This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Most worm style clamps can simply be "unwound" all the way without issue, just be careful not to bend the clamp up too much and you'll be fine.
    I got the old failed clamp out. But getting a new one in place is difficult because of the throttle linkages surrounding the cyl 4 boot.

Just wondering if I loosen the 5 other clamps and pull the whole intake manifold to the drivers side to open enough clearance to get the new clamp onto the boot. Then shove it all back into place.

EDIT: Seems like I should just get the right tension clamps and get rid of the worm clamps.
    Last edited by jayjaya29; 12-16-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post

I got the old failed clamp out. But getting a new one in place is difficult because of the throttle linkages surrounding the cyl 4 boot.

Just wondering if I loosen the 5 other clamps and pull the whole intake manifold to the drivers side to open enough clearance to get the new clamp onto the boot. Then shove it all back into place.

EDIT: Seems like I should just get the right tension clamps and get rid of the worm clamps.
      I agree, get the OEM clamps/$15 tool and avoid issues with clamps comming loose, potentially interfering with the T.B's and also a cleaner look in my opinion. Also the OEM clamps can be re-used if you are even half way careful removing them.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

2022 going into 2023, who is making the best CSL front bumper replica that is reasonably available?

Comment

Originally posted by E36 PWR View Post
          2022 going into 2023, who is making the best CSL front bumper replica that is reasonably available?
          There is a company in Germany making these. Start here and keep reading:

Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

What would be a good type of grease to use for seat rails? Don't want any lingering smell etc.

I am in the process of cleaning up some old rusty seat rails and used a lot of brake clean trying to remove as much of the factory grease as possible as it was full of gritty debris.

Also, bonus points for application techniques as you can't get the center sections packed with grease very easily.

Instagram

Comment

What would be a good type of grease to use for seat rails? Don't want any lingering smell etc.

I am in the process of cleaning up some old rusty seat rails and used a lot of brake clean trying to remove as much of the factory grease as possible as it was full of gritty debris.

Also, bonus points for application techniques as you can't get the center sections packed with grease very easily.
              I have exactly zero experience with this stuff, but found this as I'm about to do the same. Haven't yet pulled the trigger on it:

Rehotemp 662

Reduce wear and NVH with lubricants for tracks, motors, actuators, and more. 

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

I have exactly zero experience with this stuff, but found this as I'm about to do the same. Haven't yet pulled the trigger on it:

Rehotemp 662

https://www.nyelubricants.com/seating-components
                Where are you sourcing this?
                2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Yeah, I couldn't find a retailer either, definitely the right stuff.
                  May have to find an alternate product, might just shoot it with some lithium lubricant as there's not really a good way to pack grease into the tracks and they don't come apart.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

I hadn't gotten that far. Found that link and saved it. There HAS to be a supplier tho. I may email them to find out if they have any B2C or a dealer.

Comment

Looking for a part number for a wiring harness for heated seats.

I'm trying to match what I've got currently in the car but the only part # I see under the seat is -704 which is only for the belt buckle portion/yellow connector.

I'm looking for a part number that matches the photo which is what is currently in my car.
                      Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221223_215306.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	197436

Instagram

Comment

I saw it in another thread but now I can't find it. What it's the current "happybuyitnow" diffuser seller on ebay? There are about 3-4 on there. Some are "shipping" from China, some from USA, some from Taiwan. Any difference?

Edit:found it. "euromotorsports" maybe?

Hey Group, Looking to pick up a happybuyitnow168 CSL rear diffuser. I looked them up on ebay and noticed their seller profile is no longer registered. Has anyone bought a HBIN CSL rear diffuser recently? If you know the sellers new name (or a comparable ebay seller) please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by discoelk; 12-26-2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

How many times have you guys re-used your driveshaft>diff. / axle>diff. bolts?

As we know the HW is extremely expensive, the axle bolts are $16 a piece ×12.

These are not torque to yield are they?
                          I plan on re-using mine for a 3rd time (under my ownership) and just using some blue loctite.

Instagram

Comment

How many times have you guys re-used your driveshaft>diff. / axle>diff. bolts?

As we know the HW is extremely expensive, the axle bolts are $16 a piece ×12.

These are not torque to yield are they?
                            I plan on re-using mine for a 3rd time (under my ownership) and just using some blue loctite.
                            Every product you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life for your ownership of the vehicle. This lifetime replacement guarantee covers everything we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, gaskets, rotors, filters, and wiper blades.
                            2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                            Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                            Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

I know, that will be where I buy when I buy of course, but really wondering how necessary it is to replace these every single time per TIS.

Instagram

Comment

I know, that will be where I buy when I buy of course, but really wondering how necessary it is to replace these every single time per TIS.
                                Got it. Sorry. I think I saw the cost question and assumed that was the main thing.

I'm sure someone here can correct me on this if I'm wrong: AFAIK, if BMW says to replace a bolt, it's TTY. There's probably enough margin that some good torque plus Loctite will be okay, but I'd replace them if it were me – especially if they've been re-used multiple times already.
                                2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                                Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                                Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Working...
                                X