No announcement yet.

What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got mine smogged. Also attempted to replace the broken valve cover stud but my sockets were not skinny enough to fit into the valve cover pocket.

Not really motivated enough today to start grinding down a socket so maybe I'll wait until next valve adjustment or if it starts leaking.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Finally got around to replacing the detent springs. Couldn't get access to the one behind the blind plug with the box still in the car, and unfortunately the 4 I did manage to replace were all fine. I guess I'm up for a GPS now!

Comment

Replaced rear rotors and pads at CCA DIY event Sunday. Went very smoothly. Also did oil and tightened parking brake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zimmermans.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	223577

Last edited by BlueBimmers; 06-28-2023, 12:43 PM.
        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post

My car is Jet, so a bit easier to patch up. I'll have to look into sourcing a good fender. Might be a faster way to get the car fixed too.

I also got a quote from the same shop for a minor dent fix on the hood, which I would expect to be a PDR process, but they're quoting removal, paint, the whole 9. I'd hate to end up with a bondo-filled mess of a job.
          these fenders are double walled. Repairing that all-metal will be tough. Due to the dubious nature of auto body shops I’m betting you’ll get a better result buying a used fender in good shape. Paint match it if you don’t think it matches well. But if it does match you’re in a great spot. If it needs to be painted then it won’t have any bondo in it.

im guessing the shop will just want to buy a new fender anyway.

Comment

Got a warrant of fitness for it today. Full marks to the inspector who recognised the CSL seats and struck up conversation with me about them! (Only person aside from my dad and 1 mate who has been remotely interested in them haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
            Build Thread:
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

these fenders are double walled. Repairing that all-metal will be tough. Due to the dubious nature of auto body shops I'm betting you'll get a better result buying a used fender in good shape. Paint match it if you don't think it matches well. But if it does match you're in a great spot. If it needs to be painted then it won't have any bondo in it.

im guessing the shop will just want to buy a new fender anyway.
              Looked at the quote again and the more expensive shop wants to get a new fender so no metalwork or filler. New is not much more than a take-off and I haven't found a decent Jet one so it'll need paint anyway. Once the shop secured a fender they'll call me in.

Comment

Backroad cruise with the neighbor.

Name:	FullSizeR(1).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	224844

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	224845

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh6390 View Post
                  Backroad cruise with the neighbor.

I appreciate the Porsche 996 but it looks like hot doo-doo next to the glorious e46 m3 bodylines.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I appreciate the Porsche 996 but it looks like hot doo-doo next to the glorious e46 m3 bodylines.
                    I agree. Never really noticed it until next to each other. BMW was definitely onto something in the early 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Lol, hot doo-doo

The E46 M3 has certainly stood the test of time. It still just looks spectacular.

Fresh6390 's CSL bumper and LMs certainly don't take anything away from it either.
                      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Updated my bluebus software, and replaced a thoroughly dry rotted windshield cowl

Comment

Finally had time to finish my custom Euro cats (modified Z4M section 1).

I installed them on my Silver E46 M3, just need CSL
                          or Euro headers now…
                          2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                          2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                          2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                          2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                            Finally had time to finish my custom Euro cats (modified Z4M section 1).

I installed them on my Silver E46 M3, just need CSL
                            or Euro headers now…
                            Did you do that yourself with welding the cats? Beautiful work. I really want to weld in cats to my SS exhaust as im done with the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Did you do that yourself with welding the cats? Beautiful work. I really want to weld in cats to my SS exhaust as im done with the smell.
                              Yes did the welding myself. Z4M Coupe Section 1 is 3’’ longer than E46 M3 section 1 and flanges between section 1 & 2 have different orientation so cutted the flanges and rotated and welded back on.

Back in the days when I had my Z4M Coupe, I would modify US Z4M section 1, weld 2 o2 sensors bungs and an EGT bung to make them similar to the Euro Z4M section 1. It was perfect when installing catless headers. Euro Z4M have catless headers and longer cats in section 1. US Z4M have same cats headers as E46 M3 + a section 1 with cats. So when doing catless headers on a US Z4M, no need to replace the section 1, just modify it to accept post catsO2 and EGT unless you go with aftermarket headers.
                              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Yes did the welding myself. Z4M Coupe Section 1 is 3’’ longer than E46 M3 section 1 and flanges between section 1 & 2 have different orientation so cutted the flanges and rotated and welded back on.

Back in the days when I had my Z4M Coupe, I would modify US Z4M section 1, weld 2 o2 sensors bungs and an EGT bung to make them similar to the Euro Z4M section 1. It was perfect when installing catless headers. Euro Z4M have catless headers and longer cats in section 1. US Z4M have same cats headers as E46 M3 + a section 1 with cats. So when doing catless headers on a US Z4M, no need to replace the section 1, just modify it to accept post catsO2 and EGT unless you go with aftermarket headers.
                                Awesome! Thats some nice welding. What cats did you go with? I wish I could just buy some reasonably priced cats to weld into my SS Sec 1

Comment

Working...
                                X