Interest in: 1:1 CSL 1 Piece Forged Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I believe the VMR V703s are 14.5 kg / 32 lbs + in 19x9.5 depending on offsets?

At 1600kg load rating, it was about the same weight as the OEM flow formed rear wheels which are 19x9.5J ET27 at roughly 11.x kgs / 25.x lbs from looking up online. I need to actually weigh it to validate.

I'd like a 1800kg load rating to be bend-proof on the streets considering these are commissioned to specs per build. There won't be off-the-shelf inventory as most have their own fitment goals without spacers.​

See below for the 19x10J ET15 render. This wasn't the final one as a few corrections needed to be done and some features were missing.

Click image for larger version Name:	163M-19x10-003.jpg Views:	6 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	229909
    That looks great!

Comment

I believe the VMR V703s are 14.5 kg / 32 lbs + in 19x9.5 depending on offsets?

At 1600kg load rating, it was about the same weight as the OEM flow formed rear wheels which are 19x9.5J ET27 at roughly 11.x kgs / 25.x lbs from looking up online. I need to actually weigh it to validate.

I'd like a 1800kg load rating to be bend-proof on the streets considering these are commissioned to specs per build. There won't be off-the-shelf inventory as most have their own fitment goals without spacers.​

See below for the 19x10J ET15 render. This wasn't the final one as a few corrections needed to be done and some features were missing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	163M-19x10-003.jpg Views:	6 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	229909
      Do I take from these renders that there won't be an inset for a certain rectangular emblem should one choose to affix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
      Build Thread:
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post

Do I take from these renders that there won't be an inset for a certain rectangular emblem should one choose to affix it?

There will be, it was in the list of revisions issued prior to getting the prototype sets machined.

You'll find a few other key features missing - notably a simple hole for the valve stems, AH!

Comment

There will be, it was in the list of revisions issued prior to getting the prototype sets machined.

You'll find a few other key features missing - notably a simple hole for the valve stems, AH!
          Hahaha I'd missed that - that's awesome thanks!

Build Thread:

Comment

Well, it may have taken over 2 years, closing in on 3 years when these will be available for purchase.

They need to get sandblasted, tested for runout, treated - then we'll do a final weight check.

I need to finalize a few certifications, the Hypersilver paint, final fitments, calculate final costs, yadadadada - but they're real, they exist. The standard flat face profile is being cut next.

Click image for larger version  Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 9.09.12 PM.jpg Views:	2 Size:	151.7 KB ID:	244441
            Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-04-2023, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Well, it may have taken over 2 years, closing in on 3 years when these will be available for purchase.

I need to get these in hand, finalize a few certifications, Hypersilver paint, test fitment, yadadadada - but they're real, they exist. The standard flat face profile is being cut next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 9.09.12 PM.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	244441

Very cool - do you have any further info regarding weight at this point (beyond what's mentioned above)

Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
                Very cool - do you have any further info regarding weight at this point (beyond what's mentioned above)
                After the post-machining processes are completed, I will have weight before it ships.

Comment

seems like a set runs 3k. is there a chance they go for less?
                  2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                  2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                  2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                    seems like a set runs 3k. is there a chance they go for less?
                    From current numbers, the sets that are powdercoated could be less during the launch group buys with standard specs and imported in bulk.

Most expensive sets will be those that are painted locally to achieve Dekra Silver or Hypersilver from the M359s.
                    Last edited by Epoustouflant; 12-05-2023, 03:07 AM.

Comment

From current numbers, the sets that are powdercoated could be less during the launch group buys with standard specs and imported in bulk.

Most expensive sets will be those that are painted locally to achieve Dekra Silver or Hypersilver from the M359s.
                      I would be interested in a matte black set for my PY. when do you think will be a launch GB?
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

I would be interested in a matte black set for my PY. when do you think will be a launch GB?
                        January is becoming very realistic if it all checks out with the prototype set!

Comment

I may bypass the BBS CH's when these are released, $3,000 isn't a bad price at all especially with the convex faces. Patiently waiting.

Comment

I didn’t say it was a bad price. I simply wanted to know if they can be had for less as I just don’t want to sink more money into my car but may consider them over VMRs
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

In my opinion, obviously size-dependant, but anything under $1k retail per wheel for a 1-piece forged wheel that is good quality without having crazy optimization is a pretty good deal.

Granted a lot can still be made about quality/etc, but even though a lot of forged wheels have good margins, around $3k is a good retail price for a low volume wheel run.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd pay 3k for a set in 18 inches.

I already have a square rear OE CSL setup.

For comparison, 3k is about half the price of a Forgeline setup.
                                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                                2005 BMW ///M3
                                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X