Adam Lz's M3 Exhaust Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
    Good for him enjoying the M3, I've followed him since his BMX day's and he has put the effort in and now enjoying it unlike so many other youtubers that didn't build anything from the ground up and came straight from money/investors.

As for the CSL airbox the older I get the less impressive they sound unless on a legit CSL, I've heard 3 different brands over the years within the friends/mutual contacts group

EVOLVE/Karb/GSR and none of them sound as loud as a legit CSL, I'm convinced real CSL's are just louder due to less noise deadening in the dash area.

A friend had a CSL for a few years, biggest mistake he made was selling it. (they're 150k+ here now...)
    Interesting to hear this.

Have you seen this thread per chance? Discussing that exact topic.

The grey-brown rubber stuff under the dash, see the red arrows. I have the dash off right now and am going to rip it out if the CSL doesn't have it. Some members have said that real CSLs' induction noise is louder and I'm wondering if this is a culprit.

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Yes it will pass smog, I think Chris Castro told me it's about $2500ish. I know the tinny sound you're talking about, but I personally don't think this is the best sounding exhaust.
      Any suggestions on a system that might also eliminate that tinny sound? 2500 sounds a bit steep but honesty, I dislike the sound that much that I would bite the bullet. The problem is it might be better to spend a bit more and just get a Karb airbox.

Comment

I’m certainly in the minority here, reading both this thread and other noise related posts. I feel that rasp is just so indicative of this platform, what is the motivation to make it something it is not?
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
          I’m certainly in the minority here, reading both this thread and other noise related posts. I feel that rasp is just so indicative of this platform, what is the motivation to make it something it is not?
          In my case, I love everything about this car except the exhaust sound, and that's trying 2 different systems so far. Different people like it for different reasons I suppose, as they do most cars, but even though we may like the overall platform, there are always things as individuals we want to change to suit our personal tastes.

Comment

Spoke to someone at Castro. The exhaust from headers to section 3 is about $4200. Waiting on pics
            ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
            ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallerhan View Post
              Spoke to someone at Castro. The exhaust from headers to section 3 is about $4200. Waiting on pics
              I’ve been trying to find out the info on this exhaust too. Hopefully you get some pictures of it or some details!

are the RMS headers mentioned these: http://www.racemarque.com/product/rm.../#.YrIAtRbTUlQ

Comment

$4200 ouch.

Comment

Is that section 1 and section 2 only, or does it include section 3?

Comment

What kind of gains are we talking about?
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	212200E7-010E-4226-8235-7EC7BD09FB42.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	173150 8C80465E-38C9-4C03-B1C0-0BF553C13710.jpg Click image for larger version  Name:	8C80465E-38C9-4C03-B1C0-0BF553C13710.jpg Views:	0 Size:	0 ID:	173149
                      Originally posted by MattMF1 View Post

I’ve been trying to find out the info on this exhaust too. Hopefully you get some pictures of it or some details!

are the RMS headers mentioned these: http://www.racemarque.com/product/rm.../#.YrIAtRbTUlQ
                      the guy running their instagram is not a wealth of information, but this is what I know:

-“full custom exhaust including headers (built to order)”
                      -stainless steel
                      -$4200

this is the only pic I was sent :/
                      ‘02 LSB M3 (11k original miles)
                      ’03 Oxford Green M3 (Turbo’d)

Comment

The entire exhaust, including everything from headers to tailpipes, for $4200 and US built with quality steel... not bad pricing at all if the quality and fitment is good. Wonder if this is catless or with cats?

Too bad they aren't forthcoming with info.

Comment

i always get annoyed when something as subjective as sound is touted as being the best ever on someone's specific vehicle and especially when they have a very large following base. now this Youtubers "opinion" on his car and how it sounds has now become the opinion of a large amount of people at once with no other context other than video. They aren't there in person to hear the intake/exhaust on and of Load, in and out the car, deal with the Drone or any other small intricacies of the exhaust note.

They could have easily made a video that said something along the lines of "Fantastic sounding E46 M3" but they chose to go with a factual like statement of "THE best sounding e46 m3 on the internet"

you have tons of people that follow him that will now go out in the world and tout this as facts and preach this all because they heard and saw someone on the internet say it.

Just watched the video and I dont hear anything unique about it that makes it the best.

other people online have posted clips that sounds extremely similar with different variations of exhaust tone.

it sounds like an M3 with a CSL style airbox.
                          Last edited by nextelbuddy; 06-22-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I dont know, unless you have a lot of money there are other exhaust set ups that sound good at a fraction of the price. If you get it, its your duty to post good pics though!

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                              i always get annoyed when something as subjective as sound is touted as being the best ever on someone's specific vehicle and especially when they have a very large following base. now this Youtubers "opinion" on his car and how it sounds has now become the opinion of a large amount of people at once with no other context other than video. They aren't there in person to hear the intake/exhaust on and of Load, in and out the car, deal with the Drone or any other small intricacies of the exhaust note.

They could have easily made a video that said something along the lines of "Fantastic sounding E46 M3" but they chose to go with a factual like statement of "THE best sounding e46 m3 on the internet"

you have tons of people that follow him that will now go out in the world and tout this as facts and preach this all because they heard and saw someone on the internet say it.

Just watched the video and I dont hear anything unique about it that makes it the best.

other people online have posted clips that sounds extremely similar with different variations of exhaust tone.

it sounds like an M3 with a CSL style airbox.
                              It's a clickbait title, he makes his money off of youtube and its the source of his fame. People will buy the exhaust without having heard it in person and a single dyno plot being published. It could lose power for all we know.

Different strokes as they say.
                              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I think that sounds pretty good. Honestly I'm happy with how my El Diablo with resonators and CPI stepped headers sounds, but I do think the old El Diablo design is too restrictive, flow wise. I would be interested in switching to this if it is catted and keeping my headers was an option.

Comment

Working...
                                X