BlueBus: A fully integrated A2DP Bluetooth solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post
    any progress on phone-mic/audio volume for CD53?
    Since .15, you're allowed to change the volume for a call on the CD53, but there's still not handling for turning down the volume once the call has ended. All in good time 🙂

Comment

Nevermind, I forgot I had already replied

Comment

Hi Ted,

Unsure if its a limitation of how you're writing to the E46 Business CD screen, but its annoying that to either skip the track on the head unit or to change to fm, etc I have to press the button twice quickly, as the screen overwrites very fast. Like say I click next on the screen, it will change to CD 01-01 and then I have to press it again for it to do the action. Haven't seen anyone show the same issue so unsure if its to do with my specific set up.

Thanks again for all the great help and work! Think I can speak on behalf of everyone here to say we are all very thankful and happy!

Comment

Originally posted by calmelb View Post
          Hi Ted,

Unsure if its a limitation of how you're writing to the E46 Business CD screen, but its annoying that to either skip the track on the head unit or to change to fm, etc I have to press the button twice quickly, as the screen overwrites very fast. Like say I click next on the screen, it will change to CD 01-01 and then I have to press it again for it to do the action. Haven't seen anyone show the same issue so unsure if its to do with my specific set up.

Thanks again for all the great help and work! Think I can speak on behalf of everyone here to say we are all very thankful and happy!
          You have a CD43 (Blaupunkt-made), so unfortunately this is the best it can be . If you retrofit a CD53 (Alpine-made), you won't have this issue anymore.

The CD43 uses the first press to clear the display and the second to actually perform the CD Changer action, while the CD53 does both in one press.

Thanks!
          -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by t3ddftw View Post

You have a CD43 (Blaupunkt-made), so unfortunately this is the best it can be . If you retrofit a CD53 (Alpine-made), you won't have this issue anymore.

The CD43 uses the first press to clear the display and the second to actually perform the CD Changer action, while the CD53 does both in one press.

Thanks!
            -Ted
            Ah the age of my car strikes again! Upgrading requires getting a new radio amplifier too right? And unsure how the Tel Speaker works but given mine is run direct from the bluebus to the speaker (as we found out!) would it still work fine?

Comment

Ah the age of my car strikes again! Upgrading requires getting a new radio amplifier too right? And unsure how the Tel Speaker works but given mine is run direct from the bluebus to the speaker (as we found out!) would it still work fine?
              Sadly, these CD43s were only equipped until MY 2000 or so . You don't need a new amplifier, just an antenna adapter. The TEL speaker would be unaffected by this change

Thanks!
              -Ted

Comment

I have been using my bluebus for about a month now. What an amazing product. Installation was extremely easy. Thanks Ted!!!

Comment

Since .15, you're allowed to change the volume for a call on the CD53, but there's still not handling for turning down the volume once the call has ended. All in good time 🙂
                  wasn't aware that .15 resolved the volume issue. that has worked for me tremendously. thank you. i do notice that when volume gets high, i hear alternator whine so i'll try the interesting "the way you plug it in" approach.

from an install perspective, i could not figure out how to mount it in my trunk. i ended up with the below setup. i actually don't mind it as it gives me easy access to it. i think i've only see one person share their install approach, but if others could that would be great.

t3ddftw i noticed when i did the upgrade, the software kept on freezing on my laptop. the update itself took about 30-40 minutes. fwiw, it's 2020 Dell XPS and i was using a USB-C to USB-A adapter and then a standard USB-A to micro-usb cable. it's almost as if the reading back and forth was tremendously slow. was i supposed to change any communication settings. i'll see what github says. maybe i missed something.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200921_102111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	57879 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200921_102109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	57880
                  Last edited by MarcoPolo; 09-24-2020, 11:44 AM.
                  '06 Carbon Black
                  Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

wasn't aware that .15 resolved the volume issue. that has worked for me tremendously. thank you. i do notice that when volume gets high, i hear alternator whine so i'll try the interesting "the way you plug it in" approach.

from an install perspective, i could not figure out how to mount it in my trunk. i ended up with the below setup. i actually don't mind it as it gives me easy access to it. i think i've only see one person share their install approach, but if others could that would be great.

t3ddftw i noticed when i did the upgrade, the software kept on freezing on my laptop. the update itself took about 30-40 minutes. fwiw, it's 2020 Dell XPS and i was using a USB-C to USB-A adapter and then a standard USB-A to micro-usb cable. it's almost as if the reading back and forth was tremendously slow. was i supposed to change any communication settings. i'll see what github says. maybe i missed something.

