Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to a wrecker in the search for some manual seat rails for my imminent recaro PP's. Can I get them from any E46 with manual seats? Do they have to be from a coupe? Can they come from an E46 compact?

Comment

What tire to go with 265 or 255 on 9" wheel? if that was a 9.5 i'd go with 265 no question, but I am afraid that 265 walls already be deformed and not as stiff on narrower wheel. Or am I too paranoid/wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
        What tire to go with 265 or 255 on 9" wheel? if that was a 9.5 i'd go with 265 no question, but I am afraid that 265 walls already be deformed and not as stiff on narrower wheel. Or am I too paranoid/wrong?
        Typically 245 or 255.
        '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Anyone know the part numbers for both the female pins that go in the X60003 DME connector and the ones that go in the MAF connector? I think BMW sells these sorts of connectors already crimped onto a length of wire. Tried looking around here but couldn't find anything. RealOEM wasn't too helpful either, none of the connectors listed in the "Miscellaneous Plugs and Connectors" section under "Engine Electrical System" look right.

If anyone's curious, I need to go get my car smogged soon but have to revert my airbox back to stock first. Wanted to build a harness for the MAF that I can just throw in the car real quick, instead of undoing all the nice wiring work I've done for the MAP and IAT.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

They're MQS series contacts. The non-sealed variant in this case. There's a bunch of different part numbers for different platings, wire gauge sizes, etc. These should be good for 18 - 20 gauge wires: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...m1dXJisQ%3D%3D

Ideally you'd use a crimper meant for MQS contacts.

Comment

Yeah the crimper part kinda sucks. I'd have to buy one now that I don't have access to the tools at work, which is why I originally wanted the ones from BMW with leads already attached.

I'll try to salvage as many as I can from some harness plugs that I have lying around, but I might have to give in and buy the crimper and contacts. Thank you for the info!
              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
                Anyone know the part numbers for both the female pins that go in the X60003 DME connector and the ones that go in the MAF connector? I think BMW sells these sorts of connectors already crimped onto a length of wire. Tried looking around here but couldn't find anything. RealOEM wasn't too helpful either, none of the connectors listed in the "Miscellaneous Plugs and Connectors" section under "Engine Electrical System" look right.

If anyone's curious, I need to go get my car smogged soon but have to revert my airbox back to stock first. Wanted to build a harness for the MAF that I can just throw in the car real quick, instead of undoing all the nice wiring work I've done for the MAP and IAT.

2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

What sticker fits into older Bmw wheel caps?
                  Like these:
                  Would these work: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...em-36131181106

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

I missed that you were also asking about the maf pins. The sealed variant of these would be the right ones (#2 or #4 + #5 depending on if you want pre crimped or not) https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_2292

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                      What sticker fits into older Bmw wheel caps?
                      Like these:
                      Would these work: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...em-36131181106
                      Iirc, the vendors list the diameters in mm. I would measure and punt from there.
                      Also if you could, make sure they are described as for wheel caps and are conical in cross section.

Comment

I'm looking for a non sticky lubricant for the throttle linkage.
                        Any recommendations?
                        Thinking about powdered graphite if I can find any.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                          I'm looking for a non sticky lubricant for the throttle linkage.
                          Any recommendations?
                          Thinking about powdered graphite if I can find any.
                          Petroleum jelly

Comment

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post
                            Petroleum jelly
                            Cheers for that.
                            I think I want something that won't cake up with dust though; something dry.
                            Seems like the engine bay gets a little dusty.

Comment

Would ordering one genuine bmw LED tail light and one ULO tail light (supposed to be "OE") be a bad idea? If the ULO is OE then the color should match, just missing the bmw logo? It's $50 cheaper on another website.

"BMW Tail Light - ULO 63216920700 | FCP Euro" https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...lo-63216920700
                              Garage:
                              2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                              1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Working...
                              X