X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius door panels and handles came in. Quality is freakin' sweeeeet

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
      After that, I'm retiring her to the garage.
      As in garage queen? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................... ..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=12379687.gif
Views:	360
Size:	1,000.2 KB
ID:	91701
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

As in garage queen? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................... ..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=12379687.gif
Views:	360
Size:	1,000.2 KB
ID:	91701
        Yep. Garage queen. I think I鈥檓 content with where she鈥檚 at now. I think I鈥檓 practically touched all that I wanted. Maybe engine down the line but it screams now with the euro headers.

Another project car is stuck in Colorado. Should be here tomorrow supposedly.

Comment

Sweet Ass Door panels, that's on my to-do list one day..

Comment

Would love to see pics of the install process and finished door cards!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
            2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
              Would love to see pics of the install process and finished door cards!
              When I get 'er back from EAS this weekend, hopefully I'll have the chance to install it on Sunday.

Comment

When I get 'er back from EAS this weekend, hopefully I'll have the chance to install it on Sunday.
                Yeah, please, make a post would like to see the finished product.
                E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Yep. Garage queen. I think I鈥檓 content with where she鈥檚 at now. I think I鈥檓 practically touched all that I wanted. Maybe engine down the line but it screams now with the euro headers.

Another project car is stuck in Colorado. Should be here tomorrow supposedly.
                  Such a killer build and I don't know how you can keep your hands off of it. I'm not content unless I'm attempting to re-ruin everything I've done lol.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Such a killer build and I don't know how you can keep your hands off of it. I'm not content unless I'm attempting to re-ruin everything I've done lol.
                    lol. When I bought it, a lot was already done to it. And when I talked to the previous owner I told him "the heavy lifting is pretty much done, I'll probably add a few things, maybe change out the wheels" and one after another, I just kept digging a deeper hole in my wallet. So I think beyond the engine, if something pops up, sure, I'll buy it, lol. But I'm absolutely happy with where it sits. Everything I wanted to do, I went ahead and did it. I could probably do a bit more suspension work, but Ohlins ride really nice and will probably get a detail done after this.

Comment

My new project has FINALLY arrived....!!!!

Comment

Curious since I haven't driven any modern M cars - at the price point of the hopped up M2/3/4s what makes you pick them over a 4.0 Cayman or a 981 GT4? Especially as a second car where back seats and a bigger trunk lose value, I feel like there's no way around the Porsche. Although I can admit there's just nothing about new BMWs that "calls out" to me.
                        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post
                          Curious since I haven't driven any modern M cars - at the price point of the hopped up M2/3/4s what makes you pick them over a 4.0 Cayman or a 981 GT4? Especially as a second car where back seats and a bigger trunk lose value, I feel like there's no way around the Porsche. Although I can admit there's just nothing about new BMWs that "calls out" to me.
                          Well, I can say that I've driven the new 718 GT4, and I had a 981 GT4. I don't think the Cayman GTS 4.0 is that special. Exhaust shared between it and it's GT4 sibling just wasn't for me, and the revised shifter and lighter feel made it less sporty compared to the 981 which was heavy as hell. Jumping from that into a modern BMW manual, your foot would feel like you're going to punch through the firewall.

M2 CS, bought sight unseen, feels a bit more retro. I say that because I had a F97 X3M and the tech felt very modern and stepping back to pick up the CS felt like I just stepped back in time a few years. Not to say its at all a bad thing, jsut something that I had to wrap my head around. But like the GT4 of yore, I bought it because of the driver engagement and joy of rowing my own gears. Yes it has heated seats, navigation and all the tech you can ask for in a modern car (minus comfort access...wtf BMW), I still think it is special, and being a limited build, I think it'll be appreciated more than a GTS 4.0. I'd like to revisit a 981 GT4 again in the future, who knows. I think I had one of the sexiest exhaust setups that money could buy at the time....TPC link pipes, GT3 Akra Ti exhaust, with Cargraphics catless headers, and it screamed to redline. I don't think anyone has gotten that setup as far as I am aware.

So yeah, that kinda sums up my particular decision. 718 isn't special, to me, and the CS, is. If I went back to Porsche, it'd be a 991.2 GT3. Softer manual, but I'd rather that particular 4.0 than the 718's.

Comment

siblings first meet

Comment

What a stable. X3M, M2 CS and E46. Are you hiding anything else?

My wife also has a G01 but the baby M. Great platform. Some days I want to mod it but saving all the mods for the e46 馃檭
                              2002 Jet Black 路 6MT 路 Cinnamon 路 CSL Tribute

Engine 路 Karbonius CSL Airbox 路 CSL DME 路 Kassel MAP 路 Paul Claude Tuned
                              Exhaust 路 SS Stepped V1 路 SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 路 SS Sport Sec 3
                              Suspension 路 JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers 路 GC Weight Jackers 路 SDW RTAB 路 Corner balanced
                              Wheels/Brakes 路 BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" 路 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 路 996 Brembo BBK
                              Exterior 路 Mile End CSL bumper 路 OE CSL trunk 路 Mile End CSL diffuser 路 OE LED taillights
                              Interior 路 Avin Avant 4 路 Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                                What a stable. X3M, M2 CS and E46. Are you hiding anything else?

My wife also has a G01 but the baby M. Great platform. Some days I want to mod it but saving all the mods for the e46 馃檭
                                I don't think you want to see a plane jane Prius so I won't show that. I sold the Duc to my buddy and I still have my F750GS as my daily, though WFH has me putting very few miles on anything the last year now.

Comment

Working...
                                X