Porsche Brembo 996 BBK conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post

Yup for me it did not clear, It was awfully close though, and I was using 12.5mm. 15mm for me was the minimum. Good luck!
    Good to know. I was already leaning towards 15mm or 17.5mm spacers.
    2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Good to know. I was already leaning towards 15mm or 17.5mm spacers.
      15 is perfect. unless you want somethng wider, but imho 15 is the one.
      • 2006 AW/IR Manual
      • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
      • Supersprint
      • KW V3
      • 996 Brembo
      • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Originally posted by SWRT_M3 View Post

From what I recall based on the old M3forum.net info, you will need a 3mm or 5mm spacer up front to be in the clear. I suggest you go with a 5mm spacer. Am sure Tbonem3 will chime in soon.
        I think you're bang on. I'm e32 and it barely clears so while 3mm would just do it (35-32=3), I think 5mm is better.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by pawa_k2001 View Post
          Kind of late since I already orderd all the parts.

Will the Porsche Brembo calipers clear ARC8 18x9.5 ET35 front wheel?
          I have ARC8 18x9 ET30 up front and it's really really close with 5mm when I test fitted it. Apex told me 5mm was the minimum needed to run my front wheels with the Porsche conversion.

Comment

Doing this conversion as my quarantine project, and I ordered two rear crossover pipes. However, despite ordering two different part numbers, I received two identical pipes. Can anyone confirm which one of these is wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_054019.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	20327
            '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
            '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
            '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
            '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2816.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	20379

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
              Doing this conversion as my quarantine project, and I ordered two rear crossover pipes. However, despite ordering two different part numbers, I received two identical pipes. Can anyone confirm which one of these is wrong?
              Looks like you have two rear right pieces. These are what I received.

996-352-961 is "left" and 996-352-962 is "right"
              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2816.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	20379

Looks like you have two rear right pieces. These are what I received.

996-352-961 is "left" and 996-352-962 is "right"
                Noted, thanks!
                '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

I went thru the same thing when I ordered a new crossover line from FCP.

Originally posted by bassel_sy View Post
                  As for the brackets, I used RR for the rear, and I did not have to grind the bolts down at all, it fit flush no issues, used CM for the front.
                  The RR brackets on the front require grinding to fit, the rear brackets do not.
                  Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-04-2020, 04:25 PM.
                  TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                  Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                  Evolve Eventuri
                  - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Finally got around to spraying mine today! All the parts are here except rear rebuild kit (which first one never shipped via amazon) then second one I think I ordered wrong after a few beers one night idk.. So hopefully the correct rebuild kits will be here Saturday.. This has been a nice fun project to do without the entire car being torn apart for a couple weeks. I thoroughly enjoy getting to tear into a part of a vehicle Ive never fully comprehend before. Same went for the SMG to manual swap, and the vanos... Now if I can work up the balls to do the rod bearings.

​​
                    Last edited by HDdave; 05-06-2020, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Looks Good! I feel the same way about the Rod Bearings.
                      Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Which caliper adapter should I go with?

I have only seen pictures of the Rally Road and Creations Motorsport options. Maybe someone actually had their hands on both options at some point and can give me an educated recommendation?

Btw, I have already got the calipers machined locally by a friend of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

I have only seen pictures of the Rally Road and Creations Motorsport options. Maybe someone actually had their hands on both options at some point and can give me an educated recommendation?

The Rally Road adapter is the most widely adopted. No issues that I have seen reported from using them. I'd go with them for peace of mind.

People have reported issues with the CM SS lines, not sure about the adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Bracket Battle!
                            CreationsMotorsports (ECS) vs. RallyRoad

Only have done fronts. RR felt lighter in my hand so I wanted to see if it was real. It is! 26.24oz vs. 14.63oz, almost half!
                            *Note - CM take a 6pt 14mm socket where RR take a 12 point deepwell 13mm socket!

CM

RR

Winner Winner....Less Weight. 😎
                            Evolve Eventuri

Comment

Finally got everything I needed to start my Brembo project - Stripped my Calipers and being sent off to powder coat Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1125.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	23097

Pretty much ordered - all new everything and I will take more pictures of everything once the caliper come back

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

If your not concerned with the weight and you want to deal with less issues, go RR for the rear and CM for the front , this way you don’t have to grind anything down. That’s what I did and the install went smooth.
                                • 2006 AW/IR Manual
                                • Karbonius Race / Alpha- N
                                • Supersprint
                                • KW V3
                                • 996 Brembo
                                • ZCP / PSS

Comment

Working...
                                X