No announcement yet.

Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to Sean K at Turner this morning. I gave him my photos, described my problem, and he's going to show them to the R&D team and get back to me.

Comment

Well my ICV connector is now unglued. The other two JB welded connectors seem to be holding pretty well. Also, shaved down the oil return/vent hose connector and it now clips in nice and snug.
      Pro tip: buy the resealable JB clear weld.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
        Well my ICV connector is now unglued. The other two JB welded connectors seem to be holding pretty well. Also, shaved down the oil return/vent hose connector and it now clips in nice and snug.
        Pro tip: buy the resealable JB clear weld.
        I suggest you get in touch with Turner about the cabin filter housing clearance. I think it will go better for us if more of us are showing that we have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You don't want their tune.
          Elaborate

Comment

So i bent the horseshoe bracket about 3/8” down on both front and back. Now i have about 4mm clearance from airbox to cabin filter housing. I also filed down the cabin housing underside about 1.5mm in the area it was rubbing before. Hopefully this is enough to prevent rubbing.

also, measuring the strut brace to airbox i now have about 9mm clearance which is about 4-5mm more than before.
            Last edited by jk715; 06-16-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
              So i bent the horseshoe bracket about 3/8” down on both front and back.
              Could you post a picture of your TB to trumpets connection? They have to be as close to collinear, otherwise you will get a kink or "step" between them that will negatively affect the airflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You don't want their tune.
                IIRC he used OEM CSL DME. build journal doesnt have a tune for the carbon airbox.
                • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                • Supersprint
                • KW V3
                • 996 Brembo
                • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

IIRC he used OEM CSL DME. build journal doesnt have a tune for the carbon airbox.
                  On their website it says it's a bspec tune with a later model dme.

Comment

Originally posted by Tones View Post

On their website it says it's a bspec tune with a later model dme.
                    interesting, i was looking at their ig post and someone asked in the comments what tune and he said oem csl dme...
                    • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                    • Supersprint
                    • KW V3
                    • 996 Brembo
                    • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

interesting, i was looking at their ig post and someone asked in the comments what tune and he said oem csl dme...
                      That's bananas. This would suggest my car should be making somewhere in the realm of 330-340 whp on 91 without a tune? I'm running catless, euro headers, Turner CSL box, stock CSL tune. No way.
                      Last edited by ATB88; 06-17-2020, 08:34 AM.

Comment

How much did y'all pay thru the GB? It's $1.275 + tax ($1,380) if I get it directly from Turner. Also, does it come with all of the parts shown on page three of this install guide?

http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3...stallation.pdf
                        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                          How much did y'all pay thru the GB? It's $1.275 + tax ($1,380) if I get it directly from Turner. Also, does it come with all of the parts shown on page three of this install guide?

The group buy was $1275 shipped. That price at Turner does not include the parts in your link, they also sell the airbox with parts. I would highly suggest ditching the traditional style hose clamps they include in their parts kit in favor of OE clamps. However you will need to buy two $15 tools to install two different style OE clamps.
                          Most people that just do hose clamps but I like the OE clamps. They look cleaner, they won't loosen up over time, you don't have to worry about interference with the throttle linkage and also I would imagine they provide a better overall fit as hose clamps sometimes do not provide a constant pressure around the circumference of the object the are installed on.
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

I believe that price is for the intake only. The kit is like 1699 or something.

funny how the complete pic at the end is missing the strut bar and the wiper cowl tray

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

That's bananas. This would suggest my car should be making somewhere in the realm of 330-340 whp on 91 without a tune? I'm running catless, euro headers, Turner CSL box, stock CSL tune. No way.
                              U know when I saw the dyno results my mind was blown , something like 57 hp gain from the Airbox , tune and headers.. it wasn’t adding up, and I’m not sure what’s going on.
                              • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                              • Supersprint
                              • KW V3
                              • 996 Brembo
                              • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Working...
                              X