No announcement yet.

BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try raising the call volume and report back. All the other hardware in the car has been the same.

Comment

t3ddftw
      Been searching first but no dice. Is anyone running BlueBus with an E46 Professional CD54 (BMW Pn: 65 12 6 924 732​) headunit? Was thinking of sourcing one for the better MID but they are pretty rare, especially in the US.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34f04186481ba3326d0238f12d62.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	243384
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jvit27; 11-24-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

I've thought about swapping to one of those too. Seems like you could do some cool stuff with them
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

is this compatible with a car with factory nav?

Comment

Originally posted by jvit27 View Post
            t3ddftw
            Been searching first but no dice. Is anyone running BlueBus with an E46 Professional CD54 (BMW Pn: 65 12 6 924 732​) headunit? Was thinking of sourcing one for the better MID but they are pretty rare, especially in the US.

I am. I found mine on UK eBay but the seller wouldn’t ship it to a US address so I had it sent to Baris at carphonics for an amp upgrade + shipping to US. Unfortunately the pixels on my display are spotty and is apparently a common issue on the CD54 with no fix available.

Comment

Ted how are the plans for the CarPlay unit coming along? Willing to test it too LOL

Comment

I am super interested in the Carplay thing too for my M5. Held off on the other solution for now because I don’t totally like the touch screen — rather control it with the right knob like the Mazda rotary system. Plug and play plus using the commonly available carlinkit adapter is great as well.

Comment

t3ddftw

Hi, I have a CD54 on the Bluebus, but it doesn't work well. The controls are not stable and you have to press the buttons twice. I haven't gotten the phone right in 2 years. I would not do it. A simple dongle is better on the CD54...

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	243477

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                    Ted how are the plans for the CarPlay unit coming along? Willing to test it too LOL
                    carplay?!?! tell me more!!!!

Comment

t3ddftw

Click image for larger version  Name:	34f04186481ba3326d0238f12d62.jpg Views:	62 Size:	182.9 KB ID:	243384
                      Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                      I've thought about swapping to one of those too. Seems like you could do some cool stuff with them
                      Don't do it -- it's a downgrade. Even though there is more screen real estate, there are no additional """APIs""" for writing to the other portions of the screen. Instead, for consistency, they only allow 11 characters to be written to the screen at a time, just like the CD53.

Originally posted by Andy2424 View Post

Hi, I have a CD54 on the Bluebus, but it doesn't work well. The controls are not stable and you have to press the buttons twice. I haven't gotten the phone right in 2 years. I would not do it. A simple dongle is better on the CD54...

Have you tried toggling R/T on the steering wheel to see if things improve? I think you'll find that they will.

Originally posted by 4getr34 View Post
                      is this compatible with a car with factory nav?
                      The BlueBus works well with factory Nav cars

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                      Still in the planning phase!

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
                      I am super interested in the Carplay thing too for my M5. Held off on the other solution for now because I don’t totally like the touch screen — rather control it with the right knob like the Mazda rotary system. Plug and play plus using the commonly available carlinkit adapter is great as well.
                      Originally posted by sev View Post

carplay?!?! tell me more!!!!
                      The plan is to wrap a Raspberry Pi (Probably a compute module Lite) around a bespoke PCB with many of the same components as the BlueBus (for audio and I/O), with the addition of video ICs and a generic input for a backup camera. The CarLinkit dongle will push carplay to the RPi, which will then be output to an HDMI to TTL IC, then an RGB DAC.

The unit will then switch video inputs from the factory Nav to the RPI output whenever you decide to go into CarPlay/Android Auto.

It will also implement the same factory menus and features as the BlueBus.

-Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post
                        Don't do it -- it's a downgrade. Even though there is more screen real estate, there are no additional """APIs""" for writing to the other portions of the screen. Instead, for consistency, they only allow 11 characters to be written to the screen at a time, just like the CD53.
                        That's good to know. I'll stick to my CD53 then

The plan is to wrap a Raspberry Pi (Probably a compute module Lite) around a bespoke PCB with many of the same components as the BlueBus (for audio and I/O), with the addition of video ICs and a generic input for a backup camera. The CarLinkit dongle will push carplay to the RPi, which will then be output to an HDMI to TTL IC, then an RGB DAC.
                        The unit will then switch video inputs from the factory Nav to the RPI output whenever you decide to go into CarPlay/Android Auto.

-Ted
                        That sounds awesome. Excited to hear more about it when you have it more fleshed out.
                        Last edited by heinzboehmer; 11-26-2023, 11:49 AM.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Don't do it -- it's a downgrade.
                          Besides the screen not being an upgrade, I am curious, what else makes the CD54 a downgrade?

Comment

can you link a DIY on how to install this unit for cars with nav option?

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

Besides the screen not being an upgrade, I am curious, what else makes the CD54 a downgrade?
                              It's less straight forward to use because it adheres more closely to the "R/T" (Radio / Telephone) principle. It makes the UI more difficult to use sometimes.

Originally posted by 4getr34 View Post
                              can you link a DIY on how to install this unit for cars with nav option?
                              It's exactly the same as the non-Nav as the pre-wiring is in the same location

Thanks!
                              -Ted

Comment

Have you tried toggling R/T on the steering wheel to see if things improve? I think you'll find that they will.

The BlueBus works well with factory Nav cars

Still in the planning phase!

-Ted
                                TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X