No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, people have tracked the head bolt issue down to engine serial numbers when MB changed the bolts. General consensus is somewhere in late '09 for 2010 model year. I ran his VIN and he's right to plan on doing it. It's the only reason I never bought a 63.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      probably forum paranoia like every other issue.
      Was my initial thoughts but after researching and talking to folks in the know it does appear to be true. Nonetheless would be interested to hear what year her car is along with mileage and whether or not she had the issue taken care of should it fall into the range of defective bolts. The repair at a MB dealership runs into many thousands (head off operation) so it isn't something she would forget.

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
      No, people have tracked the head bolt issue down to engine serial numbers when MB changed the bolts. General consensus is somewhere in late '09 for 2010 model year. I ran his VIN and he's right to plan on doing it. It's the only reason I never bought a 63.

maw
      Yes, MB revised the head bolts somewhere in 2010 which is a dead give away something wasn't right. While I'm there I'm going to do everything (all gaskets, phaser bolts, tappets, lifters, and plenty more) right and once. It was somewhat difficult to find a low mileage C63 AMG that was semi-close so when this popped up I jumped on it. One owner low mileage was very appealing. Besides since I'm doing it I wont have to worry about someone else's quality of work, however I will have to purchase or rent the necessary timing tools. Already ordered MB WIS off of ebay.

Edit: The PO was an awesome older gentlemen in his 70s. Owns or has owned Porsches, Lambos, Ferraris, Mercedes (all sorts of rare stuff), and other cool vehicles. Real enthusiast with quite the collection.
      Last edited by oceansize; 10-30-2021, 07:06 PM.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Damn. 25k miles on the dash and shit needs a major tear down, otherwise that’s a lot of car for the money. Congrats!
        Last edited by 02_lsb; 10-30-2021, 07:17 PM.
        Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
          Damn. 25k miles on the dash and shit needs a major tear down.
          Yeah, it is no joke but I needed a new project plus I like the car and we all know how that goes since we own cars that eat exhaust hub tabs and have a racp that can fall out lol. In truth do I need to do all this right now? Probably not, but I'd rather not wait.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Yeah, it is no joke but I needed a new project plus I like the car and we all know how that goes since we own cars that eat exhaust hub tabs and have a racp that can fall out lol. In truth do I need to do all this right now? Probably not, but I'd rather not wait.
            I get it bro. You have a fear of having an allergic reaction to a good, practical, reliable car. The car looks brand new though. Congrats again. Keep us posted on the journey.
            Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Was my initial thoughts but after researching and talking to folks in the know it does appear to be true. Nonetheless would be interested to hear what year her car is along with mileage and whether or not she had the issue taken care of should it fall into the range of defective bolts. The repair at a MB dealership runs into many thousands (head off operation) so it isn't something she would forget.
              I just asked her, it's a 2012 with 76k.

I told her to let me know if she ever sells it and she asked if I was a collector now
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a Original-Owner 1998 BMW M3 Coupe 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #58,971.

Original owner E36 M3 with 30k miles. Probably going to bring in all the money.

Comment

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...onvertible-55/

Tough 88k miles on this thing... poor car, but nice color combo... convertible SMG that someone is probably about to steal.

maw

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 4,700-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #60,504.

2005 Silver Grey 6MT original owner car with 4700 miles. Impressive. Any guesses on price? $80k+??
                    1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                    2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                    2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                    2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                    2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                    2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

That mileage puts it in a league of its own. Even though it’s not a 06 ZCP with a rare color combo. It would be an interesting one to watch.
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post
                        https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-coupe-78/

2005 Silver Grey 6MT original owner car with 4700 miles. Impressive. Any guesses on price? $80k+??
                        Over sticker, which is crazy. $75k-$80k feels about right.

This is a more compelling car for me…https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-coupe-77/ … I appreciate the color combos more than any other options available on these cars (besides drop top).

maw
                        Last edited by maw1124; 11-21-2021, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Strong price, 145k, 5 owner.

Bid for the chance to own a 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #60,089.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

what type of person purchases a new sports car, drives it less than 300 miles per year, and then after 16 years decides they have to sell it

i'm not saying this in a negative way, i'm just genuinely curious

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

what type of person purchases a new sports car, drives it less than 300 miles per year, and then after 16 years decides they have to sell it

i'm not saying this in a negative way, i'm just genuinely curious
                              I'm just gonna assume the owner has/had another to put miles on.
                              IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                              A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                              Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                              Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                              Touring S62 6MT
                              Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

I'm thinking 65k. It checks all the boxes except for ZCP and slicktop in terms of value. Wishing the owner a successful sale, car looks immaculate

Comment

Working...
                                X