MSS54HP DME is not accepting the full bin file for CSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSS54HP DME is not accepting the full bin file for CSL

i have a full Bin file im trying to flash. Using MSSFlash it wont take the Flash prg. its a CSL full bin file

Error is "Bad response from ECU 1204b0a6"
    any ideas ?

Did you virginize using MSSFlasher prior to flashing?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't just flash a CSL full bin over an HP bin, the boot sectors are different and can't be accesed via the OBD port. You have to either flash the EEPROMs directly via BDM (or desolder and use a chip programmer) or you can flash a modified CSL bin that will run on the HP bootloader.

Here's the modified one terra made: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...asher-csl-tune
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

No I did not virginize at all. I was told never to do that.

thanks for the link, I’ll DL that now

Comment

ok tried that terra file, no go, same response "bad response from ECU"

Comment

Ok so it seems something in the ECU is FUBAR cause it won’t even take the original read of the full binary.

do I need to virginize this thing?

Comment

I literally just went through this. What seemed to work was let everything go to sleep. Lock the car and close everything. Walk away for 15 minutes. Come back, make sure have over 13.5 volts with a maintainer, and flash the prg immediately. It took two days for me to get this to work. I used Hassan's partial after overwrite so it was a Terra flash and then immediately a Hassan flash. It wasn't anything I was doing and it probably isn't anything you're doing.

I'm glad and not glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I didn't virginize my DME. I didn't clear the flashes either, which wouldn't help anyways.
              Last edited by Arith2; 02-18-2021, 03:14 PM.
              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Thanks for the advice but so far nothing has worked, not the terra file fix, or any other suggestion. Seems I have an issue with the software, possibly the DME might be bricked. Sending it to a friend to see if it can be made to work on a bench system.

Comment

If you can flash bin files it isn't bricked. That's how I knew my DME was fine. I could flash tunes and full bins but no prg.
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

well my friend with his bench tester, just said its likely bricked,, wont connect in with WINKPF or anything else(INPA).. anyone know of anyone that can unbrick this thing?

Comment

You should be able to recover it via BDM: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/s...ech-galletto-4
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

It's a late post, but I'll leave it as a note to help future people.

I had the same problem, but I was able to solve it.

In my case, the error occurred when the DME versions of prg file (Full Binary) and tune file (file) did not match.

I was able to resolve this issue by flushing the tune file that matched the prg file.

Two years ago, I didn't know how to use Mssflasher and accidentally executed Virginiaz.

In a hurry, without understanding anything, I flashed the CSL Full Bin, which can be downloaded from the Mssflasher site.

At that time, the error occurred when I tried to flush the Full Bin again.

So I tried flashing the CSL tune file that can be downloaded from the Mss Flasher site and the error was resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                          I literally just went through this. What seemed to work was let everything go to sleep. Lock the car and close everything. Walk away for 15 minutes. Come back, make sure have over 13.5 volts with a maintainer, and flash the prg immediately. It took two days for me to get this to work. I used Hassan's partial after overwrite so it was a Terra flash and then immediately a Hassan flash. It wasn't anything I was doing and it probably isn't anything you're doing.

I'm glad and not glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I didn't virginize my DME. I didn't clear the flashes either, which wouldn't help anyways.
                          This just happened to me as well and I'm on a 2500 csl bootrom. This isn't my first time flash either.

The prg flash completed successfully then I went to cycle the key and everything tied to the dme completely started freaking out like the whole ecu corrupted. MSSflasher can't id the ecu anymore. F
                          2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Might need to try boot mode with a benchtop harness:

Hello guys! I recently had a thread started of trying to troubleshoot the current state of my DME which was confirmed to be bricked from a mishap with MSSFLASHER. In the course of this thread, Terra mentioned that I can my particular error by grounding pin 37 on the master and slave of the EEPROM. I was also in contact with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
                              Might need to try boot mode with a benchtop harness:

Hello guys! I recently had a thread started of trying to troubleshoot the current state of my DME which was confirmed to be bricked from a mishap with MSSFLASHER. In the course of this thread, Terra mentioned that I can my particular error by grounding pin 37 on the master and slave of the EEPROM. I was also in contact with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Hmm... luckily I have that flash harness and a power supply. Where do I ground pin 32 on each eeprom?
                              2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
                              2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
                              X