No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retired OEM BMW Valeo for a new one. I had q flat a few weeks ago and tried pumping tire with the car off and it wouldn't start after. Braille 21lbs battery. Unfortunately my brother and a good track buddy suffered alternator failures literally yesterday. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240614_231525522.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	268158 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240614_222858049.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	268159
    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
    M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Steering Rack Saturday. Have never seen hydraulic fluid inside both tie rod boots. Heading off to davidinnyc for a rebuild

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240615_144116.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	268164 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240615_144350.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	268165
      | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Started the daunting task of converting to black interior from grey. While I'm there I have a host of upgrades aching to go in,

Recaro Sportster CS'
        BavSound Stage 1 Speakers
        Dynavin 9 Pro
        New vents
        New OEM heater core and blower motor resistor. (Just cause I'm there)
        Polish Steering wheel in alcantara.
        Ripping out sound deadening on firewall (waiting to install my Karb box).
        Removal of rear side airbags (they're not operational)
        AKG pedals, delrin brake bushings and bronze clutch bushings.
        Euro OEM center console

I figure tucking the after market Nav harness to the trunk is easier now, so it's time to upgrade the sound. I'm laying Second Skin Audio Damplifier Pro mat in the areas the old stuff has been dried and cracked, namely under the rear seats and behind door panels. I also bought their Mega Zorbe Melamine foam. The goal is to replace the jean peat behind the doors and surrounding areas for a one to one swap. I'm hoping it's not too heavy but I'm cutting weight as is, about 5lbs from the firewall crap. I also have the technic PnP harness for adding an amp in place of the HK amp. That will be done in the future.

Now that the interior will be completed the last part of the project before I post is the exterior. Wheels, bumpers, trunk and diffusor. Really want to do a carbon roof but I haven't bought one yet and the car would be down for a minute. Soon I'm sure.

P.S. bonus of $2.03 under the seats.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

My OE CSL roof had started yellowing badly and peeling so removed all the old resin, new resin applied and clear coat going on after some sanding to perfection. Long overdue, also getting both rear fenders resprayed due to some rust repair.

I think in the future a color change to Daytona Violet is in order LOL.

Comment

Is this a BMW or a Wiesmann?

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
              Is this a BMW or a Wiesmann?

Paint looks wetter than an otters pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                Paint looks wetter than an otters pocket.

Thanks, some sort of ceramic coating. Quite amazing how it transforms this 20-year-old paint.
                BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Thanks, some sort of ceramic coating. Quite amazing how it transforms this 20-year-old paint.
                  I might have missed it - but what did you use?

Comment

The car looks like that because of the paint correction, not because of the coating.

Anything advertising the hardness or preposterous longevity is a scam.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

My OE CSL roof had started yellowing badly and peeling so removed all the old resin, new resin applied and clear coat going on after some sanding to perfection. Long overdue, also getting both rear fenders resprayed due to some rust repair.

I think in the future a color change to Daytona Violet is in order LOL.
                      My roof is not yellowing or peeling but somehow it's developed pretty bad orange peel. Do you think new resin is required or will sanding and clear coat take care of it?
                      2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse - SOLD

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                      Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post

My roof is not yellowing or peeling but somehow it's developed pretty bad orange peel. Do you think new resin is required or will sanding and clear coat take care of it?
                        You should try the sanding and clear coat method first, but to save time and money it’s better to take it to a professional bodyshop first to get their opinion.

Comment

Picked up a brand new set of CS wheels for the Imola Red!
                          Attached Files

Comment

One more!

Wife and kids are gone for two weeks, so I need to move fast with my purchases and installs so she doesn’t notice. Put these in my kids playroom for now (blanket on the couch because they’re disgusting animals) while I find some suitable ceramic, new valves and TPMS, and of course a deal on tires!

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by davidinnyc; 06-19-2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Last coat of clear has been done. I might take a few photos after I'm all done and start a new journal as the old one was lost with M3F

Comment

Working...
                              X