5 Mods you loved / 5 Mods you didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
    The stock 3.62 is great. I just upgraded the diff but kept it 3.62– zero regrets.
    What’d you do to your diff?

Comment

Liked
      - Synchro Design Works RTABS
      - 3.91 Gears
      - SSv1s
      - Tckline DAs
      - Dinan Muffler (got rid of the Eissenman Drone)

Disliked
      - Lightweight Flywheel
      - Turner Monoball FCABs (Terrible quality, binded so much)
      - Smoked turn signals and tails
      - "y"- pipe section 2 (Made the exhaust too loud for me and droned, had a nice tone though)
      - Powerflex Poly Diff mounts
      2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
      Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

What’d you do to your diff?
        Wavetrac

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Wavetrac
          I read some good things about Wavetrac . How you like it ? I have 170k on mine and definitely need to rebuild it.

Comment

Originally posted by kermmmit7 View Post
            I read some good things about Wavetrac . How you like it ? I have 170k on mine and definitely need to rebuild it.
            Haven’t had the car on track with it. On the street, feels identical.

It’s silent, which is nice.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
              manual Cloth interior swap, such an underrated interior choice
              4.1's
              V3's till they leak
              stock section 3 following SS bits
              CSL airbox

Dislike:
              GC coilovers
              SS Race sec3; everyone who runs this should be embarrassed
              rep CSL trunk
              V3's when they leak
              Mishimoto radiator

Honorable mention shoutout goes to those fresh headlight lenses
              Absolute facts, it sounds so bad.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
                loved:
                - 996 BBK upgrade - totally changed the aesthetics of the car overnight. stopping power is better, but not otherworldly. the visual update was worth it alone though, esp the 2-piece floating rotor upgrade i did
                - powdercoating my BBS RGRs gloss black, another aesthetic mod that really made me happy
                - exhaust work - i have RE El Diablo, Status Gruppe Section 1, Megan Catless Headers (ceramic coated) and my car sounds amazing. my favorite out the hooptie fleet
                - ground control front & rear sway bars and adjustable endlinks - these changed the way the car handles overnight in the canyons, love em!
                - KWV3 coilovers - best handling set up ive ever owned

HATED:
                - Avin Avant 4 - total headache and poor support from Avin. i bought all the options too...quick way to waste $800
                - Catless headers (without thinking it through). at first, it was WAYYYY too loud with my El Diablo section 3. then i did a second resonator to kill the rasp, it was better. the catless smell over time killed the vibe so i recently bought some high-flow cats for my section 1. never go full catless unless its truly a dedicated track car...otherwise its just not worth it. lesson learned.
                - Vorsteiner full carbon fiber hood. this was installed by the previous owner but the UV finish installed by Vorsteiner is horrendous. its peeling and cracking on all the unpainted parts. seems really low quality (and its authentic)
                - Vorsteiner full carbon fiber rear difussor - again, installed by the previous owner, but this thing has never fit right and always pops out of place. annoying.
                What cats did you end up going with? Im trying to get rid of the catless smell as well.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Probably. My exhaust is not too much louder than stock (modified my stock muffler, think SS sport volume) and I'm extremely pleased with my airbox. It's plenty loud for me and makes a much better noise than what I've managed to get out of the exhaust.

A good condition stock muffler popped up for free a couple months ago on craigslist and I really regret not picking it up. I really want to try the quiet exhaust, loud intake setup.
                  Update: Installed a stock muffler a couple months back and loving it. Highly recommend the quiet exhaust, loud intake setup.
                  2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Update: Installed a stock muffler a couple months back and loving it. Highly recommend the quiet exhaust, loud intake setup.
                    Best thing I ever did

Comment

It's just the best. Make the part of the car that sounds good loud, make the part of the car that sounds bad quiet, in the process enjoy no drone or obnoxious loudness when you're not driving the car hard.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Are there any options to keep the exhaust sound stock or less than stock but cut the weight? The muffler is relatively heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
                          Are there any options to keep the exhaust sound stock or less than stock but cut the weight? The muffler is relatively heavy.
                          Nope.

Muffler volume seems to be directly proportional to muffler weight.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

If you go 2.5" headers back, your overall volume, and pitch, seems to drop. So if you have a full 2.5" system, I wouldn't be as worried about noise from an aftermarket muffler as a bone stock car believe it or not.
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by eXpensiveGears View Post
                              Is the OE CSL muffler lighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

Is the OE CSL muffler lighter?
                                Yes but only by a few lbs. And reasonably louder with a bit of a different tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X