No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one should be interesting, 26k miles SGM/Imola with some pretty nice mods including SS headers/CSL airbox.

Bid for the chance to own a 26k-Mile 2005 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #73,489.
    Last edited by Cubieman; 05-09-2022, 11:48 AM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      I think we may be over estimating the LSB bump. Seems like the one that did absurdly well may have been because of it's modifications, not its color.
      If the last LSB were a converted… any other other color, grey interior; hammer price $30k?
      Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
        ...but it just goes to show that this forum and Craigslist are likely not the ideal outlets for selling a car like this.
        100% agree. Don't get me wrong, from an entertainment standpoint, I certainly enjoy listening to someone's "expertise" on why a car is overpriced, why it's only worth $XXXXX, and why only a complete idiot would "pay that price."

When it comes time to sell the cars in the garage I'll instantly go to BaT and let someone who can see through the bullshlt comments bid what they think the car is worth. That's all that matters, not what someone's opinion of what it should cost.

Comment

If the last LSB were a converted… any other other color, grey interior; hammer price $30k?
          I feel at this point any 30K mile M3 below $30K is a thing of the past, regardless of it being a swap or color combo.

Comment

Crazy year thus far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sale-price-by-year.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	167145
            Attached Files
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
              Crazy year thus far:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sale-price-by-year.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	167145
              Something tells me we'll be seeing a different story in the 2nd half of '22 and '23.

Can somebody link the Google Sheet with all of the source data for BaT?

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Something tells me we'll be seeing a different story in the 2nd half of '22 and '23.

Can somebody link the Google Sheet with all of the source data for BaT?
                It's mine: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=413769884
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 18k-Mile 2004 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #72,781.

the tone here. Completely different, why? LSB had big 3 done, very clean. This tiag is also very nice, also very clean and well presented but this here is the most common, run of the mill color — meanwhile, it’s all congrats and good deal. Really? It is? And the same year Laguna Seca for $11k more is a terrible price for a converted car with grey interior. Right.
                  Last edited by 02_lsb; 05-09-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                    This is great - thanks for keeping it updated.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-bmw-m3-85/

the tone here. Completely different, why? LSB had big 3 done, very clean. This tiag is also very nice, also very clean and well presented but this here is the most common, run of the mill color — meanwhile, it’s all congrats and good deal. Really? It is? And the same year Laguna Seca for $11k more is a terrible price for a converted car with grey interior. Right.
                    Keep in mind the TiAg has almost half the miles as the LSB car amongst other factors. Using oceansize data, look at the difference in average price when considering mileage increments of 10k for manual coupes (only looking at '21 and '22). Also note that the <=40k mile category includes the $90.5k SG ZCP/M-tex car (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m3-coupe-73/); without it the average price falls to $47k in that category (following the natural trend):

There's clearly a LSB premium, but that recently sold car did incredibly well for what it was.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mtpktz; 05-09-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

This is great - thanks for keeping it updated.

Keep in mind the TiAg has almost half the miles as the LSB car amongst other factors. Using oceansize data, look at the difference in average price when considering mileage increments of 10k for manual coupes (only looking at '21 and '22). Also note that the <=40k mile category includes the $90.5k SG ZCP/M-tex car (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...m3-coupe-73/); without it the average price falls to $47k in that category (following the natural trend):

There's clearly a LSB premium, but that recently sold car did incredibly well for what it was.
                      Lol. I hear you, but I don’t think math has anything to do with it. When LSB does well, you hear “expert” opinion why it’s not worth it. ANY other color does well - it’s congratulations and what a deal.

Comment

Lol. I hear you, but I don’t think math has anything to do with it. When LSB does well, you hear “expert” opinion why it’s not worth it. ANY other color does well - it’s congratulations and what a deal.
                        A market analysis of recent transactions is the foundation for the perceived value of these cars and the comments that go along with it. Take the opinions and comments for what they are - an individual's opinion on what something is or isn't worth.

The market has spoken clearly about the premium that LSB commands and ultimately that's what matters most.

Comment

Rarity always drives value. And the fact that there were 542 sales and so few LSB more or less tells the whole story. The rest (configuration, care and maintenance) is sort of noise IMO, especially with people changing transmissions and interiors. It's not like these cars are hard to bring up to spec. The parts are all available and everyone knows how to work on them, so all you're talking about is money -- and not a whole lot of it at that.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                            Rarity always drives value. And the fact that there were 542 sales and so few LSB more or less tells the whole story. The rest (configuration, care and maintenance) is sort of noise IMO, especially with people changing transmissions and interiors. It's not like these cars are hard to bring up to spec. The parts are all available and everyone knows how to work on them, so all you're talking about is money -- and not a whole lot of it at that.

maw
                            PY has smaller numbers than LSB and is an iconic e46 m3 specific color, but doesn’t draw near as much $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

PY has smaller numbers than LSB and is an iconic e46 m3 specific color, but doesn’t draw near as much $$$.
                              Let's not follow logic over a cliff or be contrarian for the sake of it... yellow is still yellow and blue is still blue.

But I personally don't think anything is as iconic BMW as "propellor blue" in all of its various shades and names. It's still propellor blue.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

maw
                                Looking solely at auctions since 2020, there have been 23 LSB cars (17 coupes, 6 verts) listed which puts it in the middle of the pack of all colors including popular colors like SG, AW, IB.

One source states total LSB production is 1,545 (coupes and verts) for the US/CAN Market which I wouldn't deem rare (Mystic - 1,405, Interlagos - 897, Estoril - 81 for context from the same source) coupled with the fact that the majority of LSB cars are the "less desirable" pre-LCI cars.

Either way, LSB is well regarded in today's market but I remember reading it was not a well-liked color in the early 2000s which left many sitting on dealer lots.

Comment

Working...
                                X