The Official Bring A Trailer (BaT) Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
    My m3 is a good weather weekend car. I am approaching a 10 year ownership mark. I think if I did it over again, I wouldn’t listen to anything I read on the forum and would’ve gotten a vert. There. I said it. .
    I personally, while not generally a fan of convertibles, love the look of the verts with a matching hardtop. I may find myself in an M roadster here at some point for the top down experience--but I wouldn't trade my M3 coupe for a vert. Anyway, these verts are really excellent buys, as MAW continues to remind us with BAT listings! I'm at 16 yrs ownership with my M3 and I think I'll just keep going, as long as I can keep fixing it (money, parts, time, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
      Grey would have been fine on the E46 if they hadn’t gone overboard with it. The silverstone interiors on E39 M5s are much nicer because they used it as an accent rather than turning the entire interior into a featureless blob.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9D66D294-F490-4B6F-B5CC-F9A6BF9E85A4.png
Views:	396
Size:	726.2 KB
ID:	245251
      This would've looked so awesome on an E46. Gray interior in E46 M3 reminds me of the blue interior in the AP1 S2000 Suzuka Blue cars... just way overdone when it just needed more balance (black to break it up).
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

I wonder why BaT doesn’t have a seller feedback function.

maw
        Because they are in the business of selling cars. Disclosure is not in their best interest.
        BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
          Because they are in the business of selling cars. Disclosure is not in their best interest.
          Of course... but I'm not so sure what business they're in anymore. Their rep is taking a beating as the days go by. Between the accident cars, shill bidders and flippers, we may as well go back to the good old days of actually, you know, buying cars in person.

maw

Comment

I've bought one car from BAT and one from C&B. I establish what the car is worth to me and I don't go beyond that dollar amount. The problem arises when bidders don't follow that long standing auction advice and don't do their due diligence with respect to the car's history. Both of my experiences were top shelf and I won't hesitate to use again should something I want come along.

Edit: Should point out I bought one owner cars in both cases.
            Last edited by oceansize; 12-11-2023, 04:34 AM.
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Of course... but I'm not so sure what business they're in anymore. Their rep is taking a beating as the days go by. Between the accident cars, shill bidders and flippers, we may as well go back to the good old days of actually, you know, buying cars in person.

maw
              Oh, I know. They will care more once they run out of buyers. Until then....
              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                Grey interior haters are parroted 10x over in this forum. BaT sale prices indicate it's clearly not a detractor for the actual sales market.

Is there a more peasant color than black for an interior? 🤣🤣 Y'all crack me up.
                9/10 people would choose black/red/brown/blue over a grey interior in a heartbeat. The one person out of those 10 who claims to like grey interiors is a coping liar. 🤣🤣 Grey interiors are vile. 🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by NiceE46 View Post

9/10 people would choose black/red/brown/blue over a grey interior in a heartbeat. The one person out of those 10 who claims to like grey interiors is a coping liar. 🤣🤣 Grey interiors are vile. 🤣🤣
                  I'd rather have a gray interior instead of a red one. To me red screams for attention

Comment

You're obviously wrong bc of other people's opinions.

Comment

Estoril blue up for sale. I had some interactions with the seller and he just really rubbed me the wrong way. He was originally asking $90K and “not a penny less because it’s. 1 of 1”. I’ve always been on the hunt for a clean estoril E46M but not going after this one for various reasons.

Bid for the chance to own a Estoril Blue 2002 BMW M3 Coupe 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #130,864.

Comment

Estoril blue up for sale. I had some interactions with the seller and he just really rubbed me the wrong way. He was originally asking $90K and “not a penny less because it’s. 1 of 1”. I’ve always been on the hunt for a clean estoril E46M but not going after this one for various reasons.
                        Scroll up a bit - we're watching this one. Another comment re suspect seller. Move by commenter to post another FS thread was bogus, even though I kind of understand why he did it. (Seller going on and on about rarity).
                        Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by simon_c View Post

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-bmw-m3-coupe-40/
                          Isn't that seller the guy that sells sketchy crashed Porsches and other cars with questionable history?
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
                            Isn't that seller the guy that sells sketchy crashed Porsches and other cars with questionable history?
                            Someone here said YES

maw

Comment

Hard to believe someone bid $73k for that 2002 Estoril and it didn't even meet reserve. Stocks are up and people are feeling good about their net worth again I guess.

Also LOL at the seller's comment that this is a $150-200k car in 5-10 years. Nothing more tiresome than the cars as investments crowd.

Comment

Can't stand the seller. He was marketing and pumping this up SO hard "1 of 1 etc". I mean he said he bought it without the intention to flip but he is a freaking CAR DEALER. His sole business is flip cars and make money. I'm surprised it got bid up to $73.4K as well which is really strong. We'll never know if some of those were shill bids but that was the final bid. Would it actually have sold at the price is a real question too. I expect to see this car pop again in the future.

To be clear, I thought this was a very nice car and well kept but didn't hit a lot of criteria for what we all think big money should go for. I also love Estoril and have been hunting one for awhile and wish I had pulled the trigger on a clean one back in the day.
                                Last edited by simon_c; 12-15-2023, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X