The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

You're not reading that right maw1124 The sale in March never went through, buyer ghosted. So this was a relist. The seller bought the car back in 2018 for 34.5K.

I'm kinda torn on this one. I'd want more than $48K if my M3 only had 25K miles. But there were also a few things seller could have cleaned up to get top dollar. Also didn't come across as an enthusiast, if that matters. $48.5 was fair, not great offer. Don't know where he'll get better than on BaT.
    Good catch. I agree. It was a $50k car.

Looking at the bidding now, I wouldn’t expect manham to follow through. That looks like a shill bidder. TBH, so does JayMCars, but more likely that’s a flipper dealer. Of course, the shill (manham) ran away the highest bid (JayMCars) and now the seller can’t get close to what JayMCars would have paid. That’s kinda what I mean about BaT. Too much BS, but most of it works to the Seller’s advantage.

It’s a $50k car.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 06-16-2023, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBimmers View Post

You're not reading that right maw1124 The sale in March never went through, buyer ghosted. So this was a relist. The seller bought the car back in 2018 for 34.5K.

I'm kinda torn on this one. I'd want more than $48K if my M3 only had 25K miles. But there were also a few things seller could have cleaned up to get top dollar. Also didn't come across as an enthusiast, if that matters. $48.5 was fair, not great offer. Don't know where he'll get better than on BaT.
      Agree. I think issue with that one is it wasn’t really special outside of the mileage. You aren’t going to catch an enthusiast chasing the no option “lightweight” and at the same time it’s not so low mileage that you’ll get the random collector.

and two of the right people weren’t in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Yup lol, I missed the peak hay day, something the grumpy old guys would mention almost daily. It was still a pretty sweet job when I was 24 though. I worked at Modified Magazine before that, let’s see if anyone remembers that one lol. Those mags were all owned by the same publisher, also eurotuner, European Car, Honda Tuning, Import Tuner, Turbo, Sport Compact Car… All of them are gone now lol. Feel old yet?
        My man, I worked at Andys Auto Sport. Home of the Cali Type-R body kit, or the Dragon-Z kit, lmao. We used to manufacture everything in house.

We took ads out in your Magazine along with Super Street. Modified Magazine was sweet though.

Comment

Recent auctions make me not want to list my blue car on BAT lol. Will prob stick to the forum and Facebook groups.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

My man, I worked at Andys Auto Sport. Home of the Cali Type-R body kit, or the Dragon-Z kit, lmao. We used to manufacture everything in house.

We took ads out in your Magazine along with Super Street. Modified Magazine was sweet though.
            Ha, Cali Type R kit, now THAT is something I hadn’t thought about in a long time, brings back memories!
            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Yup lol, I missed the peak hay day, something the grumpy old guys would mention almost daily. It was still a pretty sweet job when I was 24 though. I worked at Modified Magazine before that, let’s see if anyone remembers that one lol. Those mags were all owned by the same publisher, also eurotuner, European Car, Honda Tuning, Import Tuner, Turbo, Sport Compact Car… All of them are gone now lol. Feel old yet?
              Modified Magazine was my entry point into this universe and I subscribed in 2010 through the end of the magazine's life 4 years later. I believe I still have a stack of them somewhere in storage. This issue with the Buddy Club S14 was the first issue I picked up. Talk about "core memory unlocked".

Click image for larger version

Name:	41937277_1969087989822120_3808561313425129472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&cb=99be929b-59f725be&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AK8LnHiXEjsAX9U2aOl&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=00_AfBSJXtVad7piuHMCONUS9agBTwIs8irm-VattHBFwfENw&oe=64BD8195.
Views:	320
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	223017
              2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

No longer a fan of BaT honestly.​
                Last edited by E46_M3_ZCP; 06-26-2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

Modified Magazine was my entry point into this universe and I subscribed in 2010 through the end of the magazine's life 4 years later. I believe I still have a stack of them somewhere in storage. This issue with the Buddy Club S14 was the first issue I picked up. Talk about "core memory unlocked".

Click image for larger version

Name:	41937277_1969087989822120_3808561313425129472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&cb=99be929b-59f725be&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AK8LnHiXEjsAX9U2aOl&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=00_AfBSJXtVad7piuHMCONUS9agBTwIs8irm-VattHBFwfENw&oe=64BD8195.
Views:	320
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	223017
                  Awesome man, you’ll find me on the masthead of almost all those issues lol.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

This will make a good addition to someone's fleet for not a ton of money, is my guess.

maw

Bid for the chance to own a No Reserve: 19k-Mile 2002 BMW 540i Sport 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #112,301.

Comment

If only it had the M sport package !
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
                        If only it had the M sport package !
                        That’s true. But for driving purposes you can aftermarket facsimile most of that stuff the same way you’d mod an M car (e.g. lower stiffer suspension, brakes, exhaust, LSD, etc) and for most driving it would be fine. And fun. And relatively cheap. It’s still a powerful naturally aspirated BMW V8 behind a manual transmission with a simple yet luxurious interior, yada yada.

Unless you’re looking for asset appreciation, there’s no currency to a factory sport package 20+ years later IMO, because all of that would be due for replacement anyway with new old stock factory replacements likely not available. Which gets you to those very same aftermarket facsimile parts anyway.

maw
                        Last edited by maw1124; 06-25-2023, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Eh, m sport has different bumpers, seats, and wheels also.

Comment

^
                            exactly. M5-ish from bumper. Different rear bumper than 540i and beautiful M parallel wheels. Seats are different too. Way more sporty looking.
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Rather have an M5 with 100k more miles that's been driven, maintained, and not just sitting for the last 22 years lol. That's a lame duck spec 540i anyways.
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Comparing this car to an M is silly. Of course the M is better. That doesn't mean this one isn't worth having for the price differential. I own an AMG SClass but it doesn't make the regular SClass trash. I'll stick with where I started -- lowered and stiffened this is a nice car for the price. The E39M is a completely different animal for a completely different price.

maw

Comment

Working...
                                X