X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was shockingly uneventful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
      I changed the fasteners for the strut brace, not entirely convinced, let me know your thoughts. I think the OE ones with black caps make it more homogenous

Click image for larger version

Name:	StrutBraceFasteners.jpeg
Views:	685
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	147330
      That looks really good. Did you paint the strut bar silver or just removed the black paint?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

That looks really good. Did you paint the strut bar silver or just removed the black paint?
        The Z4M’s item was left uncoated, it is only brushed. The M3’s is the one that is finished in black.

Comment

Originally posted by LVMESM46 View Post
          robgill what are the plans with the diff? Sending it out?
          Diffsonline 3.85 in prep for a 5-speed swap. Still debating limited slip options.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

The Z4M’s item was left uncoated, it is only brushed. The M3’s is the one that is finished in black.
            Oh I just realized its a Z4M. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Replaced the "liquid gold" differential fluid. The fluid that came out had a hint of red, so the previous owner might have used something different. On a related note. I've been watching oil and car parts on FCP euro and ecs tuning increasing almost everyday. I finally ordered the M3 and bmw emblem to put on the CSL trunk before they are $70+ each this time next year. 10w60 liqui molly 5qt jumped from $44 to $53 on ecs before I pulled the trigger. $50 on FCP.
              Attached Files
              Garage:
              2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
              1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Wifey got me a delrin shift knob from Garagistic. Have a diff style from them on my E30, and absolutely love it.

i knew it was missing something out the box, so i added an M logo decal in the center to mimic the ZHP knob. OEM+.

Knob comes with a plastic insert that slides over the grooved stock shifter, and this one screws in

Name:	image_31146.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	147789

Name:	image_31148.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	147790

Name:	image_31147.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	147791

Name:	image_31149.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	147792

Name:	image_31150.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	147793

Name:	image_31151.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	147794

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                  Wifey got me a delrin shift knob from Garagistic. Have a diff style from them on my E30, and absolutely love it.

i knew it was missing something out the box, so i added an M logo decal in the center to mimic the ZHP knob. OEM+.

Knob comes with a plastic insert that slides over the grooved stock shifter, and this one screws in

Name:	image_31146.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	147789

Name:	image_31148.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	147790

Name:	image_31147.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	147791

Name:	image_31149.jpg
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	147792

Name:	image_31150.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	147793

Name:	image_31151.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	147794
                  That's pretty badass!!!
                  Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post

That's pretty badass!!!
                    Hahah thanks. Prob not for everyone but the feel of the delrin is smooth…has some weight to it too, and doesn’t get hot or cold like aluminum does.

this is the one i have in my E30. I used a condorspeed shift pattern insert sticker with the Garagistic knob
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by antknee; 01-12-2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

That's pretty badass!!!
                      That last one is the money shot!

maw
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

That last one is the money shot!

maw
                        thanks bud!

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post
                          Hahah thanks. Prob not for everyone but the feel of the delrin is smooth…has some weight to it too, and doesn’t get hot or cold like aluminum does.
                          I have a racecar with a delrin shift knob a buddy made for me on a lathe just for that reason. It's awesome. Doesn't transfer heat, extremely comfortable in the hand and has a great weight to it. Will try to get a pic of it.

So I totally get it!!

Comment

I have a racecar with a delrin shift knob a buddy made for me on a lathe just for that reason. It's awesome. Doesn't transfer heat, extremely comfortable in the hand and has a great weight to it. Will try to get a pic of it.

So I totally get it!!
                            Sounds just like my bmw knob 🤔
                            2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Sounds just like my bmw knob 🤔
                              That's what she said

Edit: Currently watching The Office. This didn't land like I thought it would in my head, lol
                              Last edited by Casa de Mesa; 01-13-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Did a full refresh on my diff today. Cleaned the housing, new seals all around, a new cover for fresh bushings, and went with Liquimoly fluid.

The pinion nut was 1/16-1/8 of a turn backed off from the white paint mark that was already there. Don’t know if they mark it at the factory or if the first mechanic who got to it marked the nut and pinion, then the next guy didn’t pay any attention to it? Anyway, I tightened it up to the paint mark and the diff feels fine to my uncalibrated hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X