This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Off the ground like the car would be at a shop or bmw dealer.
    Likely during original assembly the plate was installed without the wheels and in the air--in the factory, then the car went through an alignment station. I agree it is ideal to reproduce that condition--but maybe not necessary. Absent any callout in the TIS or Bentley, one could deduce that plate install relative to weighted condition of the vehicle/suspension doesn't matter. Bentley doesn't necessary assume all work is done on a lift as the make mention to using jack stands, etc. Not to argue, but what is your reasoning for taking the position to remove/install with the vehicle in the air (not weight on wheels)?

Comment

I only say that because it does connect to the control arms in two places. Perhaps weighted, it wouldn't quite line up?

More practically, you're not going to be removing it with wheels on the ground anyway.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

I noticed that my AC is blowing cold on one side and warm on the other. What's the best order of things to check to diagnose this?
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Add R134a refrigerant to the port right near the positive battery terminal in the engine bay, while the car is running and A/C on full blast.

For our cars' age, I wouldn't assume you need to replace parts, simply that refrigerant has diminished over time.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Definitely if right hand side is not as cold as left then low on refrigerant is most likely. It's designed to cool the driver's side first (LHD). Not so great for us in RHD countries...

Comment

In my experience, you get better results by taking it to a shop who can put a vacuum on the system, then refill with the correct amount of refrigerant.
              2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Def best to pull a vacuum, but if it’s a DIY diagnosis or first attempt I’ve had a lot of luck with the auto parts store refill valves and bottles. Of course it’s pressure based and not weight based, but if you just need to get to the next stage of diagnosis it’s pretty cheap and fast to do so.

Comment

Thanks guys, yea I am def not DIYing this. Just curious to see what I'm in for.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

If you accept a follow request on here, what does that mean? Just noticed I received one from a member a while ago but have no idea what it means. And how do you even initiate a follow request?

-Faceless (clearly)
                    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Do our diffs have a weep hole to get rid of excess fluid? If so, where is it located?
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Yes

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-33112282482-33-11-2-282-482-SF-Genuine-BMW-Differential-Cover-1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	178809
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Investigating EGT sensor replacement for new exhaust install and am curious:

1) How long do these sensors tend to last? I'm at 81k on original and inclined to replace it for my SS system install.
                          2) Is this one OK to go "OE" instead of Gen BMW as is the case with the Bosch O2s?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                            Investigating EGT sensor replacement for new exhaust install and am curious:

1) How long do these sensors tend to last? I'm at 81k on original and inclined to replace it for my SS system install.
                            2) Is this one OK to go "OE" instead of Gen BMW as is the case with the Bosch O2s?

Thank you
                            Assuming you're using the Supersprint HJS cats in their section 1, you want to turn off EGT-based enrichment in your DME binary anyway, so who cares if the sensor is old.

Comment

Can anyone help me with a part number for the factory brake duct to bracket hardware? Realoem has it greyed out and ive ordered almost every other piece on this page but none match my factory hardware on the drivers side. My passenger side doesnt have the factory hardware and is currently mounted with a bolt and bunch of washers i had lying around, not ideal lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	realoem brake duct.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.0 KB ID:	179020

Name:	image_37168.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	179024
                              Drivers with proper OE factory hardware

Name:	image_37167.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	179023
                              Passengers with janky hardware lol
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by BigRussia; 08-03-2022, 08:09 AM.
                              2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
                              Instagram
                              Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by BigRussia View Post
                                Can anyone help me with a part number for the factory brake duct to bracket hardware? Realoem has it greyed out and ive ordered almost every other piece on this page but none match my factory hardware on the drivers side. My passenger side doesnt have the factory hardware and is currently mounted with a bolt and bunch of washers i had lying around, not ideal lol.
                                In my experience you can't always trust the greyed out stuff for minor hardware like this. To get a part number go back and manually pick something like a 320i instead and then go to the same page and you'll often find the part number listed

e.g. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3275

(Note I tried a 330Ci first and it was disabled there too)

You might want #17 cropped from your image

Comment

Working...
                                X