No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced belts and tensioners then went for a drive, threw back my stock intake (was running AFE for years)

Click image for larger version  Name:	belts.jpg Views:	0 Size:	273.5 KB ID:	122606
    Click image for larger version  Name:	belts1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	250.0 KB ID:	122607

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

pull the pad off the car and take a look see, sometimes that piece fails (it doesn't like taking loads from floor jacks) not the metal itself
      It turns out our car's jack pad supports were failing. We reached out to Lewis Ford at WeldTech Bristol (https://weldtechbristol.co.uk) and bought some of their jack pad support brackets. I had my body shop install them while they were installing my Vince Bar. The car is now rock solid and will never have a failing jack pad problem again.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchhome View Post

It turns out our car's jack pad supports were failing. We reached out to Lewis Ford at WeldTech Bristol (https://weldtechbristol.co.uk) and bought some of their jack pad support brackets. I had my body shop install them while they were installing my Vince Bar. The car is now rock solid and will never have a failing jack pad problem again.
        Sounds interesting. Do you have any pictures?
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Replaced the old worn in odd places front carpet. Now need to source some rear carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
            Click image for larger version

Name:	51397532700_72627b3ffa_b.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	122517

The bearings looked pretty good at 112k miles
            ]
            this is encouraging to see, i'm at 143k miles and want to do bearings but the oil reports keep saying i dont need to

Comment

Installed AFE intake, sounds great!!

Name:	PXL_20210824_041409028.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	122732

2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
              ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Does that make any power?
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

this is encouraging to see, i'm at 143k miles and want to do bearings but the oil reports keep saying i dont need to
                  Yeah, I was a little surprised how good they looked. I don't have a recent oil report to post because I planned on doing it regardless. My last report maybe a year or two ago did not indicate significant wear.
                  2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                  Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                  Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

non-M3 content.....going for a diff look on my E30. Bought some Depo crosshairs (can't justify paying $1K for Hellas) for 1/4 of the price. Resealing them with silicone with hopes it doesn't leak. Transferred my HIDs and bulbs over. Will Lamin-X once silicone dries.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	B9AA114F-E7C2-4F27-98BC-FDB4DA1FD45A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	157.4 KB ID:	122742 Click image for larger version  Name:	ACAB815B-FC3D-4AFF-8A5C-3F4BD3583994.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	122741 Click image for larger version  Name:	5DC21EB0-E3B7-4ECD-B41F-9B58F27ECFB7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	122740

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                      Does that make any power?
                      Probably not much, but keeps me CA legal and sounds 100% better is good enough for me
                      2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                      ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Changed to H&R sports and Billies. When I disassembled the date coded factory front there was blue and white plastic donuts. Looked it up and they are shipping rings for transport, 15 years later, wow. 1 strut was dead.
                        Any reason to save the stock springs?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerSax View Post
                          Changed to H&R sports and Billies. When I disassembled the date coded factory front there was blue and white plastic donuts. Looked it up and they are shipping rings for transport, 15 years later, wow. 1 strut was dead.
                          Any reason to save the stock springs?
                          I’ve driven, at that time, new 2001 E46 M3 that rode incredibly rough. Years later I realized it probably had the shopping spacers still inside.

That car went thousands of miles with them on.

I think some early cars didn’t have the PDI done correctly / maybe it was just the tech?

Drove a 2002 M3 years later and it felt incredibly smooth compared to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh6390 View Post
                            Removed all seats and did a leatherette treatment. Some say all the work involved could be considered snake oil, but it truly does change the feel of the leather; softer. My seats were in excellent condition before but feel even better now.

Baking in sun for first couple hours. I ended up leaving product on for about 48hours.

Name:	20210807_161400.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	122577

After.

Name:	1629730307897_image2.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	122578

Carpet cleaned all of flooring and mats.

Name:	1629730308303_image0.jpeg
Views:	646
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	122579

Name:	1629730366185_image2.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	122580

Also, re adhesived a peeling c pillar and spray dyed the faded rear parcel deck.

Before

Name:	20210803_215937.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	122582
                            after

Name:	20210807_161905.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	122581

I am enjoying the refresh.
                            Did you use the leatherique rejuvenator oil? I’m planning to try that.

Comment

Originally posted by LatinSkllz View Post

Did you use the leatherique rejuvenator oil? I’m planning to try that.

Yes and the pristine clean. I did the entire interior and I still have half bottle left of the 16oz. So if you want to save a few bucks just get 8oz bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh6390 View Post

Yes and the pristine clean. I did the entire interior and I still have half bottle left of the 16oz. So if you want to save a few bucks just get 8oz bottles.
                                I cleaned the interior with g2 techniq tri-clean so will use that’s again. Thanks for confirming. I’ve heard that the oil is hit or miss

Comment

Working...
                                X