No announcement yet.

The carbon slicktop thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put me down for one. I can pickup in N Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The RKP roof is flawless.

Comment

Another notable roof would be 2M Autowerks out of california. It's probably safe to say they have the best clear coat as well. Also anyone looking for the OEM glue for the roof, it was bought by valvoline.
        Last edited by Cronenberged; 12-16-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Anyone have experience with DTM roof?

Comment

In for GS group buy.

Comment

oh boy....the M is gonna be sitting around at the shop for at least 2 weeks. The glass I ordered, which I had hoped was the last in the state was nabbed up by someone else, so now it's going to be coming from Germany....ugh...

bmwpartspros wouldn't let me cancel that order, so stuck waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                The RKP roof is flawless.
                Where is the RKP roof manufactured? Link?
                MVP Track Time

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post

Where is the RKP roof manufactured? Link?
                  Formerly Challenge and now RKP. IND-Distributions carries their product and they are in IL I believe. I know there are a few vendors at carry this roof, but I like going to IND directly since I've dealt with them with several purchases before and they've got great customer service.

When the E46 M3 CSL was released, one of the central talking points of the vehicle was the cutting edge weight saving technologies that were utilized in its construction. The CSL was most notably distinguished from the standard E46 M3 by its various lightweight components. The largest of these is the carbon fiber-reinforced plastic (GFP) roof panel, which weighs over 13 pounds less than its conventional steel counterpart. Many enthusiasts sought after the BMW OEM roof to add to their vehicles, but the part was and is to this day only available to those with a CSL vin #. As an answer to our E46 M3 clients, we're proud to introduce the RKP E46 M3 carbon fiber roof panel. Our carbon roofs are constructed by hand at a local facility specializing in components for Grand Am, Time Attack, and various hill climb and formula car classes. Each roof has great fit and finish and saves a considerable amount of weight over the standard roof panel.  AVAILABLE IN 1X1 AND 2X2 CARBON FIBER WEAVE PATTERNS 

Comment

Wanted to provide an update regarding GS roofs. They've been pretty unresponsive since asking for pics and given that it's a pretty pricey item and they're overseas, I would rather not setup a group buy only for people to be disappointed after shelling out a decent sum of money.

However another forum member is currently helping by reaching out to quite a few local manufacturers to see if we can get something going. We are hoping to get a RKP one going as they're probably the highest quality aside from Karbonius, and Karbonius doesn't really do group buys anymore. Will keep you all posted.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post
                      However another forum member is currently helping by reaching out to quite a few local manufacturers to see if we can get something going. We are hoping to get a RKP one going as they're probably the highest quality aside from Karbonius, and Karbonius doesn't really do group buys anymore. Will keep you all posted.
                      I do want to get a carbon roof in the future, but it's not really a priority right now. However, if someone sets up a Karbonius group buy I would jump on it without thinking.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I do want to get a carbon roof in the future, but it's not really a priority right now. However, if someone sets up a Karbonius group buy I would jump on it without thinking.
                        RKP is likely on par with Karbonius FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyflaredd View Post

RKP is likely on par with Karbonius FWIW.
                          Yeah not doubting the RKP roof's quality, but a carbon roof is basically a permanent mod. I know Karbonius won't disappoint so that's the only roof I would buy (plus the price difference is only like $200). I also like that the Karbonius roof has the clips for the original roof rails.
                          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

A carbon roof is the next big mod I’m doing to my car, seriously jelly of all the cars with carbon slick tops. Is it hard to get the correct headliner these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Ob917 View Post
                              A carbon roof is the next big mod I’m doing to my car, seriously jelly of all the cars with carbon slick tops. Is it hard to get the correct headliner these days?
                              Not hard. Just expensive! They are available new from the dealer still.

Comment

Originally posted by Ob917 View Post
                                If you have a local dealer, it would save on the shipping. Almost bought one for $900 shipped, but found one local that sold it locally for $500 picked up at the dealer.

Comment

Working...
                                X