No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to buy a One-Owner, 6spd E60 M5 with 70 or 80k miles on it just a few weeks ago. Alpine White to match my E46. An older Asian woman owned it since new and listed it up for $28k. I was ready to move heaven and earth to try and buy it but according to her she turned it into a bidding war and it was gonna go to whoever offered the highest. I have zero interest in bidding against people (I was gonna low ball her actually).

It sold within the hour
    2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Feeling like I got in just under the wire on these going up!
      Me too. I got my '09 6 speed with 67k miles for 16k (thanks Covid). Deals like that will be impossible to find soon.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Me too. I got my '09 6 speed with 67k miles for 16k (thanks Covid). Deals like that will be impossible to find soon.
        Wtf. Been casually trying to buy one for the past six months or so and all the ones I've seen below $20k are 06-07 100k+ mi SMG cars. Jealous, but nice buy!
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

That car seems fishy to me but it did have only 10k miles.

E60 is too ugly to appreciate that much as a whole.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
            E60 is too ugly to appreciate that much as a whole.
            Not in real life. It's twice the car E39 is as well. SMG3 is the only big problem. DCT swaps are coming though.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Not in real life. It's twice the car E39 is as well. SMG3 is the only big problem. DCT swaps are coming though.
              It's not twice the car, but it is a very different car. e39:
              has much better/more passenger space (especially back seat leg room-- front seat nearly touches the back seat when I drive the e60, vs I can sit comfortably behind myself in the e39 (admittedly my e39 has the euro dash conversion))
              has a much nicer interior
              feels a lot smaller on the road
              is much better on the highway
              has nearly double the range on a tank of gas (bigger tank and better economy), making it a better road trip car
              MKIV nav is better than iDrive nav (low bar, but...)
              is much easier to work on
              is one of the most reliable NA M cars, vs the e60
              has a dip stick
              has headlights that don't turn into light stopping walls with no viable lens replacement
              are all manual

The e60 is easily the most hardcore/sports car generation of M5. But, I'm not sure that makes it the best M5.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Literally has nothing other than the engine and subsequently the sound going for it.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Well you're the expert
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Literally has nothing other than the engine and subsequently the sound going for it.
                    Suspension geometry
                    R&P steering (easily the best steering of any M5 generation)
                    alu chassis
                    THE pinnacle M engine (other than McLaren F1 V12)
                    best sounding BMW ever

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Wtf. Been casually trying to buy one for the past six months or so and all the ones I've seen below $20k are 06-07 100k+ mi SMG cars. Jealous, but nice buy!
                      Guy priced it like an SMG, he didnt know. Just a lucky local find. They're out there.

Comment

Not true. E60 M5 is basically a supercar chassis and engine. It will effortlessly destroy an E46 M3 on track despite the weight differential. You really need to drive one, it is the ultimate dual nature daily driver 4 door supercar.

Comment

Weird car. Ugly, horrible interior and seats. Why go through the effort of stuffing a V10 and partial aluminum chassis and install a seat that can't hold you still? When I bought my C63 AMG i was cross shopping e39 vs e60 vs the AMG. I bought the AMG because of the seats, sound, effortless torque, and all around performance but the e39 was a clear second and the e60 was never really in the running. I then bought a 2021 Mach 1 (manual) to have something that sounds even more awesome than that V10 (Mustang does sound better, period) and weighs a ton. The e60 is just this sort of weird pile of weirdness.
                          Last edited by oceansize; 08-01-2022, 03:24 PM.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                            Weird car. Ugly, horrible interior and seats. Why go through the effort of stuffing a V10 and partial aluminum chassis and install a seat that can't hold you still? When I bought my C63 AMG i was cross shopping e39 vs e60 vs the AMG. I bought the AMG because of the seats, sound, effortless torque, and all around performance but the e39 was a clear second and the e60 was never really in the running. I then bought a 2021 Mach 1 (manual) to have something that sounds even more awesome than that V10 (Mustang does sound better, period) and weighs a ton. The e60 is just this sort of weird pile of weirdness.
                            I dunno if I can agree with the mustang sounding better. To me the coyote V8 sounds like a VQ with 2 extra cylinders. It’s got that unpleasant trumpet sound just deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen View Post

I dunno if I can agree with the mustang sounding better. To me the coyote V8 sounds like a VQ with 2 extra cylinders. It’s got that unpleasant trumpet sound just deeper.
                              Unmodified versus unmodified I don't think it is all that debatable but nonetheless, yes, it is subjective. Truthfully the AMG has them both beat IMO.
                              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                                Sometimes I envy his ability to ignore stuff.
                                Yeah, I know… must be nice, right? It’s just not my personality. The money has nothing to do with it. TBH, I know more guys like me with more money (everything pristine no matter what), than I know guys who just don’t shivagit. But I know those too.

I’m reading all this E46M v E39M v E60M, sound, track, whatever … and as far as I’m concerned, @ocean has it right. Buy an AMG V8 and you’ll forget all about all of those cars. Full stop. I can enjoy the E46M for what it is because I already know what it will never be. Effortless torque from almost any gear at almost any speed is a formula for addiction… #AMG_crack

maw

Comment

Working...
                                X