This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I'm lowered and in a vert like you and I installed CMP solid bushings which corrects suspension geometry on lowered cars. Highly recommend. Great time to do rear end links, sway bar bushings, and diff bushings if you haven't already done so.
    Thank you. I was thinking of doing solid subframe bushings but was concerned that it would be too rough on the rear. Would this cause more cracks ?

I have new front and rest sway bars in the mail and I just purchased MOOG end links for the front to pair up with my KW coil overs. I plan on doing the rogue engineering front fix diff bushing and a new diff cover with oem bushings. Just tossed up about 95A subframe bushings or solid.

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Thank you. I was thinking of doing solid subframe bushings but was concerned that it would be too rough on the rear. Would this cause more cracks ?

I have new front and rest sway bars in the mail and I just purchased MOOG end links for the front to pair up with my KW coil overs. I plan on doing the rogue engineering front fix diff bushing and a new diff cover with oem bushings. Just tossed up about 95A subframe bushings or solid.
      In short yes, from CMP:

By reducing the dampening of impulsive forces you increase the peak stress acting on the chassis thus reducing the fatigue life. Meaning, failure is both more likely to occur and occur sooner.

I took the risk (I'm reinforced with Redish plates so I will see what happens in the future).
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

In short yes, from CMP:

By reducing the dampening of impulsive forces you increase the peak stress acting on the chassis thus reducing the fatigue life. Meaning, failure is both more likely to occur and occur sooner.

I took the risk (I'm reinforced with Redish plates so I will see what happens in the future).
        Thanks for this. So I’ll just stick with AKG 95A rear subframe bushings.

Comment

Can you delete and code out the secondary air pump if you are running supersprint stepped headers and supersprint race cats? thanks!!

Comment

Does anyone here have experience with this camshaft alignment / timing kit?

2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by eljay View Post
              Does anyone here have experience with this camshaft alignment / timing kit?
              Looks like the rest of the ebay kits. I've used one of those before and engine timed up fine. Other members have reported engine damage. Just get the BMW one so you don't have to worry about potential manufacturing issues, it's like $30 more.

2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
                Newb question: Is an ECU upgrade required to run any kind of intake, CSL or otherwise? If so, is converting to MAF always required to when upgrading the ECU?

Bonus question: how reversible is taking out MAF and returning to "stock"? Plug-and-play or major headache?
                Since I'm not allowed to light you up in this thread...(I was going to say stick with riding bikes ).

Depends on whether your car is pre or post facelift. Later cars came with MSS54HP ECU (vs earlier MSS54) and can run CSL software. For CSL style box you'd want HP ECU. For other box like eventuri, K&N, etc you dont, you can just get a custom tune.

Our cars (non-CSL) come stock with a maf...which works decently for small orifices. Once you go to CSL style, you need a pressure sensor (map instead of maf), or go sensorless and run alphan.

There are some threads on the forum that can help you out with more info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                  Since I'm not allowed to light you up in this thread...(I was going to say stick with riding bikes ).

Depends on whether your car is pre or post facelift. Later cars came with MSS54HP ECU (vs earlier MSS54) and can run CSL software. For CSL style box you'd want HP ECU. For other box like eventuri, K&N, etc you dont, you can just get a custom tune.

Our cars (non-CSL) come stock with a maf...which works decently for small orifices. Once you go to CSL style, you need a pressure sensor (map instead of maf), or go sensorless and run alphan.

There are some threads on the forum that can help you out with more info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Thank you. I think I can see why the flame proof thread is so valuable re-reading my post

I'll show myself out 😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	192
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	73807
                  2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
                  ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Just installed a SS Race muffler and the tip alignment is a bit off...the driver side tips are awfully close to the center piece of the diffuser. This is also putting too much stress on the rear driver-side exhaust hanger basically pulling it towards the middle of the car.

What’s the best way to move the sect 3/ tips towards the left of the car? It seems to me that the problem is in the sect 2 to sect 3 connection. The old section 2 flanges were pretty much stuck on the sect 2 so I figured not to replace the one of the two that slips on, before installing the SS sect 3. Also, tried to adjust the exhaust hangers but no luck. Btw the sect 3 exhaust hangers are brand new ( I initially thought this was the problem so I ordered new hangers) and the sect 2 is SS resonated single pipe. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Looks like the rest of the ebay kits. I've used one of those before and engine timed up fine. Other members have reported engine damage. Just get the BMW one so you don't have to worry about potential manufacturing issues, it's like $30 more.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ol-83300493749
                      The kit seems to have some extra bits (crankshaft pin, crank turning socket, VANOS spacers) that would add up to a bit more going the OEM route, but yes, I wouldn't want to risk damage, so I think I'll look to available OEM tool rental options.
                      Last edited by eljay; 12-17-2020, 09:26 AM.
                      2006 BMW M3 ZCP

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_P View Post
                        Just installed a SS Race muffler and the tip alignment is a bit off...the driver side tips are awfully close to the center piece of the diffuser. This is also putting too much stress on the rear driver-side exhaust hanger basically pulling it towards the middle of the car.

What’s the best way to move the sect 3/ tips towards the left of the car? It seems to me that the problem is in the sect 2 to sect 3 connection. The old section 2 flanges were pretty much stuck on the sect 2 so I figured not to replace the one of the two that slips on, before installing the SS sect 3. Also, tried to adjust the exhaust hangers but no luck. Btw the sect 3 exhaust hangers are brand new ( I initially thought this was the problem so I ordered new hangers) and the sect 2 is SS resonated single pipe. Any ideas?
                        There is room for adjustment on the section 2. More can be added by enlarging the slots for the section 2 mounts. Once the alignment is adjusted from the section 2, look to see if the exhaust hanger are still being pulled toward the center. If so, then a few washers and longer bolts can space the muffler out so it is not pulling on the hangers. Double check clearance around the section 2 after alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                          or go sensorless and run alphan.
                          Im obligated to chime in a say just go Alpha N and get a proper dyno tune.

Comment

ok here is another one from me!

What year did the shark fin antenna introduce in e46 m3? Are they an option? Mine is 2005 and it does not have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

There is room for adjustment on the section 2. More can be added by enlarging the slots for the section 2 mounts. Once the alignment is adjusted from the section 2, look to see if the exhaust hanger are still being pulled toward the center. If so, then a few washers and longer bolts can space the muffler out so it is not pulling on the hangers. Double check clearance around the section 2 after alignment.
                              Thanks will try this. If it doesn’t work I will try to get rid of the current sect 2 to muffler exhaust flange that is pretty much stuck on and replace it with a new one

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Im obligated to chime in a say just go Alpha N and get a proper dyno tune.
                                Any recommendations for an AlphaN dyno tune? I just got the Evolve CSL airbox and thinking of going AlphaN, sounds too much of a hassle the whole CSL software/ emissions connectivity thing. My shop recommended Epic which is what they use in most of their cars

Comment

Working...
                                X