This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 E46 M3 - 169k miles
    Karbonius CSL airbox w/ carbon snorkel (Stock CSL IAT in original location)
    Euro Headers and Section 1
    Supersprint Race Section 3
    Kassel Performance MSS54HP Full CSL hardware/firmware conversion
    Kassel Performance ECU tune
    Kassel Performance MAP sensor kit
    91 octane

Recent Maintenance:
    Rebuilt VANOS w/ Beisan exhaust hub
    Rod bearings replaced with ACL bearings
    New o2 sensors and spark plugs

345whp, 271wtq - Mustang Dyno
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dyno_stance.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.1 KB ID:	258584
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dynoplot2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.9 KB ID:	258585
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marksae; 03-21-2024, 05:46 PM.
    2004 Alpine White / Cinnamon E46 M3 6MT
    1993 Brilliant Black FD Rx7
    IG: @gearheadtwins

Comment

Nice. I'll be running close to the same setup except a full SS 63.5MM headers-to-exhaust (Dinan Section 3). Excited to see how it performs before cams.

Comment

Looking for feedback on this run:
        • Trace looks lumpy 4500-5500 vs other smooth traces here, but car seems to run fine.
        • Power tapers off at 7000RPM
        I always felt Kassel 'phoned it in' during the remote dyno tuning. I was renting dyno time and Kassel took a loooong time between runs to get back to the tuner because they were busy with other customers...which got.. expensive. Does this all look normal to you?

S54
        Rebuilt S54 in E36 chassis
        Cat 280/272 cams
        Stepped headers
        E46 Section 2 w added resonator mid pipe
        E46 Section 3 with Borla thru X muffler exhaust
        Z3 Airbox

Click image for larger version  Name:	M3 S54 Mustang Dyno RS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	260339

Thanks.
        Last edited by StrangeC; 04-06-2024, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Car: Australian (right hand drive, Euro-spec) E86 Z4M Coupe, 28,000km for 'stage 1' and 40,000km by the time I got to ‘stage 3’.

Chart 1: stock versus ‘stage 1’ of Supersprint V1 stepped headers and cat’d s-pipe and a tune by Severn which included data logging on the street and multiple revisions (this is the sixth iteration of the tune). Note that the V1 headers do not clear the steering shaft for RHD cars, so the workshop modified them to fit. Not sure how much worse they are after modification, but they did still make more power high in the rev range than the already very nice Euro-spec headers, even without a tune.

More description here:
          ​https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816109

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021 Mar - stock vs headers and tune 6_SML.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.2 KB ID:	267499

Chart 2: re-baseline dyno of stage 1 vs ‘stage 2’, which was the addition of SS x-pipe, Powerloop mufflers and an Eventuri intake. No re-tune for stage 2.

More description here:​
          https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1868864

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021 Jun - Header tune 6 vs full exhaust intake and T6_SML.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	267500

Chart 3: re-baseline of stage 2 but with the SS x-pipe removed (the rasp and drone were too much for me), the addition of the Karbonius OE style plenum and heavier wheels (BBS RG-Rs, which are about 1kg heavier each than the Advans I had on for the previous dyno runs) versus Karbonius CSL ‘race’ intake and Severn alpha-n tune based on quite a lot of data logging on the street and fine-tuning on the dyno (exhaust mods the same as stage 2).

I changed dynos for these runs simply because it was closer to where I live. Also, I had to superimpose the revs x-axis from a different chart, so it looks a bit funny.

More description here:
          ​https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2100583

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSL intake vs SS exhaust Eventuri and Karb plenum - Apr 2024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.1 KB ID:	267501

Adding it all up results in about 17% power gain versus stock – see the summary table below. I have to say I’m tempted to do a cam upgrade but the cost is really high and I haven’t found any dyno charts showing the change just from 280/272 camshafts (happy to be corrected if someone can point me in the right direction). I have seen a dyno for 288/280 cams, but the gains were only from around 6,800rpm and I would really want power and torque increases lower than that or I would never notice.​ I'd love to see a dyno chart showing the change from 280/272 cams alone if anyone has one to share.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Power gains table.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	267502
          Last edited by ///MBan; 06-09-2024, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Is the last graph values at the crank?

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
              Is the last graph values at the crank?
              No - they're all measured at the wheels, without correction to calculate crank hp.

Comment

Originally posted by ///MBan View Post
                Car: Australian (right hand drive, Euro-spec) E86 Z4M Coupe, 28,000km for 'stage 1' and 40,000km by the time I got to ‘stage 3’.

Chart 1: stock versus ‘stage 1’ of Supersprint V1 stepped headers and cat’d s-pipe and a tune by Severn which included data logging on the street and multiple revisions (this is the sixth iteration of the tune). Note that the V1 headers do not clear the steering shaft for RHD cars, so the workshop modified them to fit. Not sure how much worse they are after modification, but they did still make more power high in the rev range than the already very nice Euro-spec headers, even without a tune.

