X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anri View Post

Hi Digger,

The main idea of all Chassis Dyno is to find their loses and equation of how each one calculates
    the power from the engine to wheels. Ones this is determined then we will know what is the
    actual losses in percent.

Let's look at the numbers you provided under your test. I assume the E46M3s are all stock on those
    3 numbers correct ?

Factory DiN BMW AG rates the EU S54 343hp crank/BHP.

Say we take the number 243Maha RWHP an use this equation 343bhp-242rwhp=101 101 divide by 343bhp=0.29444 x 100 = 29.44%
    drive train loss. Or the easier way is 343-29.44%=242rwhp.

So basically nothing wrong with Maha Dyno at almost 30% drive train losses. But I am not sure how the Maha software will transfer
    the weather factor calibration which can be very tricky.

At 29.44% drive train loss this is absurd from any point of view..Say hypothetically we put Subaru 4x4 and what will be the
    losses on 4 wheel drive car per Maha Dyno ? What almost 40% which is again fine on its own way.

The trick... That I assume fully blown race S54 which made 344 Maha RWHP ran on what type of fuel ?

Regards,
    Anri

The main purpose of chassis dyno is to apply a load to the engine and drivetrain for tuning and provided an measure of the power / torque / tractive effort output to be able to measure a change to optimise or improve output.

I agree the actual losses are not anywhere near 30% or even a fixed % for RWD, manual transmission and street tyres. If Europeans didn't try and add some hocus pocus losses to get the crank numbers there would be one (1) less thing to argue about dynos and there enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      The main purpose of chassis dyno is to apply a load to the engine and drivetrain for tuning and provided an measure of the power / torque / tractive effort output to be able to measure a change to optimise or improve output..
      Hi Digger,

Absolutely its a tool to tune and improve the power output. But what I meant is those magic HP numbers to be accurate
      and not presented and manipulated by a software...

Those who are very familiar with what an S54 should make whit specific parts and I see a number that does not match
      then we know those numbers are brought via pure dyno falls 'Presentation'
      Few pages back there is a guy who made I don't remember exact number but something like 360rwhp on a stock engine
      we both know this is BS.

The Best HP for the Buck on std S54 is exhaust and good tune. That is were the major gains can be seen. You start adding
      cams, box, map conversion, tons of labor involved, (speaking on std engine) and then gains are not as big but the money
      are quadruple.....

Those who are not aware of, need to be reminded that making power from 3.2 NA is expensive for sure.

Regards,
      Anri

Last edited by Anri; 05-03-2021, 08:40 PM.
      https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

Originally posted by Anri View Post

Hi Digger,

Absolutely its a tool to tune and improve the power output. But what I meant is those magic HP numbers to be accurate
        and not presented in a manipulated by a software...

Those who are very familiar with what an S54 should make whit specific parts and I see a number that does not match
        then we know those numbers are brought via pure dyno falls 'Presentation'
        Few pages back there is a guy who made I don't remember exact number but something like 360rwhp on a stock engine
        we both know this is BS.

The Best HP for the Buck on std S54 is exhaust and good tune. That is were the major gains can be seen. You start adding
        cams, box, map conversion, tons of labor involved, (speaking on std engine) and then gains are not as big but the money
        are quadruple.....

Those who are not aware of need to be reminded that making power from 3.2 NA is expensive for sure.

Regards,
        Anri

actually to be useful strictly speaking it just needs to be repeatable and scalable/proportionate. Ideally it would be accurate but they are measuring different things due to lack of ability to control all required variables. Probably they should work like an water brake engine dyno where the engine is braked momentarily at different rpms which minimises the influence of the unknown inertia. Most eddy current dynos can be used to create a steady state reading which should be the same with all similar dynos.

360rwhp on a Dyncom or DJ doesnt translate to other dyno types that's for sure. Atleast with a DJ you can be almost certain that none has manipulated it and comparison with other DJ has some actual meaning. Unfortunately the DJ is not the best for actual tuning though

Comment

DJ is not the best for actual tuning though

Hi Digger,

I agree its not the best but never forget "Close Enough Is The Enemy of Perfection"

Regards,
          Anri

https://www.instagram.com/euroclassicmotors/.

www.euroclassicmotors.com

Comment

yeah they have themselves a good ole random number generator.