Click image for larger version Name:	20200921_102111.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.7 KB ID:	57879 Click image for larger version Name:	20200921_102109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	238.0 KB ID:	57880
                    Depending on how high your car volume is, alternator whine may be inevitable. I recommend making sure your HFP volume is at maximum .

On your update taking forever, was the progress bar moving super slow? The whole thing should maybe take 1.5 minutes. I wonder if the USB cable wasn't fully seated into the BlueBus?

Here's how I have it installed, but I haven't had my trunk together in years now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200721_170453.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	58078
                    Thanks!
                    -Ted

Comment

Hi Ted,

Just reading the github, I see 1.1.15.3 is there from your link, but also saw a mention of maybe having to reset the bluebus. Is that something that has to be done or only if the triple flash blinker is still bugged?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ted,

Just reading the github, I see 1.1.15.3 is there from your link, but also saw a mention of maybe having to reset the bluebus. Is that something that has to be done or only if the triple flash blinker is still bugged?

Thanks!
                        You don't have to reset anything to go to 1.1.15.3 -- the bug you're talking about affected the BlueBus's ability to identify the LCM III (non-E46). However, going to 1.1.15.3 isn't worthwhile unless you have a MID car, or are immediately interested in the (vast) improvements made to comfort blinkers -- here's the changelog (many thanks to the three contributors who brought in many of these changes):

Code:
                        Light Module / Comfort Blinking:
                        * Add Support for LME38, LCM and LCM_A modules
                        * Correct Diagnostics request for LSZ/LSZ2 modules
                        * Ask for LM I/O status less frequently
                        * Update defines to be region agnostic
                        * Push Photosensor data back to LM to prevent temporarily dimming 58G
                        * Improve LM Identification
                        * Break blinker states out of else if which can cause erratic behavior
                        * Activate comfort blinkers only after single blink/off cycle.
                        * Allow cancelling comfort blinkers via opposing blink.
                        * Deactivate comfort blinkers prior to activating opposing comfort blinkers to prevent the original switch input from becoming unresponsive.
                        * Filter concurrent non-blinker lamp events during comfort blinking to prevent artificially incrementing blinker count.
                        * Stop comfort blinkers via diagnostic activation, rather than diagnostic end.
                        * All LM variants now support diagnostic blinker deactivation.
                        Character Transliteration:
                        * Add hyphen and ellipsis UTF-8 characters
                        * Additional Cyrillic characters added to mapping table
                        * Improve Extended ASCII character conversion
                        * Improve String Normalization / UTF-8 translitteration
                        * Improved Unicode byte handling
                        * Add transliteration of Cyrillic characters
                        * Add transliteration of common ASCII symbols
                        Calling:
                        * Add caller ID support
                        * Add caller ID to Navigation Incoming Call screen
                        MID:
                        * Improve MID UI by hijacking TEL MID Mode
                        CD53:
                        * Fix CD53 Device Selection
                        * Allow CD53 users to adjust in-call volume by not setting active call state
                        * Unify the CD53 text length into a define
                        BMBT:
                        * Add Degrees symbol to coolant temperature
                        * Expand Device Name to 128 characters
                        * Header Length increased to 15 chars for `gtVersion > IBUS_GT_MKIII_NEW_UI`.
                        Uncategorized:
                        * Update BC127 definition verbiage
                        * Fix possible memory leak in BMBT device name handler
                        * Fix I2C implementation bug which prevented a dirty bus from being cleared
                        * Break out PCM51XX start up by shutting down the DAC, then starting it when required (to hopefully resolve issues with I-Bus noises)
                        * Improve VIN recognition logging
                        * Fix auto-poweroff code not working

Comment

Here's where mine is now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5093 cs2.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	60133

I wanted to show (and showcase) the name/logo and will probably fabricate a bezel around it when I'm done.

I'm still using the OE phone bluetooth (just wanted to get it installed asap as I owe somebody instructions 😉 and wanted to finally give it a try) and will connect the phone hopefully this weekend. . I'll also need to upgrade the firmware.

Comment

You don't have to reset anything to go to 1.1.15.3 -- the bug you're talking about affected the BlueBus's ability to identify the LCM III (non-E46). However, going to 1.1.15.3 isn't worthwhile unless you have a MID car, or are immediately interested in the (vast) improvements made to comfort blinkers -- here's the changelog (many thanks to the three contributors who brought in many of these changes):
                            I do want to try out the triple blink for the indicators so I probably will upgrade anyway! Is there a feature plan for 1.1.16 or just more bug fixes?

Comment

...I see 1.1.15.3 is there from your link...
                              What link?

2004 325xi Touring

Comment

Any updates on the October orders? Still to the plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X