No announcement yet.

Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have rear Porsche calipers and used Textar, I had to use the rubberized backing plate from the brembo ceramics I had and it stopped the squealing completely. Textar pads make dust, but break very well with good feel, modulation and power.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmans View Post

I need an answer here too, I'm using DS2500 and they are INSANELY loud and horrible. I don't know if I'm missing some magic trick here to get them to even shut up a little bit.
      I agree, the DS2500's are loud! have you driven on track with them? Can they handle track duty without overheating?

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

I agree, the DS2500's are loud! have you driven on track with them? Can they handle track duty without overheating?
        They will fade slightly when pushed, and start to be consumed quickly. Also — wash that red dust off ASAP. It can be a pain to remove.

If you’re doing more than 1-2 track days a year, I would just run race pads. I’ve been down this road before.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

They did good for me. They are quite loud though. I bought a set of akebono front pads to swap in. the rear ds2500s make no noise. I will also say that the VHT high temp paint did not stand up to the track temps in my case. The black dust melted into the clear. Now my yellow calipers, just look dirty when up close.

Comment

Step 1 is admitting you have a problem.

eventually one of these sets will make it onto my car Click image for larger version

Name:	C1D14287-F7AA-442E-9295-E5D004248F29.jpeg
Views:	563
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	128723
            2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

I wore out a new set of DS2500s in 2 days on track. Not up to the task.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Just curious, I have the stock E46 M3 ZCP Calipers and Rotors, if I decided to get a set of 996 Calipers, is there a specific Brembo Part number for those or is it best to look for a set of rebuilt and painted calipers that say Brembo and not Porsche. I'm thinking of adding some performance to the Brakes on my M3 ZCP and I was thinking AP racing or Brembo for the stock 345mmX28 Rotors, but this 996 Conversion sounds tempting, since it seems like a good and less expensive route than a $ 7000 or $8000 full BBK conversion. Tried looking in the Classifieds, but couldn't find a set. Basically looking for something that wouldn't be too complicated to install.

Comment

Everything you need, is in the OP
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Silbergrau metallic here is a member that has multiple Brembo 996 BBK kits for sale.

I've watched a few Brintech Customs YT videos (they did the weight comparison between S54/S65/S85) and discovered they have a BBK kit for the E46 M3. Six piston / 365mm fronts and four piston / 350mm rear. No idea what the bias is. They machine their own caliper brackets and rotor hats. Rotors are DBA brand and pads are Bendix

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-29-2021, 07:58 PM.
                    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                    Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                    Evolve Eventuri
                    - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

anyone try other rotors other than ZCP replacements? like DBA or PFC? Just asking out of curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
                        anyone try other rotors other than ZCP replacements? like DBA or PFC? Just asking out of curiosity.
                        Tough sell with FCP selling ZCP rotors.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i
                        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEFEFD81-345E-4BFF-B2E0-DD7671B52338.jpeg
Views:	619
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	129548
                          Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
                          Silbergrau metallic here is a member that has multiple Brembo 996 BBK kits for sale.

I've watched a few Brintech Customs YT videos (they did the weight comparison between S54/S65/S85) and discovered they have a BBK kit for the E46 M3. Six piston / 365mm fronts and four piston / 350mm rear. No idea what the bias is. They machine their own caliper brackets and rotor hats. Rotors are DBA brand and pads are Bendix

Hey that’s me! Lol, I’m like man that picture looks familiar haha

yes I have (2) full sets of 996 front and rear. 996.351.425 and .426 are the correct fronts you need, everything is at the front page of this post!

electric yellow (not machined yet)
                          bright green (I believe the rears are sold, should get payment soon) fronts are machined and I have the rally road brackets on hand.

I followed this post for the part numbers, sourced individually all the new pieces, a second set came for sale at that time so I just bought two of everything and got the second calipers too to have them redone.

feel free to PM me with any questions, I’ll try to answer but most these guys on here would be better able to answer I’m sure!
                          2006 ILB | M-Texture

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Tough sell with FCP selling ZCP rotors.
                            yea lifetime is hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post

yea lifetime is hard to beat.
                              Agreed. I ran both ECS (lasted like 10 track days) and PFC front rotors (going in 11 track days and almost done) with aggressive pads (PFC08). I’ll be switching to FCP ZCP as soon as these PFCs wear out…

Comment

what car does the Pad D738 come off of? I plan to buy my pads off FCP Euro as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X