Turner Motorsport CSL Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anders93 View Post

I'm guessing it's because the CSL used the old style boots? The airbox I received had the Turner silicon boots and hose clamps included, so maybe people with 2003.5+ cars won't need to purchase anything. I just wanted to reuse my OEM boots.
    We designed the box using all original CSL parts, so the boots are the older style. The base box kit includes the Turner silicone boots and clamps so cars after 3.5 will have the boots they need.

Comment

I was hoping the induction noise of this intake will be similar to stock CSL that I've heard online, but it seems a lot quieter than stock CSL? I barely hear it even at high rpms, I do have Dinan exhaust which isn't crazy loud. I probably need to hear it outside the car lol!

Comment

Originally posted by avusblue View Post
        I was hoping the induction noise of this intake will be similar to stock CSL that I've heard online, but it seems a lot quieter than stock CSL? I barely hear it even at high rpms, I do have Dinan exhaust which isn't crazy loud. I probably need to hear it outside the car lol!
        I think the mics pick up the frequency of the airbox noise better than most others and it gets exaggerated. Could also be the box and the way the inside is shaped.

Originally posted by BIllybilly2 View Post

We designed the box using all original CSL parts, so the boots are the older style. The base box kit includes the Turner silicone boots and clamps so cars after 3.5 will have the boots they need.
        Why did you guys change the velocity stacks? Was it simply copyright or is there a performance purpose?
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I installed a V2 airbox this weekend. I want to figure out if these issues are unique to me or if other people are having problems as well.

1 - The airbox does not clear the stock strut bar. I had to modify the u-bracket underneath by elongating the mounting hole as well as bending the arms in order to get the airbox low enough for around 6mm of clearance.

2 - The unfiltered detachable part came on and off easily before I lowered the airbox (during the original test fit), but afterwards the bell mouth contacts the engine bay before the pins can clear their holes. I have to pretty forcefully pull up on the filtered section of the airbox to get enough clearance to remove it. Even then, it's pretty difficult.
          After a bunch more fitting and refitting, I was able to remediate 2 by bending the u-bracket up. The unfiltered section now comes on and off relatively smoothly. The trumpet still makes contact with the engine bay in order to get it off, but atleast I don't have to pull up on the filtered section. However, I have 2mm of space between the airbox and strut bar. I could run it like this, but I have a hard time seeing how it won't contact the strut bar. I've emailed Turner twice to ask for recommendations for clearance, but no response in almost 2 weeks.

Comment

After a bunch more fitting and refitting, I was able to remediate 2 by bending the u-bracket up. The unfiltered section now comes on and off relatively smoothly. The trumpet still makes contact with the engine bay in order to get it off, but atleast I don't have to pull up on the filtered section. However, I have 2mm of space between the airbox and strut bar. I could run it like this, but I have a hard time seeing how it won't contact the strut bar. I've emailed Turner twice to ask for recommendations for clearance, but no response in almost 2 weeks.
            I put some spacers on the 4 studs to raise the strut bar a little to fix this, no issues so far.

Comment

*unsubscribed*

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                *unsubscribed*
                For real. Karbonius or Evolve are calling my name.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

There's an old saying guys...'you get what you pay for'...and I've found it to be pretty much true in life and when it comes to buying parts for this car-lol

Comment

Are you using the early style intake boots or the Turner boots?

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

I think the mics pick up the frequency of the airbox noise better than most others and it gets exaggerated. Could also be the box and the way the inside is shaped.

Why did you guys change the velocity stacks? Was it simply copyright or is there a performance purpose?
                      We changed it for better airflow, and when we where talking about what box to make we didn't want to make just another rep box.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        *unsubscribed*
                        Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

For real. Karbonius or Evolve are calling my name.
                        Originally posted by stash1 View Post
                        There's an old saying guys...'you get what you pay for'...and I've found it to be pretty much true in life and when it comes to buying parts for this car-lol
                        I feel bad too, because they're being responsive with fixing issues and there's even an employee posting in this thread. But man, another couple months of R&D to wrap it up would have saved them a lot of time and headache LOL.
                        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                          I feel bad too, because they're being responsive with fixing issues and there's even an employee posting in this thread. But man, another couple months of R&D to wrap it up would have saved them a lot of time and headache LOL.
                          I tell people, “if you get the service right, we can have a conversation around price or maybe not. If you don’t get the service right, there’s no price at which that works.”

maw

Comment

To be fair I also remember Karbonius having their fair share of issues at the start, and issues always slip through occasionally, but they've been great at dealing with it. So far Turner have been responding well imo so I'm not too concerned. Also appreciate them doing something different than another identical csl rep.

Comment

I'm wondering, did turner develop this intake on engines with new motor mounts? Or very good condition ones? Or should the consumer check to see if their motor mounts aren't failed? Could this cause fitment issues based on design? Just a thought, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                                I'm wondering, did turner develop this intake on engines with new motor mounts? Or very good condition ones? Or should the consumer check to see if their motor mounts aren't failed? Could this cause fitment issues based on design? Just a thought, I could be wrong.
                                This was developed on my car and the M3 we gave away, my car had 2k miles on OE motor mounts and the giveaway car was on brand new ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X