No announcement yet.

ugaexploder's 2004 SG/IR - 1st e46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There hasn't been too much to report since it's been a waiting game for me. The car probably would have been ready by now if I would have stayed with the OE bumper, but decided to get on gt4's list. While I was on the waiting list, I was able to find one locally so I decided to go that route. I should have probably just stayed on the list since the local one was a fiberglass version. Regardless, I got a pretty decent deal on it. I just felt bad for backing out on the waiting list for an MEC bumper through gt4 more than anything.

The pictures below are when the bumper was on the seller's car. His car is also SG, but I am still having the front bumper prepped to be painted again to match the car. I was definitely a bit bummed when I found out it was the fiberglass version, but it still seems to be well made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	front2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	268893

Name:	rear2.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	268899
    Attached Files
    /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

I should have taken some pictures last time I was at the body shop (~3 weeks ago), but left my phone in the car. They've bonded the roof, and the car is prepped for paint...I think it should be ready within the next 2-3 weeks.

Once I get the car from them, I have to fix the window tint on the rear glass while everything is still out and then put the interior back in. I've been pretty bored waiting on the car to get painted, so I've been ordering some parts I've wanted like new axles, water pump, fuel pump, etc.

The best/worst part about doing all this, is trying to find space to store parts.

Name:	axles.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	268902

Comment

I was able to secure one of those bendy tubes for the CSL intake. I absolutely hate myself for how much I spent on it...but that's just a common theme at this point with this car 😂

Name:	CSL intake tubes.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	269809
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
          I was able to secure one of those bendy tubes for the CSL intake. I absolutely hate myself for how much I spent on it...but that's just a common theme at this point with this car 😂

I feel you, but great call securing these parts given you have the CSL bumper!
          2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
          Build Thread:
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by karter16 View Post
            I feel you, but great call securing these parts given you have the CSL bumper!
            The funny part about owning this car, is that I thought I had some idea of what I was getting in to…boy was I wrong. Now I’m in a spiral of the sunk-cost fallacy or whatever. I’m all in baby!!

Comment

Nice car!

Comment

I tried ordering both of the roof liners from FCP last year but they couldn't get the smaller one for some reason. Just ordered through ECS not really expecting much and they were able to have one delivered pretty quickly. I've asked about this on the forums for those who have done the CF roof conversion and seemed like not many people used it? Looking through robgill's epic build, I recall seeing a photo with his headliner off having these liners installed.

Regardless, having driven through bad thunderstorms and sometimes even hailstorms, I don't want my roof sounding like a bad rendition of "Stomp." I figured I'd take measurements though for those who may want to go with dynamat or some sort of liner other than OE if they wanted to cut it up like part numbers 514882299734 and 51488229733. I may still just end up using some dynamat and dynaliner to really provide some sound insulation. Although, the concern is adding back some weight that I've taken off the top. Anyhow, I am going with some sort of liner on the CF roof, I know this 100%. Not always sunny in GA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	littleLiner1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	215.2 KB ID:	27003251488229733 Click image for larger version  Name:	bigLiner1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	311.1 KB ID:	270042 Click image for larger version

Name:	linerSketch.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	270192
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ugaexploder; 06-30-2024, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I was able to get that smaller piece from FCP a couple months ago.
                  2003.5 E46 M3 Silver Grey/Cinnamon

MCS - Vorshlag - GC - Supersprint - BBS - Brembo - Dinan - PSMax - SDW - VinceBar - DMG - Haimus - Karbonius - AEM

http://www.instagram.com/sid_e46/
                  Journal: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...grey-speed-run

Comment

Originally posted by Sid_E46 View Post
                    I was able to get that smaller piece from FCP a couple months ago.
                    Yeah, this was like last year some time, figured I'd just go a different route this time around. May end up not even using the pieces...keep wanting to do dynamat with 1/2" dynaliner...

Comment

Went ahead and ordered the Audiotec Fischer Match UP8BMW amplifier for hi-fi 676 systems. Information is scattered across forums, but it seems like this is a popular choice with many different platforms with the hi-fi audio system. I thought about buying a G01 amplifier and testing it out in our cars, and just figured it would be a waste of money if all of those folks are going to the Match amplifier.

The only thing that worries me about this amplifier is the sound setup. If you go to their website, it doesn't even have an option for the UP8BMW...and those sound setups are sort of vague with categories of Gran Touring, SUV, Limousine, etc. I had a stateside rep contact me after I made a website inquiry and he told me I should use the UP8DSP sound file. I might just plug it up and see how it sounds, and if there's any clipping I might mess with the setup...the problem with the sound setup which the rep also voiced is that they start to matter less when the variables change (head unit, speakers) between customer cars.

This may end up being a bad idea...but it seems like most people who installed these love it. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see. Funny thing is, I barely ever listen to music when I drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
                        Went ahead and ordered the Audiotec Fischer Match UP8BMW amplifier for hi-fi 676 systems. Information is scattered across forums, but it seems like this is a popular choice with many different platforms with the hi-fi audio system. I thought about buying a G01 amplifier and testing it out in our cars, and just figured it would be a waste of money if all of those folks are going to the Match amplifier.

The only thing that worries me about this amplifier is the sound setup. If you go to their website, it doesn't even have an option for the UP8BMW...and those sound setups are sort of vague with categories of Gran Touring, SUV, Limousine, etc. I had a stateside rep contact me after I made a website inquiry and he told me I should use the UP8DSP sound file. I might just plug it up and see how it sounds, and if there's any clipping I might mess with the setup...the problem with the sound setup which the rep also voiced is that they start to matter less when the variables change (head unit, speakers) between customer cars.

This may end up being a bad idea...but it seems like most people who installed these love it. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see. Funny thing is, I barely ever listen to music when I drive.
                        Nice, im sure it'll be good once you have it tuned right. Wish someone did an amp upgrade for the HK equipped cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Nice, im sure it'll be good once you have it tuned right. Wish someone did an amp upgrade for the HK equipped cars.
                          You would think someone would try to come out with a solution for it by now. Sounds like it may have to be a full blown stereo install 😬

Comment

Was finally able to pick up the car today, I'm pretty happy with the results and look forward to getting the interior back in. Headlights aren't working right now, I put in the Lightwerkz xenon retrofits, but also deleted headlight washers, and fogs with the CSL rep bumper. I'm not sure what is causing the headlights to not turn on, or if its due to auto-leveling, but I'll have to dig into this unless someone knows what's happening. Anyway, here are some pics of the car for now. Still a lot of stuff left to do. The low washer fluid light is constantly on as well even after filling up with more fluid. No leaks from what I can tell hours after I filled it up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	front1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	289.2 KB ID:	279329 Click image for larger version  Name:	frontQuarter2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	279330 Click image for larger version  Name:	frontQuarter1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	306.5 KB ID:	279331 Click image for larger version  Name:	front2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.0 KB ID:	279332 Click image for larger version  Name:	frontQuarter3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	229.2 KB ID:	279335 Click image for larger version  Name:	trunk1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	279333 Click image for larger version  Name:	roof1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.1 KB ID:	279334
                            Last edited by ugaexploder; 09-20-2024, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Looks great. Hopefully you can get those headlights working soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                                Looks great. Hopefully you can get those headlights working soon.
                                thanks man, this car is definitely doing its best to push my buttons, but hopefully I can right the ship soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X