Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

LOL…

at least he listed the calipers here in the “Parts For Sale” section with a “NAM3forum” discount. $1,750 shipped… LOL
    Last edited by SWRT_M3; 09-24-2020, 05:27 PM.
    Formally SWRTstang_M3 on M3forum.net with a join date of 07/2004

Comment

Same photo as https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...coated-rebuilt
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Oh wow I didn’t even see that! Man my entire Brembo BBK was just under $2k. That’s calipers, brackets, lines, rotors, new seals, brake fluid and machining of the calipers.

“Plug n Play” for $1800. Plus another $1800 for the parts that are missing to complete the kit. 🤪
        Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 09-24-2020, 04:03 PM.
        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

for those seeing that ad and listing...please do not get swindled by over-paying. i bought my full set of calipers for $400 off craigslist. cleaned them up with some brake clean. took them to a local machine shop (simple google search), paid $40 to have them machined down to work on the E46 and them painted them myself. I got quotes for powdercoating the set for roughly $200...but chose to do it myself.

do not overpay for calipers lol

Comment

I keep telling myself, "I'm not gonna say anything..."
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I saw the post and also refrained from spamming his add. but for that money, you can get brand new Porsche callipers with the hardware (clips, pins, etc) included from FCPEuro. I thought it was a joke TBH

Comment

I am the one who listed those calipers for sale. Let me start out by saying it is not my intent to swindle anyone in this community, or any owner of an E46 M3.

I did this conversion on my own car several months ago, and was unsatisfied with the painted finish. The red VHT caliper paint is too dark compared to Brembo red, so I had these powder coated ones made.

The powder coating & rebuild cost $720, and a good set of 996 caliper cores costs around $700. Plus this set needed 1 new crossover line and 1 set of new bleeder valves. At $1750, I'm basically charging someone $200 to do the leg work for them, if that. I listed them for sale because my car is currently sitting and not being driven much. I figured I'd list them for sale in favor of not tying up the cash over the winter, and just have another set made for me in the spring.

More power to you if you are resourceful and can save some money. I will advise you that if you choose a powder coating shop, make sure they mask the bores of the calipers off. I had another set ruined because an incompetent powder coater sandblasted the bores.

Also new Porsche calipers are $700 each for fronts, $500 each for rears. You'd pay $2400 and have calipers that say "Porsche" on them.

My pricing is high compared to DIY'ing the whole thing from start to finish, but compared to other offerings on the market, like this one (which 4 people have bought), I do not think the price is outrageous. At $1600, these calipers aren't even machined and the rear crossover lines still need to be flipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-CALIPER...cAAOSwJmJe6~HV
                Last edited by Titaniu//M; 09-24-2020, 06:29 PM.
                '06 BMW M3 6MT Coupe - TiAg/Imola
                '99 BMW M3 5MT Coupe - Estoril/Dove
                '00 Honda Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl/Black
                '11 Toyota Tacoma T/X TRD - Magnetic Grey/Grey

Instagram: @6spd_M3 | @midwesteuroparts

Comment

Meh. This thread is for the DIY and those who choose not to overpay. We respected your thread by not posting within it. But this thread here is for those who are a bit more savvy and willing to do the legwork or educate those who might go that route. To each their own.

for me, a dollar saved is a dollar earned. Those within my social circle with an E46 I point them through the process while spending half of that asking price.

Comment

Hi guys, here are few photos from my recently finished install.

I am still getting a slight squeal when coming to a complete stop, but it has improved since re-bedding the pads. It is still not gone, but it is really only audible when having the windows down. I want it gone completely, but I feel like putting more miles on the car is helping. The last bedding was 10+ stops from 60-75mph down to 20. They were smelling a ton and I felt like I reached a temp threshold with the pads. Interestingly enough the squeal is not present until the brakes get some temperature into them, I don't hear the squeal the first few stops from cold.

Factory Anodized Porsche Calipers with custom painted IND inspired Brembo Moto Logos
                    Rally Road Brackets and Lines
                    Textar Pads
                    OEM ZCP Rotors
                    SSR GT2-H Wheels (19x8.5 et42 w/ 10mm spacer, 19x10 et25)
                    Michelin PSS (235/35-19 and 275/30-19)
                    Motorsport Hardware 75mm Stud Kit
                    Ground Control Street / Track Coilovers

Click image for larger version

Name:	i-7G2ZxHG-L.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	58543

Name:	i-xNTb5SC-L.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	58544

Name:	i-4xmccFG-L.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	58545

Name:	i-vwPrQ4p-L.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	58546

Name:	i-5HrC828-L.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	58547

Name:	i-2ND8rd3-L.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	58548

Name:	i-Kqf7ncm-L.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	58549

Name:	i-p37GLxP-L.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	58550

Name:	i-gS46KLM-L.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	58551

Name:	i-Skc8sWk-L.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	58552

Name:	i-XTFDQjx-L.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	58553

Comment

Turned out Great! 🤙
                      TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                      Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                      Evolve Eventuri
                      - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Love the look!
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post
                          Tbone, Do you happen to know the torque values for the adapter to the king pin? Also the caliper to the adapter?
                          Did you figure out the torque specs?

Comment

Originally posted by MathewM3 View Post

Did you figure out the torque specs?
                            Front:
                            Adapter to king pin: 50 ft-lb
                            Caliper to adapter: 35 ft-lb
                            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by designer485 View Post
                              Hi guys, here are few photos from my recently finished install.

I am still getting a slight squeal when coming to a complete stop, but it has improved since re-bedding the pads. It is still not gone, but it is really only audible when having the windows down. I want it gone completely, but I feel like putting more miles on the car is helping. The last bedding was 10+ stops from 60-75mph down to 20. They were smelling a ton and I felt like I reached a temp threshold with the pads. Interestingly enough the squeal is not present until the brakes get some temperature into them, I don't hear the squeal the first few stops from cold.

Mine screech when warm and come to a stop. I have Textar and Porsche pads so I think it's going to just be somewhat noisy. Mine are also silent when cold. I know they're warm when they make noise. It's only when I do light breaking though. They don't make any noise above 20 mph. I opted out for the caliper sticker inserts because I was ease of removal and not to spend $70 on noise I can live with.

This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Mine screech when warm and come to a stop. I have Textar and Porsche pads so I think it's going to just be somewhat noisy. Mine are also silent when cold. I know they're warm when they make noise. It's only when I do light breaking though. They don't make any noise above 20 mph. I opted out for the caliper sticker inserts because I was ease of removal and not to spend $70 on noise I can live with.
                                I had this issue on the rears, I retrofitted the red backing plate from a set of ceramic brembo pads I had and the noise went away. I no longer have any noise at any speed at any temperature

Comment

Working...
                                X