What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
    Attempted to put a new starter in, came to find out that someone already put one in and didn't even install the second bolt and on top of that the singular Torx bolt that was in there was rounded out.

Dropped the trans mount to give me extra space but still no luck, going on what's now day 4 of intermittently trying to work on it when the feeling of defeat no longer resides.

Tried an 8 & 10mm extractor socket as well as a 3/8 (measured the bolt profile with calipers and the 3/8 was closest to it, 3 thou of an inch difference, since the extractor socket set didn't come with 9mm smh).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bolt might be too mangled at this point for this, but did you try hammering a slightly e torx socket onto the bolt? Then use a long extension to get an impact driver on it from behind the transmission
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Bolt might be too mangled at this point for this, but did you try hammering a slightly e torx socket onto the bolt? Then use a long extension to get an impact driver on it from behind the transmission
      That's pretty much the plan, just have to do it when I don't feel defeated lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Took it out to break in the motor, after 10 minutes of driving I got sacked by the cops. Wasn't speeding or anything, they just don't really like modded cars. I guess the GT4 wing may be a bit flashy...

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          Took it out to break in the motor, after 10 minutes of driving I got sacked by the cops. Wasn't speeding or anything, they just don't really like modded cars. I guess the GT4 wing may be a bit flashy...

Good to know it is not just an American thing lol. I've been pulled over twice, not the in m3, but in two of my other cars that are more "racy". No broken laws, no tickets issued. Just pulling me over. The one was funny because it was the in the evening (couldn't see me) and the policeman walks up and sees a fifty plus year old gray hair driving a highly modified brightly colored 2016 Focus ST, I could immediately see that I wasn't what he was expecting.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Good to know it is not just an American thing lol. I've been pulled over twice, not the in m3, but in two of my other cars that are more "racy". No broken laws, no tickets issued. Just pulling me over. The one was funny because it was the in the evening (couldn't see me) and the policeman walks up and sees a fifty plus year old gray hair driving a highly modified brightly colored 2016 Focus ST, I could immediately see that I wasn't what he was expecting.
            Compared to my experience in the states it's much worse here in Europe. All mods have to be in your vehicle papers. But as I learned, even if that's the case some nitpicky dudes can still give you trouble. Now I have to get everything recertified. Major annoyance...

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
              Compared to my experience in the states it's much worse here in Europe. All mods have to be in your vehicle papers. But as I learned, even if that's the case some nitpicky dudes can still give you trouble. Now I have to get everything recertified. Major annoyance...

I bought an E30 touring in Berlin and can vouch for this. I tried to fit snow tires and bought a set of 15" tires off ebay kleineinzeigen. The seller asked me if I was sure they would fit, and I said of course (because I had 15" wheels). Wasn't until I brought said tires to the mechanic and he informed me I could only fit the specified size on the vehicle papers I realized my mistake. Ended up selling those tires for half of what I paid to get them out of my apartment.
              2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

I bought an E30 touring in Berlin and can vouch for this. I tried to fit snow tires and bought a set of 15" tires off ebay kleineinzeigen. The seller asked me if I was sure they would fit, and I said of course (because I had 15" wheels). Wasn't until I brought said tires to the mechanic and he informed me I could only fit the specified size on the vehicle papers I realized my mistake. Ended up selling those tires for half of what I paid to get them out of my apartment.
                You can fit different size wheels, but you need TÃœV or DEKRA to approve it and then go to the German version of DMV to get your papers changed.
                And generally they will only allow wheels that passed certain tests according to DIN Norm.

Lots of paperwork and headache 😅

Comment

Picked up the finished cylinder head from Brad Noland at Noland's Cylinder Head Service ( https://www.facebook.com/nolandscylhead/) in Kansas City. Now to get the bottom end done.

Feff

Attached Files
                  MVP Track Time

Comment

Finally fixed my parasitic drain. Car wouldn't start when it sat for 3+ days.

Culprit was the radio, was pulling 220mA when car was asleep, Pulling fuse 41 would cause the drain to drop to 9 mA.
                    Luckily i had a suspicion it was radio mainly because the backlight was dimmer than the rest of instruments and it would randomly turn off in some cases. So, it was the first fuses i tested.

Purchased replacement radio later production date model on ebay for about $80. Really happy with the model as it a lot nicer than my original unit.
                    With new radio amp draw was only 10 mA when the car went to sleep.

Comment

Went to go mount tires onto 17" Volks RE30's and found out two big things preventing me from being able to use the wheels:

1. All 4 wheels were slightly bent. Thanks to the seller for not telling me about that little detail.

2. The front wheels won't fit over my 996 BBK caliper.

Nice big fail and waste of time.
                      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                        Went to go mount tires onto 17" Volks RE30's and found out two big things preventing me from being able to use the wheels:

1. All 4 wheels were slightly bent. Thanks to the seller for not telling me about that little detail.

Shitty that they did not mention that. If the brakes don't clear the spokes, then a spacer is an option and minor bends can usually be repaired pretty easily. I rode in a track car where the owner was able to balance out the wheels with the very minor bends and mount those to the front. The slightly more bent ones went on the rear. He was hitting those racetrack curbs pretty good lol
                        Last edited by Slideways; 02-03-2024, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Brochacho, you thought 17s would clear brembo calipers?
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Brochacho, you thought 17s would clear brembo calipers?
                            Yep lol. Didn't realize how different sized barrels change fitment on the brake caliper.

I might still try to fit these but might also just switch from my current 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 to 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 by cannablizing another set of wheels I have.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

130K bearings, pulled from my swap engine.

Comment

My M turned 22 last week so I thought it was time for some upgrades. New wheels ,tires and coilovers. I went with Zeitgeist CSL-R wheels, Pilot sport 4S and KW V1
                                the wheels are stunning. Then some maintenance work . Click image for larger version

Name:	595ec1da-cdd5-4161-939f-f2efc67687f7.png
Views:	379
Size:	830.1 KB
ID:	252215

Comment

Working...
                                X