X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sina View Post

It's the scoop from an Eventuri intake.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4...-e46-m3-scoop/
    Ah, very nice. I might have try to make one somehow, however something tells me it won't look quite as nice.

Edit: I just bought one, found it for $185, my god this needs to stop, electronic transactions are far to fast and easy.
    Last edited by Cubieman; 04-07-2021, 10:14 PM.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Ah, very nice. I might have try to make one somehow, however something tells me it won't look quite as nice.

Edit: I just bought one, found it for $185, my god this needs to stop, electronic transactions are far to fast and easy.
      Let me know how you like it. I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Comment

This scope really nice working, even with stock intake temp goes down for 5-8 celsius

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
          Round number two! Replacement air box installed, time will tell if the pins hold up. Fingers crossed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AE0E150A-C3D4-491B-A85D-B5AF7D897A0F.jpeg
Views:	1257
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	97350
          What clamps are those?

2005 ZCP SMG ///M3

Comment

I know copying is rampant out there, but I find it pretty lousy that ECS/Turner started carrying Karbonius airboxes, then immediately came out with their own? Thumbs down in my book. I love competition and stuff that helps the community, but blatant ripoffs are just poor form. Sorry, I'd spend the extra money and get Karbonius' latest full carbon box with their new trumpets if I was doing it again. All my Karbonius products have held up perfectly and I've always had an amazing experience with them over the last several years. I have their airbox, trim, csl center console, csl door panels, csl rear seat consoles, and some other stuff.

IND has some airbox, filter, and snorkel kits in stock since the Evolve/Eventuri airbox was discontinued:
            Karbonius-Kit_1024x1024.jpg IND is proud to welcome some of the best carbon BMW products available to​ our catalog with Karbonius Composites. *LIMITED STOCK* The BMW E46 M3 CSL is one of the most famous and mythical cars in the world, and part of the success is due it's carbon airbox. The intake generates what is probably

Comment

Originally posted by C///M View Post
              I know copying is rampant out there, but I find it pretty lousy that ECS/Turner started carrying Karbonius airboxes, then immediately came out with their own? Thumbs down in my book. I love competition and stuff that helps the community, but blatant ripoffs are just poor form. Sorry, I'd spend the extra money and get Karbonius' latest full carbon box with their new trumpets if I was doing it again. All my Karbonius products have held up perfectly and I've always had an amazing experience with them over the last several years. I have their airbox, trim, csl center console, csl door panels, csl rear seat consoles, and some other stuff.

IND has some airbox, filter, and snorkel kits in stock since the Evolve/Eventuri airbox was discontinued:
              Karbonius-Kit_1024x1024.jpg IND is proud to welcome some of the best carbon BMW products available to​ our catalog with Karbonius Composites. *LIMITED STOCK* The BMW E46 M3 CSL is one of the most famous and mythical cars in the world, and part of the success is due it's carbon airbox. The intake generates what is probably

This is a hypocritical statement, as the Karbonius box is as close to you can get to oem, minus the trumpets. By your reasoning, the Karb box if anything is the most “blatant ripoff” in terms of design.

TMS has a totally different design, no snorkel, no flap. Did they use a Karb box as a benchmark or a reference point? Probably, but I’m sure Karb used an oem box as a reference point at some point during development, so complaining about one company using ideas from another’s product is redundant. It literally happens in every industry.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

This is a hypocritical statement, as the Karbonius box is as close to you can get to oem, minus the trumpets. By your reasoning, the Karb box if anything is the most “blatant ripoff” in terms of design.

TMS has a totally different design, no snorkel, no flap. Did they use a Karb box as a benchmark or a reference point? Probably, but I’m sure Karb used an oem box as a reference point at some point during development, so complaining about one company using ideas from another’s product is redundant. It literally happens in every industry.
                You are incorrect.

When Karbonius first got their hands on an OE box to build their original tooling, the OE Die Wethje airbox was no longer being produced and incredibly hard to find. The were essentially giving the community access to parts that BMW wasn't selling anymore. Fast forward and they continually upgraded their boxes over the years making all sorts of different versions and redesigning their trumpets.

ECS literally got a Karbonius airbox, removed the OE snorkel mount, used it to create their own mold and just added a large trumpet to where the OE snorkel ring mount is located. All while making a vastly inferior product with a ton of problems that was obviously cheaper.

If you can't see the difference, you're exemplifying the problem with the industry.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FAB2E9F-BF27-4D8A-9CD5-59D24D1BEFC4.jpeg
Views:	814
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	97824 Click image for larger version

Name:	28B8BFCA-4D93-4BE5-AC1E-EEBD6924803E.jpeg
Views:	816
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	97825
                  Originally posted by Will ZCPM3 View Post

What clamps are those?
                  These. https://www.phase2motortrend.com/category-s/205.htm
                  Last edited by Thonas; 04-09-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Two week update. Pins are still attached to the box but I am experiencing a bit of cracking around the rear pin hole which is drilled very close to the edge. That leads me to ask all of the engineers on the forum to come up with a better way to attach the bottom. The pins cannot be the best option. what about something like two grommets attached with a removable clip, band or something that you could reach underneath the box. Thanks!!

Comment

Those look nice and would be much easier than the OE clamps, but I would worry about them interfering with the throttle linkage.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Those look nice and would be much easier than the OE clamps, but I would worry about them interfering with the throttle linkage.
                        no interference at all.

Comment

Two week update. Pins are still attached to the box but I am experiencing a bit of cracking around the rear pin hole which is drilled very close to the edge. That leads me to ask all of the engineers on the forum to come up with a better way to attach the bottom. The pins cannot be the best option. what about something like two grommets attached with a removable clip, band or something that you could reach underneath the box. Thanks!!
                          Two small slots in the main airbox instead of the pins, then correlating tabs on the snorkel section that would click into the slots. The snorkel would be slid in with the bottom lower than the airbox and tilted a bit, once the tabs are lined up, lift the snorkel up and tilt it into place to attach the top screws. Basically, how any electronic control box (like the fuse box) is connected where one side "hooks" in, and the other side clips in or is screwed down.

Comment

Thats not what I want to hear ffs, I hope it doesnt translate to a worse condition.
                            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

On the topic of clamps, I'm trying out these (on my stock box). You do have to position the worm in different orientation for #4 to avoid interference, but they fit nicely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                                On the topic of clamps, I'm trying out these (on my stock box). You do have to position the worm in different orientation for #4 to avoid interference, but they fit nicely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I did them same for my stock clamps. They work well and are easy when you dont have the proper tool for the stock units.

Comment

Working...
                                X