Dyno's are a tuning tool blah blah blah but i would advise anyone interested in seeing what their car makes to find a dynojet, as that seems to be the only consistent way remaining short of the black strip. Every tuner says their dyno is a heartbreaker and reads low they must goto the same school....lol

These other brand are dynos are good for tuning but operators can mess with a bunch of corrections to make them self look like gods when they are all just keyboard jockeys and there just isn't much to mess with to change the WOT output. There is no magic tuning where they magically unlock some previously undiscovered parameter. i mean a number of tuners or their customers have said they have calibrated their dynos to read same as a dynojet lol so they are just messing with corrections which makes numbers look better. I'm sure some aren't doing it to be deceitful.

Torque numbers are easily frigged if the rpm axis is wrong which it seems to be all too often on most brand dynos.
            A bit late to the game but I thought I would clarify what is happening with their dynojet dyno. The winpep 7 boards fail and at this point the winpep 7 stack is considered a mature architecture so dynojet does not support it anymore. In the past they would fix them and they would send them on their way. Currently the only fix is them selling a winpep 8 stack to their customers. The issue with winpep 8 is that it has some sort of a calibration / scaling issue so the numbers are off. This is a well know problem unfortunately. The bigger name guys have already complained to dynojet, but there is no resolution as of yet.

Comment

Just got tuned - 330 WHP by HTE at EAS:

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20210622_145828.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	111741

| 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

That's my boy right there, was this today?

What was before tune whp?
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                  That's my boy right there, was this today?

What was before tune whp?
                  Hey Bud, it was 289 prior, this was on June 5th but I was in there today for a retune since i relocated my IAT (9am)

Dude, Steve is the man, his E36 is nuts
                  | 06 6 Speed Vert - JB on Cinnamon| Beisan | ACL Rod Bearings | ST Sway Bar | TMS CSL Box | Megan headers | H.T.E Tune | 550 Injectors | OEM Section 1, 2, 3| 200 Cell Cats | OEM SSK | Bilstein B12| 712 yellow tag |

Comment

Bruh you got 40 from a tune?

He's a savage.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                      Bruh you got 40 from a tune?

He's a savage.
                      lol I wish, I have a Turner box, headers, high flow cats

Comment

Just got my car on a Mustang dyno yesterday. Three pulls showed it making around 288 whp. I’ll admit I know very little about these machines, but understand that they all put out different numbers. Aaand of course I didn’t do any kind of stock baseline before some of the bolt ons I added over the winter.

- Fabspeed Headers
                        - Evolve Tune
                        - 200 Cell Highflow
                        - SS Xpipe
                        - Eventuri Intake

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post
                          Just got my car on a Mustang dyno yesterday. Three pulls showed it making around 288 whp. I’ll admit I know very little about these machines, but understand that they all put out different numbers. Aaand of course I didn’t do any kind of stock baseline before some of the bolt ons I added over the winter.

- Fabspeed Headers
                          - Evolve Tune
                          - 200 Cell Highflow
                          - SS Xpipe
                          - Eventuri Intake

Nice, thanx for posting! Yeah, it's nearly impossible to compare graph's from one type of dyno to another (w/the exception of maybe DJ's), or even load type dyno's (such as the Mustang), because the load can be varied and skew the numbers. Getting a baseline and sticking to the same machine is the only way to have any hope of measuring results vs. mods.

Comment

If you are going to do a power run only (I.e. no actual tuning or before and after ) it’s a waste of money on anything but a dyno jet imo

Comment

Yeah I didn’t know that- but it makes sense. I get that there’s more variables- but dynojet would be better for comparison with others. I’ll be looking for another place that has dynojet before summer is over

Comment

Originally posted by Doost View Post
                                Yeah I didn’t know that- but it makes sense. I get that there’s more variables- but dynojet would be better for comparison with others. I’ll be looking for another place that has dynojet before summer is over
                                Yeah, that would be best, most DJ's are within a couple percent of each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X