Clear All

Euro Headers
    Fabspeed Section 1 Catted
    Dinan Stage 2 tune (hello CARB EO!)

Feels pretty awesome 👍👍👍
    2005 6MT TiAg | 1:47.01 @ Laguna Seca
    ..........................| 1:58.93 @ Sonoma

Comment

Yesterday, had my first track day with the M3 at Buttonwillow.

Those General G-Max RS tires actually held up pretty well until it started getting hot.

Engine temp got hot once but not enough to turn on the "oh shit" overheating light. It was usually hanging out around the 2nd dot most sessions. Oil temp was hanging out around 270.

Spun out coming out of On-ramp/Buttonhook when I got on the power too early.

Harry's Lap Timer said I did a 2:17. An OK time but I'm happy with it.

Last edited by zzyzx85; 04-10-2022, 06:59 PM.
      "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
      ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Finished up my evo x recaro transformation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post

CrisSilberGrau they are 355mm. I have the 13.01.10065 kit. It’s the six piston Radi-Cal kit. I’m going to the track for three consecutive days next week so I will get to put them to the test relatively quickly. The problem is all the Porsche HPDE guys found out about the AP kits so they have continued to rise in price.

Seeing stuff like that from essex cements my want for their services. Thats what this world needs more of fml.
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Can't really hold this anymore. I know some of my local car group guys are in here, hopefully they'll keep it quiet for the season opener.

I did a thing. When i came to ownership I've always tried to listen to those that have gone there an back with the platform as a means to build something that's gonna be up to par so to say.

I went the same route as COVID-19 and ordered from deemontweeks as it was way cheaper. Then waited for asc fabrics, then waited for my local upholsterer, then waited to find rails and refurb them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220409_001130175.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	162819 Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220409_012221992.NIGHT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	162820

Excuse the steering wheel, it bothers me yes. But priorities you know.

Initial impressions, the useability of these far outweighs any other bucket. The seat belt situation is like stock or better, it's easier to find the buckle than stock imo. As most say, this is the best mod you can do after CSL imo, if not on par. Everything is turned up to 11, I literally feel exhaust rumble more through the floor and up my back. I do however need some lumbar support. At 6'3" this is tough on the spine after 30mins.

Thoroughly happy with this. Install was a pain. Tried all the holes with the Brey mounts before install and it all line up, once the mounts are fitted to the OEM rails, there must be some flex that ruins the fit. I had to enlarge almost every hole, very frustrating.

Due to lower driving position I've had to remove the center console and the arm rest which I've been so fond of. I now need to spend more money for a CSL one... maybe in a few years, this was a fair bit of DO RE MI.

PS fabric pens for the fuking win. So glad they left the stiches white.
            Last edited by CrisSilberGrau; 04-11-2022, 07:17 AM.
            2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

CrisSilberGrau I need the lumbar also. I love how connected you feel to the road and every nuance. Almost like you are riding on really stiff suspension but more comfortable.

Comment

Can't imagine the relief for a tall guy finally having a seat that lets you get low enough. These might be the first nogaros done in mtex that I've seen, grats.
                Not to shit in your cornflakes so to speak, but I'd be taking that front insert back to the upholsterer to get them to line up the pattern.

Comment

Finally got around to trying the rear side window seal repair (after doing the lower trim more than 2 years ago). Only took about 2.5 hours from start to finish. The most important tools for the job are a 3M adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade to get the old double-side tape off. Planning to do the full passenger side next (Seal and Lower trim). Highly highly recommend folks do this instead of wasting hundreds of dollars on new side trim.

2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post
                    Finally got around to trying the rear side window seal repair (after doing the lower trim more than 2 years ago). Only took about 2.5 hours from start to finish. The most important tools for the job are a 3M adhesive remover and a plastic razor blade to get the old double-side tape off. Planning to do the full passenger side next (Seal and Lower trim). Highly highly recommend folks do this instead of wasting hundreds of dollars on new side trim.

Where did you order the trim? I’m needing this refresh badly

Comment

Originally posted by Liverpoolreds8 View Post

Where did you order the trim? I’m needing this refresh badly

Some folks have ordered the Metro Moulded universal weatherstripping from Summit. I didn't want to wait and my local Advance Auto Parts had the Ameriseal version in stock.

The key is this shape, 3/4" x 7/8" x 8'. One roll will do both sides of the car. And I didn't have to run any vacuum hose through mine to prevent kinking, it actually held its shape pretty well.
                      2002 M3 Coupe | 1988 320i Touring

Comment

Albino09 Looks great! Which weather stripping did you use?

Edit: N/m I posted before seeing your post above. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Albino09 View Post

Some folks have ordered the Metro Moulded universal weatherstripping from Summit. I didn't want to wait and my local Advance Auto Parts had the Ameriseal version in stock.

The key is this shape, 3/4" x 7/8" x 8'. One roll will do both sides of the car. And I didn't have to run any vacuum hose through mine to prevent kinking, it actually held its shape pretty well.
                          Thanks for the info, need to do this on mine as well
                          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by ridebikes View Post
                            Euro Headers
                            Fabspeed Section 1 Catted
                            Dinan Stage 2 tune (hello CARB EO!)

Feels pretty awesome 👍👍👍
                            Question. Why bother with a CARB legal tune when you have headers and aftermarket cats?
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
                              Yesterday, had my first track day with the M3 at Buttonwillow.

Those General G-Max RS tires actually held up pretty well until it started getting hot.

Engine temp got hot once but not enough to turn on the "oh shit" overheating light. It was usually hanging out around the 2nd dot most sessions. Oil temp was hanging out around 270.

Spun out coming out of On-ramp/Buttonhook when I got on the power too early.

Harry's Lap Timer said I did a 2:17. An OK time but I'm happy with it.

Was that clockwise 13 configuration or something else?
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Question. Why bother with a CARB legal tune when you have headers and aftermarket cats?
                                there's a chance parts can be overlooked/missed on visual inspection

Comment

Working...
                                X