Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't post in FS/WTB thread. Is there an account verification process or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post
      Can you delete and code out the secondary air pump if you are running supersprint stepped headers and supersprint race cats? thanks!!
      If no one answered, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post

Any recommendations for an AlphaN dyno tune? I just got the Evolve CSL airbox and thinking of going AlphaN, sounds too much of a hassle the whole CSL software/ emissions connectivity thing. My shop recommended Epic which is what they use in most of their cars
        I would definitely look into Hte Tuning. Look them up on Instagram. Hassan is very knowledgeable when it comes to tuning our cars. HassanEido

Comment

Any recommendations for an AlphaN dyno tune? I just got the Evolve CSL airbox and thinking of going AlphaN, sounds too much of a hassle the whole CSL software/ emissions connectivity thing. My shop recommended Epic which is what they use in most of their cars
          Def hit up Alex PerformanceEurowerks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
            Can't post in FS/WTB thread. Is there an account verification process or anything?
            You have to hit a required amount of posts created/replied to in order to post. I think the number is 20.

Comment

RK Tunes on Long Island has done both my track car (Evolve box) and street car (Karbonious box). Very happy with both and I have no issues with drivability or NYC inspection. The CSL tune will not pass NYC inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

RK Tunes on Long Island has done both my track car (Evolve box) and street car (Karbonious box). Very happy with both and I have no issues with drivability or NYC inspection. The CSL tune will not pass NYC inspection.
                Perfect, will check them out! Yea, that’s why I’m not interested in dealing with CSL tunes and having to change setups just to pass emissions/ inspection.

Comment

TL;DR: Are stock European ride heights (non-CSL) lower than US cars?

I like a stock ride, for my use it's comfortable and sporty. But, the ride height is a little high.

I like the ZHP ride height, which is about 3/4" lower at each corner, but I don't think the springs rates would work. The Dinan springs seem to be a popular upgrade, maybe I should just go with those.

I currently have Koni yellows and stock springs. Your thoughts and input is appreciated.

Comment

Why are some crush washers copper while others are aluminum? Do I need to worry about some sort of electrolytic corrosion? I’ve always wondered that. However, with the cars chassis being the ground, when would that come into play? Same thing about antisieze paste. Is there a time I should use aluminum based vs copper based?

Comment

For any fittings that Use metal washers for preventing fluid leaks, use aluminum. Aluminum will compress when crushed. BMW uses aluminum washers.

The copper washers are harder than aluminum, and may not seal as well.
                      Last edited by FBloggs; 12-20-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I'm dissatisfied with the popular B12 kit on our cars.
                        The B6 dampers are inadequate for spring damping and body control.
                        So I'm switching to Koni sport from Bilstein B6.
                        If I don't get on with the Koni/Eibach, I'll be looking at CSL springs.

Has anyone tried the Koni/CSL combo for 2 month or so?

I don't want coilovers.

Comment

Who makes the Alternator for our cars? Bosch or Valeo? I'm about to do some major maintenance to my car and I'm thinking of changing out the alternator as well since the original one is 20 years old. I have a choice between a rebuilt Bosch or brand new Valeo.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
                            Who makes the Alternator for our cars? Bosch or Valeo? I'm about to do some major maintenance to my car and I'm thinking of changing out the alternator as well since the original one is 20 years old. I have a choice between a rebuilt Bosch or brand new Valeo.
                            Valeo

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Valeo
                              Appreciate it bro.

Comment

Originally posted by FBloggs View Post
                                I'm dissatisfied with the popular B12 kit on our cars.
                                The B6 dampers are inadequate for spring damping and body control.
                                So I'm switching to Koni sport from Bilstein B6.
                                If I don't get on with the Koni/Eibach, I'll be looking at CSL springs.

Has anyone tried the Koni/CSL combo for 2 month or so?

I don't want coilovers.
                                The DINAN/Koni setup seems to be the best aftermarket non-coilover setup based on recommendations from others. Like with all his products, Steve Dinan put a good amount of R&D into his suspension kits.
                                Last edited by Slideways; 12-21-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X