Quietest and best performance exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
    I often wonder if they hadn’t mentioned the left side doesn’t flow, the percentage of owners not ever knowing. Or how long it would take to notice.

i dont think it would have taken long for the E46 considering how obvious it is on a remotely chilly day on cold startup.

they continued the same theme on the E9X platform (2 functional tips, 2 dummy tips) except this time it was the outboard tips on each side that were functional and the inboard ones were just there for looks. they openly talked about the dummy tips then too (done in the name of maximum flow) although there was a better chance of not many people noticing. Dinan has always been pretty transparent about the mods they make for the car. the flack they get on the forums is unjustified if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
      Avusbluem3 Thank you! Cant wait to get this thing mounted. You know you’re getting old when you look forward to reinstalling a factory sec 3 ahah!

Here’s some pics of the oem exhaust with the euro tips. I hope he doesn’t mind me using the pics he sent me originally.
      Hey George, I know what you mean about looking forward to installing the stock exhaust. I went through quite a few aftermarket and wanted to go back to stock but needed to do something about the tips. I couldn't believe how quiet the stock exhaust is. Looking forward to your impressions after it's installed. I did go back to the dark side though

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
        i dont think it would have taken long for the E46 considering how obvious it is on a remotely chilly day on cold startup.
        Well there’s been plenty of next owner cars that have posted in forums not having known their Dinan muffler had those tips bypassed this whole time. Unless it’s a chilly day/you’re behind it, chances are you’re overlooking it’s bypassed.
        But yeah I know the info would have come out. So naturally they disclose, not trying to hide it. In fact promoting it gives better flow not bending around in more piping/chambers.

Don’t get me wrong I have always posted this would bother me. I think Dinan lost some buyer because of this. I think the bypass of inside tips to use outside like E9x much more accepted. I did not know about Dinan E9x design, thanks for sharing.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
          Well there’s been plenty of next owner cars that have posted in forums not having known their Dinan muffler had those tips bypassed this whole time. Unless it’s a chilly day/you’re behind it, chances are you’re overlooking it’s bypassed.
          But yeah I know the info would have come out. So naturally they disclose, not trying to hide it. In fact promoting it gives better flow not bending around in more piping/chambers.

Don’t get me wrong I have always posted this would bother me. I think Dinan lost some buyer because of this. I think the bypass of inside tips to use outside like E9x much more accepted. I did not know about Dinan E9x design, thanks for sharing.
          Solution is simple:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	92462
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Too many options available to pick an expensive muffler with fake tips. “Maximum flow”

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
              Too many options available to pick an expensive muffler with fake tips. “Maximum flow”
              Yup. While i think it sounds good, dummy tips is just lazy engineering/cost cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Volume and weight.

Sport is ~15 lbs less than stock and similar volume to the Dinan/Scorza. But, unlike them, it does drone (street does not drone).

Street is ~2 lbs less than stock, and ~stock volume (though with improved tone).
                My Dinan droned when I had it. Mated with SS V1, SS catted section 1, and SS resonated section 2. Sold it and went to stock, which has stayed on the car some 11yrs later

Comment

The Dinan muffler has 2.5 inch piping all the way through which is why it is known as one of the best flowing mufflers. I spoke to Hassan from HTE tuning a while ago over Instagram and he said that the Dinan muffler has shown good results.
                  2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag Plates - SSv1- SS Dual 2.5" Sec.2 - SS (Hamann) Street Sec.3 - 3.91 Gears - BBS E88s - 996 Brembo - PSMax - SDW Monoball - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus CSL - Karbonius - HTE Tuning - AEM 50-1200

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                  Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

Is that the SG muffler that looks like two large resonators? Not the SCZA? I have that one too, maybe it's my oversized catless headers but with section 1 rasp pipes it drones like crazy below 3k. But it sounds amazing flat out.
                    Yep the OG dual can ones with the burnt titanium csl tips. SG rasp eliminator.

stock headers (don’t want to choke on exhaust fumes as I have a vert) and stock h pipe (x pipes sound like shit and lose power)

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post

The Dinan muffler has 2.5 inch piping all the way through which is why it is known as one of the best flowing mufflers. I spoke to Hassan from HTE tuning a while ago over Instagram and he said that the Dinan muffler has shown good results.
                      Hmmm. I wonder how an oversized Supersprint headers, sec 1, dual section 2 and a dinan muffler would flow when paired together. With the right mods to support it such as csl intake, cams, etc.

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder how an oversized Supersprint headers, sec 1, dual section 2 and a dinan muffler would flow when paired together. With the right mods to support it such as csl intake, cams, etc.
                        Supersprint will make any of their mufflers in 2.5”

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post

On a muffler tho? I can’t imagine a dinan muffler (even with 2.5 piping) making any gains over another muffler (even stock). Unless there’s a reputable before/after dyno test from supersprint etc to dinan showing gains I haven’t seen
                          Last edited by Toby22; 03-21-2021, 01:29 PM.

Comment

On a muffler tho? I can’t imagine a dinan muffler (even with 2.5 piping) making any gains over another muffler (even stock). Unless there’s a reputable before/after dyno test from supersprint etc to dinan showing gains I haven’t seen
                            This would be good for someone who's trying to squeeze every last bit of NA power out of an S54.

Comment

This would be good for someone who's trying to squeeze every last bit of NA power out of an S54.
                              But are there factual data to prove Dinan with dummy tips shows gains over other reputable mufflers like a Supersprint

Comment

But are there factual data to prove Dinan with dummy tips shows gains over other reputable mufflers like a Supersprint
                                I’d personally very much like to see a normal SS vs 2.5” SS vs Dinan, on a full bolt on car, dyno comparison. The Dinan design is compelling enough that I’m interested to see if it bears fruit.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                                X