Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate the feedback, one of the other reasons I was looking at larger sizes is tire rack is out of the OEM size rear tires in the ECS2s

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Those will fit. For a stock car, I'd probably just stick with the stock tire size. Modern tires are already very grippy compared to the PS1/2s the car came with. CSL used a 235/265 if you want more tire for a stock car. The ECS1 in the 235/265 has plenty of grip for the street.

Edit: Another reason to keep the stock tires is the extra sidewall, tire profile - 40/35 vs 35/30 - for a little more ride comfort.
      This. Depending on your rim size, I'd do 235/265 or 245/275. 235/265 is a nice street setup that tracks normally and has no weird tramlining.
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
      Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Personally, I'd spend the extra $150 for the Michelin PS4S before compromising on tire size.

Also, you'll notice that the 225/255 PS4S combo is available in two different flavors. The less expensive one with the load/speed ratings in parenthesis is the OE BMW Star tire.

2003 Imola Red M3 w/ SMG

Comment

Interesting point on the rolling diameter. Has anyone experienced any real world effects of this?

Although I'm changing these, I noticed my car came with 225/45 front 245/40 rear on stock 18's.

Based on this it the front would be taller than the rear. I haven't noticed any negative performance from dsc. It is an Mk20 if that matters.

Comment

Working...
          X