Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dumb question, what's the consensus on running a 5x130 adapter for use with street wheels? I have a line on a set of wheels that would be really cool but they're Porsche Cayman fitment. So I'm toying with the idea of doing the adapter plates which act as spacers as well. Looking at the H&R TRAK+ potentially. Thoughts?

edit: ended up finding a different set of wheels
    Last edited by Nate047; 01-05-2021, 04:47 PM.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Dinan yellow konis aren't special at all. The black JRZ dinans however...
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Sometimes referred to as dielectric grease in the autoparts store.
        cheaper to get it at NAPA or other stores as "Silglyde".
        good for swaybar bushings.

Comment

Has anyone replaced the rear differential bushings with factory E36 M3 differential bushings?

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
            Has anyone replaced the rear differential bushings with factory E36 M3 differential bushings?
            See here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...8014#post78014

There are a couple other posts about it too.

tl;dr: cheaper way to get new rubber bushings in there, but they're softer than even the stock E46 M3 bushings. I have no personal experience with this however.
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

See here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...8014#post78014

There are a couple other posts about it too.

tl;dr: cheaper way to get new rubber bushings in there, but they're softer than even the stock E46 M3 bushings. I have no personal experience with this however.
              Ahh. Too bad. I'm not planning on tracking the car, but I can't see them handling the torque. The S52 is not as spiky.
              Cheers for the reply.

Comment

Had an opportunity to buy a brand new Mishimoto Fan at an incredible price (less than $150). It did not come with the controller though. Do your recommend buying the controller or hooking up to the stock aux controller?

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                  I have. My OEM bushings were practically dust when I got the car, so I can't state how they compare to fresh OEM bushings. But I'm experiencing no issues with them, and not sure I would really notice a difference on a road car.

Comment

Hey y’all... looking for exhaust header stud install requirements... dry fit, thread lock, or anti-seize? Double nut and torque stud before new nut or hand thread it in and torque down all at once at the nut torque requirement? There seems to be a lot of contradiction or lack of consensus in my searching on this up to this point.

Thanks!

Comment

Will removal of the front seats (to do a deep clean of seats and carpets; and therefore disconnect any wiring to the seats) result in any dashboard lights? If so, do I need to disconnect the battery first?

Or can I remove then reinstall the seats without any issues?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eml View Post
                        Will removal of the front seats (to do a deep clean of seats and carpets; and therefore disconnect any wiring to the seats) result in any dashboard lights? If so, do I need to disconnect the battery first?

Or can I remove then reinstall the seats without any issues?

Thanks.
                        Yes. It will trigger your airbag light. You can disconnect the battery first then reconnect once the seats are reinstalled.

Comment

This evening's dumb question...anyone know the part number for the plastic covers that go over the RTAB cavity? I spent awhile browsing RealOEM and never could make out which part it was.....

Comment

Left - 51718244045

Right - 51718244046

About $15 ea.

Comment

Just picked up a cheap square set of style 67's 18 x 9's with winter tires on them. What spacer should I run in the back to even out the stance? Thanks guys!

Comment

15mm front, 12mm rear. 12/10mm is good too, but rear hub lips might need slight chamfering/grinding down to accomodate 10mm spacer due to hub extension/mating with spacer.

Comment

Working...
                                X