This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

Yes, but Cali searches for non stock tunes in some cases so that’s not 100% for me in this case.

So, need to know if anyone has installed cams with no tune and how it runs.
    I remember some discussion on the old forum about this. I think the conclusion was that the car ran okay after the DME had some time to adapt. Although I was just talking to a fellow forum member and his car was stalling at idle with cams, csl airbox and a stock csl tune (whose calibration should match to the 272s a little better than stock).

Smog computers supposedly only look at the checksum, no? There's a decent amount of unused space in the DME binaries and the checksum is just a CRC one, so should be simple to write a python (or similar) script to brute force the checksum that the smog computers are expecting, even with a modified tune.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Can I get the best link to high quality DIY brake caliper painting? On the fence as to whether I farm this out if take a crack at it.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I remember some discussion on the old forum about this. I think the conclusion was that the car ran okay after the DME had some time to adapt. Although I was just talking to a fellow forum member and his car was stalling at idle with cams, csl airbox and a stock csl tune (whose calibration should match to the 272s a little better than stock).

Smog computers supposedly only look at the checksum, no? There's a decent amount of unused space in the DME binaries and the checksum is just a CRC one, so should be simple to write a python (or similar) script to brute force the checksum that the smog computers are expecting, even with a modified tune.
        This is great. Thank you. I’m trying to eliminate variables before I BAR the car. It sounds like I should just play it safe with stock cams for now then swap after BAR.

I do appreciate that it can be done, but I’m just not knowledgeable enough to know that I can complete it reliably myself.

Comment

Amazon has the cheapest ACL rod bearings. I'm probably gonna order them but is there anything I should look out for?

Comment

Originally posted by S54.sueño View Post
            Amazon has the cheapest ACL rod bearings. I'm probably gonna order them but is there anything I should look out for?
            They have differnet specs so watch out for that.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Is it a good idea to order rod bearings from Amazon? Asking honestly. I'd have thought even a minor risk of fakes would be intolerable for something like rod bearings but IDK.
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
              Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                Is it a good idea to order rod bearings from Amazon? Asking honestly. I'd have thought even a minor risk of fakes would be intolerable for something like rod bearings but IDK.
                Probably not lol, there was a thread somewhere on the forum that had details on how to check authenticity.
                If anything I can return them if I'm not convinced and pick em up from Lang. Albeit a little more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                  Unless you talk to certain people, not everything is fake on there. Like any other item, check the feedback, shipping location, the vendor store and that they have been on their for a while. Chances are low volume, specialty items like rod bearings, such as ACL, are not going to be fake. The ACL bearings also have a distinct look to them with their surface treatment.

FCP is another option.

Comment

What’s the best way to install an early bumper? Install the aluminum crash bar on the bumper then mount the assembly to the car?
                    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                    Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Unless you talk to certain people, not everything is fake on there. Like any other item, check the feedback, shipping location, the vendor store and that they have been on their for a while. Chances are low volume, specialty items like rod bearings, such as ACL, are not going to be fake. The ACL bearings also have a distinct look to them with their surface treatment.

FCP is another option.
                      Just got them. The box looked good, each bearing has the ACL logo as well as some sort of part number stamped on. Pretty happy with them. One thing that did throw me off was that the main bearings' box did not include s54 in the list of applications. then I found out BMW uses the same main bearings on a lot of different models from a 316i to the M3. Who would've thought?

Comment

Now that BMW fuel injectors have reached prices ranging between $375 and $405 each and Bosch aftermarket is NLA, or at the very least sold out, what are the alternatives for unmodified cars? Or is it suck it up buttercup and drop $2200 to $2400 plus tax for a new set should it be required? I know cleaning is an option, I'm just wondering if alternatives exist for unmodified cars should a replacement be required.
                        Last edited by oceansize; 08-25-2022, 11:23 AM.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
                          Now that BMW fuel injectors have reached prices ranging between $375 and $405 each and Bosch aftermarket is NLA, or at the very least sold out, what are the alternatives for unmodified cars? Or is it suck it up buttercup and drop $2200 to $2400 plus tax for a new set should it be required? I know cleaning is an option, I'm just wondering if alternatives exist for unmodified cars should a replacement be required.
                          I have a set out of a 1500mi engine here somewhere. What would they go for?

T

Comment

More than I’m willing to pay I’m sure, LoL. I don’t need them as I’m SC and replacements are relatively cheap. However I am wondering what might be out there for the community.
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Hey guys,

is it possible to install primary o2 sensor on SGT headers. I am getting a euro section 1 to pass smog and want to make sure I can at least pass the emissions portion. My guy never looks under the car so that would save me.

Comment

Every set of headers has bungs for primary o2s, at a minimum. Some have a second set of bungs for secondaries as well, not to mention one for egt.

Not sure what you're asking. Primary o2s have nowt to do with emissions.

Think you need to clarify.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X