headliner.

I don't have whatever goes here. I might just put a little carbon fiber sheet I have laying around in there.

Poor man's slick top inbound.

Really nice quality on this piece at first glance. It comes clear coated and I plan to ceramic coat it.

And this I'm actually putting back in, along with the rear door panels, and of course the A/B/C pillars. Repainting the deck with this black fabric spray I have.

That's it for now, gonna chip away at this for the next few days. I'm hoping to have the whole interior makeover done by next weekend if not sooner.
                        Last edited by Nate047; 11-26-2023, 06:25 PM.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Pretty much ignored it for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Not much out there I want....

Mike
                          02 M3 Titanium Silver/Black
                          11 Tundra SuperWhite/Black
                          16 X5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20231119102119.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	243574 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20231126212942.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	243575
                            Making a rear seat delete bench that I will support underneath with expand a foam and wrap in either black or red alcantara. Bought the Fall Line Motorsports bar from iND with their Black Friday deal. Hoping to get it all together over the next couple of months

Comment

That's clean Wernd come to TN and do mine haha.

Comment

Ordered Bavsound speakers for the m3 and also the zhp.

Comment

Working...
                                X