More description here:
                ​https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816109

Click image for larger version Name:	2021 Mar - stock vs headers and tune 6_SML.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.2 KB ID:	267499

Chart 2: re-baseline dyno of stage 1 vs ‘stage 2’, which was the addition of SS x-pipe, Powerloop mufflers and an Eventuri intake. No re-tune for stage 2.

More description here:​
                https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1868864

Click image for larger version Name:	2021 Jun - Header tune 6 vs full exhaust intake and T6_SML.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	267500

Chart 3: re-baseline of stage 2 but with the SS x-pipe removed (the rasp and drone were too much for me), the addition of the Karbonius OE style plenum and heavier wheels (BBS RG-Rs, which are about 1kg heavier each than the Advans I had on for the previous dyno runs) versus Karbonius CSL ‘race’ intake and Severn alpha-n tune based on quite a lot of data logging on the street and fine-tuning on the dyno (exhaust mods the same as stage 2).

I changed dynos for these runs simply because it was closer to where I live. Also, I had to superimpose the revs x-axis from a different chart, so it looks a bit funny.

More description here:
                ​https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2100583

Click image for larger version Name:	CSL intake vs SS exhaust Eventuri and Karb plenum - Apr 2024.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.1 KB ID:	267501

Adding it all up results in about 17% power gain versus stock – see the summary table below. I have to say I’m tempted to do a cam upgrade but the cost is really high and I haven’t found any dyno charts showing the change just from 280/272 camshafts (happy to be corrected if someone can point me in the right direction). I have seen a dyno for 288/280 cams, but the gains were only from around 6,800rpm and I would really want power and torque increases lower than that or I would never notice.​ I'd love to see a dyno chart showing the change from 280/272 cams alone if anyone has one to share.

Click image for larger version Name:	Power gains table.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	267502
                I personally don't think cams are worth it but 280/272s do make more torque in the powerband than stock. They feel crazy strong past 4K RPM. That being said, your money is better spent elsewhere (weight reduction, wheels, suspension, seats.)
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

I personally don't think cams are worth it but 280/272s do make more torque in the powerband than stock. They feel crazy strong past 4K RPM. That being said, your money is better spent elsewhere (weight reduction, wheels, suspension, seats.)
                  Thanks - I appreciate the response and I am leaning away from cams at the moment. I have wheels and suspension sorted, but seats are certainly something I've considered if I can get them exactly how I want. I'm also thinking about a higher final drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ///MBan View Post

Thanks - I appreciate the response and I am leaning away from cams at the moment. I have wheels and suspension sorted, but seats are certainly something I've considered if I can get them exactly how I want. I'm also thinking about a higher final drive.
                    Oh yeah, the diff. That's more important than any of the other stuff I listed. Gears + an upgraded LSD really make the car come alive in terms of driving dynamics and handling.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Dyno10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.2 KB ID:	270218
                      HTE tune,
                      Streamline/Haimus carbon airbox
                      Bosch 550cc injectors
                      Catcam 280/272 cams
                      Custom Performance Stepped headers, OEM euro cats & section 2, Eisenmann Sport section 3
                      4.1 diff

Aprox 312 at the wheels, roughly 370-ish at the crank.

Hassan did a phenomenal job live tuning it on the dyno, lambda is very good and car runs very nicely. Allegedly the mustang dynos in Europe are very strict when it comes to reported power.

Regards
                      Last edited by Mr.wReckless; 06-30-2024, 12:15 PM.

Comment

336whp / 255lb-ft on my ~80K mile engine.

Mods:
                        - CSL Airbox (Haimus)
                        - 280/272 Cat Cams
                        - Euro/CSL Style Headers
                        - Dinan High Flow TBs
                        - Eisenmann Muffler
                        - TMS Pullies
                        - Mishimoto Electric Fan
                        - RK Tunes / Alpha-N
                        - 93 Octane (various)
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Advorsor; 08-12-2024, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advorsor View Post
                          336whp / 255lb-ft on my ~80K mile engine.

Mods:
                          - CSL Airbox (Haimus)
                          - 280/272 Cat Cams
                          - Euro/CSL Style Headers
                          - Dinan High Flow TBs
                          - Eisenmann Muffler
                          - TMS Pullies
                          - Mishimoto Electric Fan
                          - RK Tunes / Alpha-N
                          - 93 Octane (various)
                          More out of curiosity than anything, isn't this setup capable of much more? Is the limiting factor the tune? Or exhaust too restricting? Is this capable of 350+?

Comment

Originally posted by fourmula1 View Post

More out of curiosity than anything, isn't this setup capable of much more? Is the limiting factor the tune? Or exhaust too restricting? Is this capable of 350+?
                            Its probably the exhaust setup.. Its very Frankenstein-like. I'm also pretty sure I have an exhaust leak somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                            X