No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expired listing but Jesus Christ. What a steal. I wish I knew about BAT back in 2015. 🤦‍♂️

Bid for the chance to own a 36K-Mile 2002 BMW M3 Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #714.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
      Expired listing but Jesus Christ. What a steal. I wish I knew about BAT back in 2015. 🤦‍♂️
      These cars were cheap everywhere around that time. I got my 05 IB 6 speed with 34k miles in late 2014 for $25k and it felt like I overpaid. There were other nice cars with <60k miles in the high teens to 20k range that I turned down. I should have bought my E39 M5 at the same time but I waited until 2019 … at least it was still within the range I’d pay for that car unlike the current market.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

These cars were cheap everywhere around that time. I got my 05 IB 6 speed with 34k miles in late 2014 for $25k and it felt like I overpaid. There were other nice cars with <60k miles in the high teens to 20k range that I turned down. I should have bought my E39 M5 at the same time but I waited until 2019 … at least it was still within the range I’d pay for that car unlike the current market.
        I bought mine in 2013 with low miles but since I've actually driven it it's over the 100k mark. Had I known prices would have gotten this bonkers I would have bought another lower mile one back then and kept it a stock garage queen. Damn it. Hindsight is 20/20 they say.

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post

I bought mine in 2013 with low miles but since I've actually driven it it's over the 100k mark. Had I known prices would have gotten this bonkers I would have bought another lower mile one back then and kept it a stock garage queen. Damn it. Hindsight is 20/20 they say.
          You would have been far better off dumping that money into SPY or crypto or whatever. Cars are for driving, be happy you got to enjoy yours

Comment

You would have been far better off dumping that money into SPY or crypto or whatever. Cars are for driving, be happy you got to enjoy yours
            Very true. Same with buying Bay Area real-estate after the housing market crash.

Comment

This stands at $37k... let's see how far it moves in the last 20mins... if at all... I know the latter ones are preferred.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1999 BMW M Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,267.

$42k, didn't move much.

maw
              Last edited by maw1124; 01-26-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                I’ll just say the number is much lower than $90-100k. I def want it..just trying to figure out how to go about buying it (have a third E46 or sell one car and replace with this).
                PY over cinnamon? Definitely sell and replace, is my $.02.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                  This stands at $37k... let's see how far it moves in the last 20mins... if at all... I know the latter ones are preferred.

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 1999 BMW M Coupe at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,267.

$42k, didn't move much.

maw
                  These cars haven't gone crazy like the rest of the market for some reason. The s54 cars are by far my favorite application of the engine. With a couple handling mods they make absolutely amazing street cars, small, light and lively.

Comment

Originally posted by lapoune View Post
                    These cars haven't gone crazy like the rest of the market for some reason. The s54 cars are by far my favorite application of the engine. With a couple handling mods they make absolutely amazing street cars, small, light and lively.
                    You're not alone. It's not for me but I know many M3 die hards who are also Clownshoe aficionados. It's the only reason I know about them. I think too much of what's driving this market is "sheep money" chasing what they think will bring future returns. So whatever the forums say is "the one to have" is what they're buying and flipping. It's like all the house flipping turned to car flipping over the past 10 years, and now it's just gone hog nuts! But they're not the most discerning car guys, so these and SMG verts get overlooked and sell for a song.

Still that's strong money for what this car is and isn't.

maw

Comment

You're not alone. It's not for me but I know many M3 die hards who are also Clownshoe aficionados. It's the only reason I know about them. I think too much of what's driving this market is "sheep money" chasing what they think will bring future returns. So whatever the forums say is "the one to have" is what they're buying and flipping. It's like all the house flipping turned to car flipping over the past 10 years, and now it's just gone hog nuts! But they're not the most discerning car guys, so these and SMG verts get overlooked and sell for a song.

Still that's strong money for what this car is and isn't.

maw
                      They went up quite a bit in the last 10 years, so now is just icing on the cake. They were $12-15K cars for so long, we even joked around about one day selling these for $60k. S54 cars are there and then some, so $40K+ for an S52 car with this mileage - very solid. Don't think I'll ever sell mine, no matter what the price is.

BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Yup. Got my ZCP E46M3 w/80k miles for $14k in 2018, and my E39M5 w/102k miles for a whopping $8k in 2017. Heck, I got my E36M for $4500 in 2016! Good times.
                        Looking at the current prices, its insane how everything went up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                          Don't think I'll ever sell mine, no matter what the price is.
                          I wouldn’t either… it’s beautiful… loving the deep dishes.

And the way you’re parked so far from the pawn shop…

Cheers,

maw

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                            Yup. Got my ZCP E46M3 w/80k miles for $14k in 2018, and my E39M5 w/102k miles for a whopping $8k in 2017. Heck, I got my E36M for $4500 in 2016! Good times.
                            Looking at the current prices, its insane how everything went up.
                            Did you buy these from that pawn shop?

Jokes. Looks like you bought well.

maw

Comment

I wouldn’t either… it’s beautiful… loving the deep dishes.

And the way you’re parked so far from the pawn shop…

Cheers,

maw

Did you buy these from that pawn shop?

Jokes. Looks like you bought well.

maw
                              Haha, yup - would seem so, right?
                              Didn't even realize there was a pawn shop in the background when I took the picture - needed to loosen some header nuts, so I stopped by a muffler shop in some Mexican neighborhood...Hey, the car was clean at least!

Comment

2001 6MT PY, 44K.

Bid for the chance to own a 44k-Mile 2001 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,913.
                                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                                Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X