No announcement yet.

The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realistically I could buy one but insurance and taxes would eat me alive. Not to mention I most certainly could not afford to bin it at the track. Losing my M3 would hurt but it was a $25k car eight years ago and is paid for. I’ll keep dreaming like the rest of the old BMW owners on here

Comment

Dealers here want 200 over sticker on 992s 🤠
      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        Dealers here want 200 over sticker on 992s 🤠
        Crazy right?! The 992 is so not worth the overage.

repoman89 Re GT4RS — Don’t do it. The new(ish) motor is sweet, but you can save a bundle getting the .1 GT4 and not miss out on much other than the upcharge. The newer P cars have lost something each generation starting with the 991.

I’m jaded, but not speaking hypothetically. This is my “fast” car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8378D4CE-082F-479F-8C25-4BE82970D583.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	176831

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
          Man you really love old bmws. I can't imagine having more than one or two at most before getting a gt3 and a modern luxury car.

Congrats you animal.
          Yeah they're my favorites for sure. I have thought about getting a GT3 but I hate driving minty low mileage cars. Feels like I'm burning a shitload of cash every mile, kinda generates anxiety for me. I do have a modern luxury car (F10 535d) and it's really nice but clinical and sterile. Too buttoned up. I like to switch between cars constantly so having a bunch of old, different BMWs is interesting because they all feel, drive, and respond a lot differently. Also, I get to divide the miles between them which helps them last a lot longer.

I recently got an F15 X5D with a bunch of bells and whistles to flip and managed to get 39 mpg with it just driving from OC to San Diego. But it's really dull and cheap feeling, I honestly can't imagine daily driving it exclusively or paying $60-100k+ for a new BMW based on the last 2 gens. Probably one of the reasons I'm on an old school forum chatting about 20-30 year old classics. 😶
          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 07-20-2022, 09:12 PM.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

I’ve half-considered getting rid of my two old BMWs for a GT4 RS (if they existed for purchase). That engine is almost worth having to drive around looking like a complete douchebag

EthanolTurbo is that the one from m5board classifieds? Looks pretty damn clean for how cheap it was listed.
            Yep sure was. Pretty sweet deal and the car was better than expected.

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 1980 BMW M1 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #79,226.
              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
              Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post

Buddy of mine just picked up a 22 Macan GTS as well. Beautiful car. Maybe just me but feels like 9/10ths of a 911 on road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GTS is a beast of a small SUV. Highly recommend them.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                  This one is for all the LSB haters and nay sayers.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-m3-158/
                  Strong finish.
                  Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post

Strong finish.
                    I guess the question is, what's more valuable: first year LSB or '06 Interlagos Blue with ZCP?

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I guess the question is, what's more valuable: first year LSB or '06 Interlagos Blue with ZCP?
                      Good question. I wish I could just sell mine without having to list it on BaT, but that is tough to do on lower mileage cars.

Mr. Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

the real question is, do you pay 86 freaking thousand dollars for a 2 decade old E46 M3 or a Cayman S?
                        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

Crazy right?! The 992 is so not worth the overage.

repoman89 Re GT4RS — Don’t do it. The new(ish) motor is sweet, but you can save a bundle getting the .1 GT4 and not miss out on much other than the upcharge. The newer P cars have lost something each generation starting with the 991.

I’m jaded, but not speaking hypothetically. This is my “fast” car.

Click image for larger version Name:	8378D4CE-082F-479F-8C25-4BE82970D583.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.5 KB ID:	176831
                          Heh don't worry, not going to happen. Out of curiosity, what are your complaints about the newer cars? I happened upon a forum thread where 718 GT4 owners were complaining about the steering feel .. seems to be the common thing that always goes in modern cars. Some owners said an ND Miata is better, and there was also a lot of nostalgia for the E46 M3 and ZHP steering.

Interestingly I had an ND2 Miata all of last year and was pretty unimpressed with the steering. It was usable, decent even, but has nothing on any E46 or NC Miata.

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

Heh don't worry, not going to happen. Out of curiosity, what are your complaints about the newer cars? I happened upon a forum thread where 718 GT4 owners were complaining about the steering feel .. seems to be the common thing that always goes in modern cars. Some owners said an ND Miata is better, and there was also a lot of nostalgia for the E46 M3 and ZHP steering.

Interestingly I had an ND2 Miata all of last year and was pretty unimpressed with the steering. It was usable, decent even, but has nothing on any E46 or NC Miata.
                            As a general disclaimer, I am sensitive (picky) when it comes to feedback, feel and behavior. I am also fortunate enough to have driven (not owned) the heavy-hitters across all the major marquees. Don’t even get me started on the numb rocket ship that is the SF90.

The complaint from the 718 guys you referenced is my major issue. While Porsche makes (made) the best electronic steering setup, it doesn’t compare to hydraulic. Jumping between my 997.2 and my friend’s 991.2 Touring really calls attention to it. If you don’t care about, or notice, steering feel, this shouldn’t deter you.

My other major complaints are: sound, size, weight, price, and value. To me, the newer P cars (specifically, 911s) are less precision instrument, more refined luxury. Not a bad thing. Just not for me. Although very different cars, my ‘71 911 behaves very much like my 997.2 GT3. They just operate at very different speeds.

I’m sure the true M guys here would agree that the M3/4 (after the e46 and/or e92) has suffered a similar fate.

Comment

Those were some very gentle 32,000 miles. My 05 just hit 30,000 miles and the rock chips on the front bumper and hood are insane.

I'm very surprised it fetched 86k for an 01 with the "dreaded" grey (that I have and love by the way) and a sunroof. Or am I not up with the times on what is hot? I thought this price tag was only for mint condition 06 ZCP IBs?

This market is all over the place.
                              Last edited by 05CherryM3; 07-23-2022, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 05CherryM3 View Post

Those were some very gentle 32,000 miles. My 05 just hit 30,000 miles and the rock chips on the front bumper and hood are insane.

I'm very surprised it fetched 86k for an 01 with the "dreaded" grey (that I have and love by the way) and a sunroof. Or am I not up with the times on what is hot? I thought this price tag was only for mint condition 06 ZCP IBs?

This market is all over the place.
                                It's funny how I couldn't give away my 1 of 2 IB/Platinum and my stripper IB (zero options, M-texture manual seats, BUT...SMG) 3 and 2 years ago, respectively. Now it's all people talk about. My timing is the absolute worst on this crap.
                                1995 BMW M3 LTW - Alpine White / Anthracite Cloth
                                2000 BMW M5 - Imola Red / Imola Red & Black
                                2005 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Anthracite Impulse Cloth (Manual) - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop
                                2006 BMW M3 - Alpine White / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Canadian Import
                                2011 BMW M3 - Individual Fire Orange / Black - ZCP - 6MT - Slicktop - Dinan Upgrades
                                2011 BMW 1M - Alpine White / Black - Canadian Import

Comment

Working...
                                X