No announcement yet.

MSS5x Binary Modification Tool Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat protection on if you have cats and care about them.
    Cat protection off if you don't have cats or don't care if you melt your cats.
    If you don't have cats the car will stink regardless of tune.

If you don't have an EGT sensor installed and functioning you might as well disable cat protection as it's not going to do shit if it can't tell what temp the cats are

Comment

I have cats that I care about (deeply) as well as a functioning EGT sensor, thanks Martyn!
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
        I have cats that I care about (deeply) as well as a functioning EGT sensor, thanks Martyn!
        Lmfaoooo

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

If you delete the error code without actually turning it off in the tune, it'll read as ready after your first cold start
          After I clear the code... and perform the next cold start... will the state be ready and the CEL stay off forever, or will the CEL eventually come back and turn the state back to "not ready"?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hey Guys,

So I've been fighting with this Secindary Air Pump and I'm not sure how to get this readied up for emissions. I've allowed the cold start and the DTCs to show (I've deleted my SAP), as Terra said to let the check engine light show, then delete, and I should be good.

I'm finding that when the CEL comes on, the SAP reads ready, but when I delete it, all DTCs go back to non complete (all tests are reset). I've included pics to illustrate the situation. So the CEL is on now, what should I do?

Thank,
              Kareem
              Attached Files

Comment

Bueller? lol

I need of some help, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
                  Hey Guys,

So I've been fighting with this Secindary Air Pump and I'm not sure how to get this readied up for emissions. I've allowed the cold start and the DTCs to show (I've deleted my SAP), as Terra said to let the check engine light show, then delete, and I should be good.

I'm finding that when the CEL comes on, the SAP reads ready, but when I delete it, all DTCs go back to non complete (all tests are reset). I've included pics to illustrate the situation. So the CEL is on now, what should I do?

Thank,
                  Kareem
                  I was able to get mine to show as ready - I'll pull my config this weekend and let you know.

EDIT: I was able to check and I flashed cold start enabled but with the SAP DTCs turned off (I never let the CEL show) and my monitor is ready
                  Last edited by Amalgam; 07-04-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Martyn I noticed a small bug with the latest download - the temperature window for the warm-up lights is missing. I was using version 1.3 previously and I could see the slider values in Celsius

Comment

They are visible on all of my test VMs and workstations buddy.

Comment

Looking into this for the first time, does this allow setting all I/M monitors to ready?

Comment

how can i get new license to put on new computer have old license number but it just says wrong computer

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb View Post
                            how can i get new license to put on new computer have old license number but it just says wrong computer
                            Same here, I need to install it on a W10 laptop not that my old W7 laptop finally gave out.

I emailed Martyn a little over a week ago and haven’t gotten a reply yet
                            Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Shoot me another email, I get pretty snowed down when I’m super busy so things slip through the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                                Shoot me another email, I get pretty snowed down when I’m super busy so things slip through the net.
                                thanks Martyn. applied the license you sent me this morning, keep up the great customer service.
                                Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Working...
                                X