Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by su45 View Post
    Do we think these issues will get resolved with stronger epoxy in a subsequent version or is it more of a fundamental issue with the TMS box just being poorly-designed overall? Did the Karbonius or Evolve boxes have these issues when they were first released?

Seems like every bung, port, pin, etc is flimsy on this thing. Was going to hold out for maybe the V3 but perhaps I should just get a Karb...
    I would be confident Turner will resolve these issues. Seem pretty common as new products like this come up.

I wasn't around when Karb started the S54 airbox, but I swear I've read they had growing pains too. I know they've also had some issues with their recently released S65 plenum, but were quick to work on fixing those.

Comment

What's R&D?
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        What's R&D?
        Oh I know this answer.
        What’s the name of the department eliminated by ESC Tuning when they bought Turner Motorsport.

sorry just playin 😜
        Last edited by old///MFanatic; 11-14-2020, 01:33 PM.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

When was that acquisition? That one skipped past me. I remember drooling in pit row over the TMS entry in a local Gran Prix a few years back. Apparently they're not the same company anymore.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
            When was that acquisition? That one skipped past me. I remember drooling in pit row over the TMS entry in a local Gran Prix a few years back. Apparently they're not the same company anymore.

maw
            Turner sold off their parts division to ECS (well, to the private equity company that holds the ECS, Pelican, etc. brands) but kept their motorsports program. So Turner now is the racing team, Turner the parts company is a brand owned by ECS.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
              maw
              https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo.../141044/page1/

Back in 2015.
              I was just joking about R&D but according to this article (if still correct) they did "dissolve the in-house R&D and production, boasting their plans to send manufacturing to the same Chinese and Mexican companies ECS was already outsoursing to."
              Last edited by old///MFanatic; 11-16-2020, 08:53 PM.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

It sort of makes sense to sell off the parts business... PE companies were paying gobs of money for auto parts businesses back then... eliminating the R&D function of the parts business you just bought makes vastly less sense... but PE companies haven't made much sense to me in over 10 years... "more money than brains" out there since the Great Recession opened the monetary flood gates at the Fed.

Thanks guys. Carry on,

maw

Comment

Originally posted by Ob917 View Post
                  Does anybody have advice on IAT placement, is there a spot that works better than the normal location at the front of the box? My IAT needs to be modified to fit anyway so using a different spot doesn’t matter, if there is any benefit to be had. 🤷🏼‍♂️
                  I used to run the IAT in the stock location and moved to the snorkel with a zip tie after noticing timing being pulled when temps reached a certain threshold. Didn’t notice anything till i had it out on track though. Also running map sensor/csl programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates or should I just got Karb? I'm after the most sound but also obviously don't want it to have issues down the line.

Comment

My V2 replacement box is due to ship tomorrow, so can't comment yet..

Comment

Originally posted by E46 M3 View Post
                        Any updates or should I just got Karb? I'm after the most sound but also obviously don't want it to have issues down the line.
                        you already know the answer

Comment

The issues with this box is what swayed me to getting the eventuri intake. I’ll sit on it for now and when Turner /ecs get the issues sort out I’ll jump ship.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

you already know the answer
                            If my V2 doesn't have issues I would enthusiastically recommend it over Karb. It's nearly $1000 less once you take the snorkel situation into account. Remains to be seen, sure, but definitely not a foregone conclusion at this point.

Comment

If the V2 or V3 (lol) turn out to fix any flaws, this could be a great product for the platform. Makes a carbon air box a no brainer for this price.
                              '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Think I might pull the trigger and see how the V2 is. Worst comes to worst I can return it.
                                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X