What did you do for your M3 today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Awesome! Thats some nice welding. What cats did you go with? I wish I could just buy some reasonably priced cats to weld into my SS Sec 1
    This is an OEM Z4M section 1, it already came from factory with cats! Just modified the flanges to fit the E46 M3 chassis.

You can buy HJS cats here, same cats as the one used by SS :

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

This is an OEM Z4M section 1, it already came from factory with cats! Just modified the flanges to fit the E46 M3 chassis.

You can buy HJS cats here, same cats as the one used by SS :

https://www.turboperformance.shop/en...-up-to-2600-cc
      Ah got it. are those HJS cats the right size for an SS Sec 1?

Comment

Ah got it. are those HJS cats the right size for an SS Sec 1?
        They seems to be 61.5mm vs 63.5mm if you havec the slip-on V1 headers but you can get them to 63.5mm with a muffler pipe expander tool.

Comment

They seems to be 61.5mm vs 63.5mm if you havec the slip-on V1 headers but you can get them to 63.5mm with a muffler pipe expander tool.
          Got it. Thanks so much for that info. im going to look into it or maybe even wait for black Friday sales and see if they put out an offer this year....

Comment

Got it. Thanks so much for that info. im going to look into it or maybe even wait for black Friday sales and see if they put out an offer this year....
            I bought my SS Stepped V1, V1 cats, twin tubes section 2 and SS Sport muffler at around 40% off during Black Friday. It’s cheaper than most used one for sale

Comment

I bought my SS Stepped V1, V1 cats, twin tubes section 2 and SS Sport muffler at around 40% off during Black Friday. It’s cheaper than most used one for sale
              Yeah see if i got 40% plus off i wouldn't mind getting the cats from SS.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                Turned my Antigravity LiFePo4 into a paperweight over winter storage because I had too much faith in the low voltage cutoff and never found time to visit the car and put it on a tender … 2.7V across the terminals and won’t charge at all. New battery time, deciding between a CSL sized AGM or another 40 Ah lithium.

On the bright side the car started right up after jumping it with no odd noises or problems after eight months … always a win!

edit: decided to go with this one: https://powertexbatteries.com/produc...motive-battery

Nothing special about the Antigravity over any other LiFePo4 really. Cells are all sourced in China since they have the materials and the BMS is mature off the shelf tech. Really if you look at the cost of the cells themselves these batteries are all a ripoff .. they all have like $50 or less worth of lithium in them. I can stomach $450 compared to $270 for the CSL sized AGM though.
                I have to amend what I said here. I ordered and received the Powertex battery and it arrived with loose/broken internals and noticeably lower quality plastic casing than the Antigravity. It read 13.3V across the terminals but I was not about to put that fire hazard in my car. Their customer service was fine and eventually I got a refund without sending the battery back (which would be illegal since it’s damaged). Will have to recycle it somehow.

Antigravity on the other hand, after telling me to do all the usual force charge tricks, eventually told me to go ahead and send my battery in for warranty service despite the fact that I don’t have a proof of purchase and over-discharged it, which is technically not covered. After a couple weeks a brand new 40 Ah model showed up at my house even though I sent in a 30 Ah (no longer made). I would stick with AG for LiFePo4 batteries.

Comment

Installed ST60/ST40, adjusted handbrake, chested ride height to 13”/13” (might raise the front to 13 1/4 or 13 1/2” and did brake fluid flush with motel RB.

Looks beautiful and brakes are awesome.

Comment

Installed ST60/ST40, adjusted handbrake, chested ride height to 13”/13” (might raise the front to 13 1/4 or 13 1/2” and did brake fluid flush with motel RB.

Looks beautiful and brakes are awesome.
                    I too just installed my Brembo GT Monoblock brakes a few weeks ago, will get pics up.

Question for you on the flush, how many litre's of fluid did you go through? I only used 1.25 litres but I feel like I didn't completely flush the old stuff out yet, there's some sponginess present.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

I too just installed my Brembo GT Monoblock brakes a few weeks ago, will get pics up.

Question for you on the flush, how many litre's of fluid did you go through? I only used 1.25 litres but I feel like I didn't completely flush the old stuff out yet, there's some sponginess present.
                      around 1.5 liters.

looking forward to seeing pics. My calipers look tired as the kit is used so i want to refurbish them and change the color but I can’t find the stencil for the stoptech logo.

Comment

Did the wiring for the mirror adjustor relocation to the center console.
                        I used existing wires I still had from deleting the side airbags as they had the pins for routing through the door. Wire length ist about perfect, since the airbag module also sits in the center.

Saved me 110 bucks on that relocation kit available on the net 😅

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Weather warming up, took the opportunity to apply some Leatherique Rejuvenator to let it soak. Will re-apply a few times and soak over the next 3-4 days.

Comment

Arm rest delete with the roller insert. Should’ve done it a long time ago 😁

Comment

I test fitted my BBS RS211 on my E46 M3 to see clearence with OEM brakes in case I would like to do a E46 M3 brake retrofit to my E30 318is. Rear is direct fit but front would need spacers to clear calipers

Comment

Playing with spacers today!

Comment

Working...
                                X