Andy2424, what's a BM54? lol!!
    head unit, they say in English.

In German radio 😂
    Attached Files

Comment

The label shows BM 53.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
        Guys, not to pile on the current BlueBus issue, and this has probably been touched on before. With the BlueBus installed and working perfectly ( which I love!), the a/c will suddenly shut off. Both the fan and compressor go down at the same time, and restarting only lasts for a few seconds. Seems to be somehow dependent on the blower fan speed. I'll include a note of explanation when it's my turn to return the unit for the fix.
        Hmm. What year is the car? I have some pre-LCI non-M (2) users reporting that the IHKA goes to blower minimum at random.

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

you have a BM54?
        The "4" variants of the radios are EU only as they support TMC and Traffic Program, which the rest of the world doesn't use
        Oddly, the "4" variants are also the only ones that build menus on the Nav UI for things like CDs and FM presets. Not sure why that wasn't incorporated into the BM53.

Thanks!
        -Ted

Comment

Ted, the car is a 2003 vert SMG that was built October 2002. When the A/C craps out, the blower goes full off, as does the compressor.

Comment

So I noticed the cluster would stay on after locking the car with the previous version and led to killing my battery. Oh well version 1114 fixed that as far as I can see and I needed a new battery sooner or later.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaTree View Post
              Ted, the car is a 2003 vert SMG that was built October 2002. When the A/C craps out, the blower goes full off, as does the compressor.
              Ted, I also noticed some weird AC behavior after I installed the BlueBus, but it was only on one trip and I don't recall the details. I think the AC turned off or lowered the fan speed on its own. I don't drive the car much right now so I don't have a lot of miles with the BlueBus. My production date is 6/02.

Comment

Hmm my car's production date is 04/02 and I've seen that same AC behavior ever since I bought it. Every once in a while, the AC will completely shut off (display, button LEDs, fan, and compressor all switch off) for a second or so and then come back on. I installed some eBay bluetooth adapter (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-M...kAAOSw73Nan5EB) right after I got the car and recently swapped it out for a BlueBus. Behavior is exactly the same with both. I always assumed that my AC panel was starting to fail, but maybe it actually has to do with having something in place of the CD changer?
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                  Hmm my car's production date is 04/02 and I've seen that same AC behavior ever since I bought it. Every once in a while, the AC will completely shut off (display, button LEDs, fan, and compressor all switch off) for a second or so and then come back on. I installed some eBay bluetooth adapter (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-M...kAAOSw73Nan5EB) right after I got the car and recently swapped it out for a BlueBus. Behavior is exactly the same with both. I always assumed that my AC panel was starting to fail, but maybe it actually has to do with having something in place of the CD changer?
                  I don’t have the blue bus (YET, can’t wait though!) or any other Bluetooth/aux input and my A/C does what you describe. The issue seems random and not very common as I drive with my windows down a lot of the time when the temps are warm enough, even when it’s hot and steamy here in the Iowa most days. Unless you feel it’s directly related to the Bluebus. That’s for another new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruley View Post

I don’t have the blue bus (YET, can’t wait though!) or any other Bluetooth/aux input and my A/C does what you describe. The issue seems random and not very common as I drive with my windows down a lot of the time when the temps are warm enough, even when it’s hot and steamy here in the Iowa most days. Unless you feel it’s directly related to the Bluebus. That’s for another new thread.
                    Cool. Yeah I hadn't assumed it was related to the BlueBus until other people in this thread started reporting similar issues.
                    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      I can also confirm that since BlueBus installation, a/c has started shutting down intermittently. No codes in the IHKA module...12/01 build vert.
                      Last edited by m1ch@&l; 07-16-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,

Those of you having IHKA issues -- are you using the blinker feature? Does the IHKA shutting down correlate to using the turn signals at all?

It appears to be limited to pre-LCI E46s...

Thanks!
                        -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                          Hey guys,

Those of you having IHKA issues -- are you using the blinker feature? Does the IHKA shutting down correlate to using the turn signals at all?

Thanks!
                          -Ted
                          I didn't try to activate the blinker feature on the BlueBus, so my answer is "no" unless that feature is turned on by default.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks!
                            -Ted
                            Yes, am using the blinker feature...

Comment

I have a 2005 E46, and have suffered none of the aforementioned issues. Still running v1.11, have blinkers activated. This supports your thinking of pre-LCI susceptibility.
                              '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Hmm. What year is the car? I have some pre-LCI non-M (2) users reporting that the IHKA goes to blower minimum at random.

The "4" variants of the radios are EU only as they support TMC and Traffic Program, which the rest of the world doesn't use
                                Oddly, the "4" variants are also the only ones that build menus on the Nav UI for things like CDs and FM presets. Not sure why that wasn't incorporated into the BM53.

Thanks!
                                -Ted
                                Hello Ted, years ago I always had the same problem with a Grom module and only with a BM54 made by Becker. There were also some from Philips, it always worked with them. The problem was only with the BM, with the CD there were never any problems, such as suspending the IHAKA ...
                                ##This is a bus problem
                                Last edited by Andy2424; 07-16-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X